It looks like I screwed up. :-( I installed the .591 leak and then the Lyricidal hybrid on top and did the update to the phone... But I forgot to delete the vendor.xml file first. Now when I try to sync with BESx (running on my Exchange box), the synchronization hangs at 81% complete, with the Address Book, Certificate Summary Data, Email Filters, Email Settings, Memos, PIM Folder List, and Tasks all at 'Initializing'. Everything else shows 'Complete'. From the BESx side my current carrier is 'vodafone NL' instead of 'Verizon Wireless'. Is there any way to get back to the correct carrier, or is it something different that's screwing me up?
    05-20-10 11:53 AM
    I dont use hybrids but seems to me you can just re-wipe the phone and re-install after deleting vendor file...
    05-20-10 12:19 PM
    It looks like I screwed up. :-( I installed the .591 leak and then the Lyricidal hybrid on top and did the update to the phone... But I forgot to delete the vendor.xml file first. Now when I try to sync with BESx (running on my Exchange box), the synchronization hangs at 81% complete, with the Address Book, Certificate Summary Data, Email Filters, Email Settings, Memos, PIM Folder List, and Tasks all at 'Initializing'. Everything else shows 'Complete'. From the BESx side my current carrier is 'vodafone NL' instead of 'Verizon Wireless'. Is there any way to get back to the correct carrier, or is it something different that's screwing me up?
    If you used Shrink-a-OS that will delete the vendor file for you.
    05-20-10 12:39 PM
    I dont use hybrids but seems to me you can just re-wipe the phone and re-install after deleting vendor file...
    Possible, but wouldn't I need some way to get the old vendor.xml file back in order for it to turn back into a Verizon phone?

If you used Shrink-a-OS that will delete the vendor file for you.
    Nice to know ... now. :-)

My current plan is to go back to [shudder] .328 via the official load from Verizon, verify that I can get my BESx connection back online, then do the upgrades again. I have just been hoping someone will say 'oh, you only need to do this to get it back again'.
    05-20-10 03:36 PM
    The vendor.xml does NOT do what you describe. As a matter of fact, you can have a blank one and whatnot. The vendor file is just an xml instruction file of what is and isn't available for loading on the BB in terms of vendor OS support. All other options (like BBM and other app installs/availability) is controlled via other xml files in the loader directory.

Also, there is no way you're going to be able to load an OS on your handset that has a vendor file built for other carriers... or rather, has your own vendor id tag missing from the OS version for support (because this is really where the difference is in the vendor.xml file).
    05-20-10 03:41 PM
    Well, if it's not me forgetting to delete the vendor.xml file, what else could it be? I was really freaked out to see my 'current carrier' shown in BESx to be vodafone NL while my home carrier is Verizon. I'm just trying to figure out how to get the phone back synced with the server...
    05-20-10 08:30 PM
    In that case, try downgrading to just plain old .591 and see what happens.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-10 08:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD