Stay with the storm. They are much better.
    04-15-10 09:50 AM
    I don't get it...why are some people so concerned with what phone others have? I don't care what phone you use. If you want a droid, go get one. I also don't care what type of toilet paper you use, or what your favorite cheese is. Since we're not 12 year old girls that hang out all the time and swap clothes, fingernail polish and possibly our phones...it doesn't matter to me, or anyone else on this web site what phone you have.
    Developers make apps and update software based on where the demand is. If everyone jumps ship from BB to other devices you get less developers making apps and software for BB. I'd rather have the best developers making apps for BBs instead of other devises.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 12:31 PM
    Im gone! I cannot take the web browsing on this thing. Absolutely horrendous! My storm will be on ebay the 29th.
    04-15-10 12:49 PM
    It's highly annoying that any decent app for BB costs $5 - $15, why most of these on Android or Iphone are free or a buck or two, why should I have to buy BerryWeather for $10 when my wifes Eris comes has weather built into the theme for free, and looks even better? Open access = cheaper, better and more apps.
    04-15-10 12:50 PM
    I love my S2 when it works. The thing that really bugs me is that it never seems to be consistent. Screen pressure needed fluctuates over the course of the day, while some Devs have great apps, RIM apps leave some to desire in the most basic functions. BB browser is slow and clunky, Batt life on the S2 is less than desirable, etc.

The things that make a BB great though (email, BBM, easy phone transfers between BB) are all there but with the developing platforms all around, RIM needs to step up their game in the consumer market or else they're going to lose customers to other platforms.

At the moment, its a love/hate relationship with my S2 since the screen isn't consistent and will randomly choose letters from the opposite side of where I press, the messaging is great. In the end though, it comes down to what the end user wants out of the device. There will always be a large client�le for BB in the enterprise market, but if RIM wants to keep it that way, they need to step up to the plate with a better OS and browser since Apple is trying to make their way into the Enterprise market and Android will eventually do the same.
    04-15-10 12:51 PM
    Penis envy....they have to have the better phone to make up for where they are deficient
    Whats wrong with Pen!s envy?
    04-15-10 01:36 PM
    Im gone! I cannot take the web browsing on this thing. Absolutely horrendous! My storm will be on ebay the 29th.
    You will regret it (assuming you are sincere and not a troll).

The storm is the best.
    04-15-10 02:36 PM
    Had the Droid for about 4 months. Kept modding it with different ROMs and stuff like that but it just never clicked with me for some reason. On paper it's a much better phone, but I just couldn't warm up to it. Ended up selling it and do not miss it.
    04-15-10 03:16 PM
    I have been waiting for the Incredible to come out and since my Storm 2 keeps shuting down randomly, I am gone. Peace out Storm 2.
    04-15-10 03:33 PM
    penis envy....they have to have the better phone to make up for where they are deficient
    +1

lol...... :d
    04-15-10 03:42 PM
    Im gonna go into the store and look at it first, but it does look rather promising.

I really do like my Storm 2, but the OS and browser are starting to get at me. And the app prices and availability arent very appealing as someone else stated.

That, and my S2 took a nasty spill the other day and now has some fairly large cracks running through the digitizer, and Im not one to go in and replace it myself really. But, it still functions, for now, and I may be in the need of getting it fixed or getting a new device anyway.

I dont hate the Blackberry Platform at all, it just seems like RIM is really stagnating with it. Android seems to be improving and the devices are becoming more attractive to me, but for reference I didnt like the Droid, mostly because of the slider. I dont use BBM either, so that really isnt an issue. For mostly just texting, light email, web browsing, and taking some pictures/video, it seems like a device like the Incredible would more suit my needs at this time.

The one thing I will really miss if I end up getting the Incredible is SureType on the S2.
    04-15-10 04:06 PM
    [snip]
    The one thing I will really miss if I end up getting the Incredible is SureType on the S2.[/snip]
    Actually there is a keyboard "skin" that can be purchased that gives Android touchscreens the SureType keyboard. I can't attest to how well it works, but at least you can get the keyboard with double letters on each key. Come to think of it, I could have sworn I read that as an option in the manual......

But you won't get the click.
    04-15-10 06:39 PM
    one thing i dont think has been mentioned, and this was one reason i passed on the N1, the phone isnt a world phone. It doesnt have GSM. Atleast i didnt see it in the specs anywhere.

So you are tied to VZW with no overseas use. For some this is a dealbreaker. For me it wont matter, i have my storm 2 and this phone would be just to have a second device to play with and see what the android OS is about.

So everyone needs to keep that in mind before purchase. If i am wrong and it doesnt have GSM then forget what i said
    04-15-10 06:46 PM
    I actually just used my upgrade to get a S2, however, I am really thinking about returning it and waiting for the Incredible to come out.

The reason I stayed with Blackberry is primarily because of BBM and familiarity (I had an S1), but most of my friends are using Gchat now anyways. Losing BBM wouldn't be too much of a loss now.

I remember buying my dad a Motorola Droid back when it came and and being very happy about the performance (speed, function, etc.). I like the Android OS.

As it stands right now, I'll probably ditch my S2 and bring it back to Verizon tomorrow.
    04-15-10 06:56 PM
    I'm keeping my storm 2 for now
    04-15-10 07:00 PM
    Just burned my upgrade on a s2 and very happy with it so far. Anyways the Nexus 2, whenever it comes out is really going set the bar high for future smartphones.
    04-15-10 07:12 PM
    deff keeping my storm2 only a new touch screen blackberry will lure me away
    04-15-10 07:12 PM
    Just ordered a S2, can't wait till it gets here.
    Had a curve 8310, and it was the best phone I've ever had tough as nails, easy to use LOVED it.
    I won't use anything but a BB simple as that!
    04-15-10 08:03 PM
    Woohoo!!! BlackBerry is classic but Android is the future right now.

Look at all the converts!
    04-15-10 08:16 PM
    honestly, my answer may be just based on first impressions... but
    my first BB was a storm 1. And as of now, I'm about ready to go to
    VZW again for another swap (my fourth storm). Of course there are things
    about BB i love such as the suretype, BBM, and the fast emails/sms (seems
    like android users are saying the time it takes to send and receive emails are
    about the same now as BB... but i cant vouch for that). Android phones seem
    to be the ones for me now :P, but who knows... i might come back once RIM
    launches an awesome phone itself.
    04-15-10 09:33 PM
    The incredible!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 09:43 PM
    I will not be. BBM is big for me. Since it's a world phone, I do not have to worry when I go overseas except to add a plan. It's great to just use BBM to text instead of SMS which cost like $.10 per sms received and $.50 to send. 90% of the people I text are on BBM so I have nothing to worry about.
    04-15-10 11:04 PM
    I'd love to pick up a storm2... but its only available on telus and bell ><
    so buy one and unlok it
    04-16-10 09:15 AM
    I love my S2. I might have to check out the Incredible and see what the buzz is about.
    04-16-10 11:33 AM
    You might be able to personalize the Droid more, but you can only use it in the US.
    I'd rather a S2, over a droid any day or an iPhone, I'm on AT&T and don't use an iPhone, I use an unlocked S2.
    I love how you don't accidentally push an app, SUREPRESS, is a BRILLIANT idea.
    I had a regular touch screen, and you wouldn't believe how many times I accidentally clicked on the wrong thing then had to wait to close it out.
    Never have that problem on the S2!!!!
    04-16-10 11:53 AM
315 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD