Who would have thought all the way back in November that we would still be using the offical .75 os with nothing new. People always complement me when im showing it to them I'm hoping that it doesnt freeze or lag or anything. Accelorometer still buggy as **** with .109, media player still blows i just started using it recently and am really starting to regret recomending the phone to a friend to get. I love how i put 44 songs on my storm, they all play, then the next day there are only 22 songs then i do a batery pull then there are only 4 SONGs then i do ANOTHER ALL WHILE IM WALKING TO CLASS AND I LOOK LIKE AN 1diot messing WITH THE THING INSIDE MY POCKET(lol) and turns back on just when i get to class with 22 songs.... his bday is in like 2 weeks and hes gonna get one. really wish i could have gotten a bold >.<

sorry just had to get that off my chest
    03-16-09 06:57 PM
    Here come the suggestions!!!!!

1. If you're running the official OS: Update to the latest leaked OS!! It works wonders over the official!

2. If you're running a leaked OS: Downgrade to the official immediately! What were you thinking installing leaked software on your phone?! You can't expect it to run well!!

3. If those suggestions fail then it's obviously a problem with your phone!! Go to Verizon and return your phone immediately!!! Word on the streets is that you won't get a good Storm until you've done at least 3 exchanges!

Last edited by blueskyjunkie; 03-16-09 at 09:47 PM.
    03-16-09 09:19 PM

1. If you're running the official OS: Update to the latest leaked OS!! It works wonders over the official!

2. If you're running a leaked OS: Downgrade to the official immediately! What were you thinking installing leaked software on your phone?! You can expect it to run well!!

3. If those suggestions fail then it's obviously a problem with your phone!! Go to Verizon and return your phone immediately!!! Word on the streets is that you won't get a good Storm until you've done at least 3 exchanges!

I lol'd

03-16-09 09:43 PM
    Not the most recent, .114 sucks, do .109

2. If you're running a leaked OS: Downgrade to the official immediately! What were you thinking installing leaked software on your phone?! You can't expect it to run well!!
    Actually about half of the leaks work better than .75 even on it's BEST days unless you need stereo bluetooth.
    03-17-09 01:44 AM
    go .109! it sucks but its good, im on STORM 5 >.<
    03-17-09 02:44 AM
    Who would have thought all the way back in November that we would still be using the offical .75 os with nothing new.
    Pretty much anyone who trusts that Crucial knows what he's talking about. He's long said that the rapid release of .75 was unprecedented in BB history (recent anyway) and that it will probably be much longer before we see another official update.

People always complement me when im showing it to them I'm hoping that it doesnt freeze or lag or anything.
    So then don't buy a phone just so you can prove how big your e-***** is to other people. Buy one for what you need in a cell phone. If you buy a phone with the primary purpose of being able to show it off to other people to prove how cool you are, you deserve everything you get.

I've had a Storm since very shortly after launch, and it was only last week that I ever actually showed it off to someone. And it was more a case of someone I work with kind of got stuck with the job of supporting some manager's Storm, even though it wasn't in his job description. He was saying how no one else has one at work (it's mostly Curves as far as the eye can see) and it's hard to support something if you can't play with one. So I let him play with mine while I swapped out a hard drive for him. Then yesterday someone else who had a Storm walked into my office while I was using mine to input some data I'd need so I didn't accidentally leave a post-it note with an admin password on it somewhere where it shouldn't be. They just recently got theirs and wanted to tell me all about something they had figured out.

I think about what the average Jesus Phone owner is like, and try to act in the exact OPPOSITE way with regards to my phone. If someone asks, I'll show them my phone, but I don't go trying to make a giant spectacle of the fact that I own a Storm. It's not like I feel I'm special because I own a phone at least a half million other people own... In the United States alone.

Simple fact is, Blackberries may be supported virtually forever, but the updates don't just flow out of RIM. Consider yourself fortunate that you get updates at all. Head over to the HoFo LG Dare forums some time, and you'll hear plenty tales of woe about that phone which has had a grand total of one update in over a year... Last I checked anyway... And that update was far less impressive than .75 was for the Storm. Then there are the WinMo people, who are kind of at the mercy of whether or not Microsoft feels like fixing some particular bug in the WinMo OS or not. And they might only get one major update to a new OS for the duration of the phone's life. There are even some old Palm users who talk about how some old Palm phone got a grand total of ONE update in like 3 years, and the first go at the update ended up breaking a lot of phones.

You're complaining about non-issues when it comes to updates.
    03-17-09 08:53 AM
    Pretty much anyone who trusts that Crucial knows what he's talking about. He's long said that the rapid release of .75 was unprecedented in BB history (recent anyway) and that it will probably be much longer before we see another official update.

So then don't buy a phone just so you can prove how big your e-***** is to other people. Buy one for what you need in a cell phone. If you buy a phone with the primary purpose of being able to show it off to other people to prove how cool you are, you deserve everything you get.

I've had a Storm since very shortly after launch, and it was only last week that I ever actually showed it off to someone. And it was more a case of someone I work with kind of got stuck with the job of supporting some manager's Storm, even though it wasn't in his job description. He was saying how no one else has one at work (it's mostly Curves as far as the eye can see) and it's hard to support something if you can't play with one. So I let him play with mine while I swapped out a hard drive for him. Then yesterday someone else who had a Storm walked into my office while I was using mine to input some data I'd need so I didn't accidentally leave a post-it note with an admin password on it somewhere where it shouldn't be. They just recently got theirs and wanted to tell me all about something they had figured out.

I think about what the average Jesus Phone owner is like, and try to act in the exact OPPOSITE way with regards to my phone. If someone asks, I'll show them my phone, but I don't go trying to make a giant spectacle of the fact that I own a Storm. It's not like I feel I'm special because I own a phone at least a half million other people own... In the United States alone.

Simple fact is, Blackberries may be supported virtually forever, but the updates don't just flow out of RIM. Consider yourself fortunate that you get updates at all. Head over to the HoFo LG Dare forums some time, and you'll hear plenty tales of woe about that phone which has had a grand total of one update in over a year... Last I checked anyway... And that update was far less impressive than .75 was for the Storm. Then there are the WinMo people, who are kind of at the mercy of whether or not Microsoft feels like fixing some particular bug in the WinMo OS or not. And they might only get one major update to a new OS for the duration of the phone's life. There are even some old Palm users who talk about how some old Palm phone got a grand total of ONE update in like 3 years, and the first go at the update ended up breaking a lot of phones.

You're complaining about non-issues when it comes to updates.
    What an idiotic post. According to you, no one should complain about the lack of an official, stable OS for the Storm because they just don't usually put them out that quickly and you should be thankful they got .75 in our hands so fast. Even further you say we should be thankful we get an update at all since LG doesn't update the Dare?

What does ANY of that crap have to do with someone wanting an official, stable OS on a device that should have had one to start with? Who give a sh1t about LG's or WM devices? No one here choose to buy one of those.
    With your line of thinking, we should all just be thankful that RIM allowed us the privilege of buying their precious device whether it works properly or not.

And you go as far as putting down iPhone users yet the iPhone wasn't even mentioned? For the record, iPhone users are far past showing off their hardware devices. They have moved on to showing off the multitude of applications they have since they have become as impressive as the hardware. It's too bad that you can't say the same for the Storm because the hardware is quite nice on it as well. It just doesn't have an OS or apps to match.

And finally, the lack of a GC OS for this device is not a non-issue. I think most people would agree that it's the MAIN issue with the Storm.
    03-17-09 09:44 AM

You forgot one:

4. If you are on your 3rd Storm exchange and still having problems, you must be some kind of 1d10t that has never had a smart phone before or to dumb to figure out the OS.
    03-17-09 09:47 AM
    Some people have way too much time, the guys is just venting about his issues, well anyways... I agree with blueskyjunkie, you might want to get your phone exchanged, could be a hardware issue.
    03-17-09 09:58 AM
    This really does sound like a hardware issue to me. You probably should have it replaced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-09 10:17 AM
    Yeah, wow ... it is a rant ... in the rant forum ... I agree though, I hate it and I love it, but it's still what I would call the "bleeding edge" - there are problems with the Storm, and they'll be fixed eventually. It's unfortunate we don't have a completely perfect stable OS for it (which IMO "perfect" software is almost never actually achieved) ---- but heck, that's why we're on this forum, installing hybrid and beta OS's.

BlueSky, great response lol

Oh yeah, and why not - just go get a new one. See if it works, you really don't have anything to lose. I've seen strange problems go away with new phones, but I've also seen weird software issues that just don't get fixed.
    03-17-09 10:39 AM
    What an idiotic post. According to you, no one should complain about the lack of an official, stable OS for the Storm because they just don't usually put them out that quickly and you should be thankful they got .75 in our hands so fast. Even further you say we should be thankful we get an update at all since LG doesn't update the Dare?

What does ANY of that crap have to do with someone wanting an official, stable OS on a device that should have had one to start with? Who give a sh1t about LG's or WM devices? No one here choose to buy one of those.
    With your line of thinking, we should all just be thankful that RIM allowed us the privilege of buying their precious device whether it works properly or not.

And you go as far as putting down iPhone users yet the iPhone wasn't even mentioned? For the record, iPhone users are far past showing off their hardware devices. They have moved on to showing off the multitude of applications they have since they have become as impressive as the hardware. It's too bad that you can't say the same for the Storm because the hardware is quite nice on it as well. It just doesn't have an OS or apps to match.

And finally, the lack of a GC OS for this device is not a non-issue. I think most people would agree that it's the MAIN issue with the Storm.
    Evil, bigman is a BB noob. The Storm is his first BB so he doesn't understand a lot of things he says. He's only 4 months in.

I used to be at a loss of words for things he said but now it makes sense.

03-17-09 10:42 AM
    What an idiotic post.
    Couldn't agree more considering how badly you missed the point.

According to you, no one should complain about the lack of an official, stable OS for the Storm because they just don't usually put them out that quickly and you should be thankful they got .75 in our hands so fast.
    So what exactly is wrong with .65 and .75 if you want an "official, stable OS for the Storm"? Since you left out anything relating to performance, then both .65 and .75 satisfy your wants.

Even further you say we should be thankful we get an update at all since LG doesn't update the Dare?
    If you want to take what I said, twist and contort it into something completely unrecognizable from what I said... Then yes.

If you want something a bit closer to what I actually said... It would be to point out that some people have it worse. I mean, when you have the luxury of getting upset over your cell phone when there are people out there who actually DIE from things like diarrhea -- which we consider little more than an inconvenience -- I'd say you should maybe take a step back and consider just how fortunate you are.

What does ANY of that crap have to do with someone wanting an official, stable OS on a device that should have had one to start with?
    And so how is .65 and .75 now official or stable? Please cite some SPECIFIC examples.

Who give a sh1t about LG's or WM devices?
    People who own them.

No one here choose to buy one of those.
    So I just imagined all those Omnia threads?

Again... If you want to read between selected lines, and then further twist and contort that into something completely unrecognizable from what was actually said... Then sure, why not.

And you go as far as putting down iPhone users yet the iPhone wasn't even mentioned?
    See, there's this little literary technique called a comparison. Say it with me: Com... Pair... Eh... Son. It means pointing out similarities between two like things.

For the record, iPhone users are far past showing off their hardware devices. They have moved on to showing off the multitude of applications they have since they have become as impressive as the hardware.
    Same thing; different reason. And if apps that make farting noises is supposed to be indicative of the quality of the hardware... Color me less than impressed.

It's too bad that you can't say the same for the Storm because the hardware is quite nice on it as well. It just doesn't have an OS or apps to match.
    And it took Apple what, about two years to create the App Store? You could argue that after Apple raised the bar, it's up to others to rise to the challenge, but you'd be basing your argument on several incorrect assumptions. Most notably that the Storm is designed to be some kind of Jesus Phone killer.

And so what exactly makes "gold code" that much better than some of the leaked builds that work quite well for people? I'm reminded of a line from Tommy Boy, "If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I have spare time."

So seriously... If Verizon decided to make .109 the next official release, would that somehow make everything all better? Is there something magical, or mystical, about the official seal of approval from a carrier?

You keep blabbering on and on about "gold code" this and "gold code" that... And at no point do you show any signs of actually understanding what "gold code" is and, more importantly, what it isn't. You come off as one of those people who hears some new buzz word and then runs around trying to act like you're really smart by dropping said new buzz word into conversation as often as possible. You have an incomplete understanding of said buzz word, but that's not the point, the point is to prove how smart you are by using some new buzz word. And it probably works pretty well so long as no one else knows any more about said new buzz word, but it unravels pretty quickly the moment you run into someone like me who understands it better than you.

So... What exactly is it you expect the "gold code" to do? For that matter, what do you think gold code actually is? How about what it won't be? And finally... You do realize you're getting your blood pressure up over a CELL PHONE, right? Just stop for a minute and think how pathetic that makes you seem. It's like getting upset over a screwdriver. It might be a really nice screwdriver, but it's hardly the only screwdriver that can turn screws, now is it? And take a moment to think about just how fortunate you are that your cell phone is among the biggest problems in your life. Plenty of people would LOVE to trade positions with you.
    03-17-09 10:57 AM
    Evil, bigman is a BB noob. The Storm is his first BB so he doesn't understand a lot of things he says. He's only 4 months in.

I used to be at a loss of words for things he said but now it makes sense
    And why exactly should anyone take a troll seriously? Especially one who creates at least one alter ego just to agree with himself? I mean, since we're bringing up completely irrelevant details in an attempt at character assassination.
    03-17-09 11:00 AM
    It is really looking that .75 is as good as it gets. A hardware rev will probably be required to fix the Storms long list of problems.
    03-17-09 11:09 AM
    [I removed the image ...]

I am thinking of a quote from an Adam Sandler skit ... "Put up your dukes"

Sorry ... had to
    Last edited by pi_admin; 03-17-09 at 11:33 AM.
    03-17-09 11:10 AM
    @bigman1:
    I didn't miss the point. You are backpedalling.

If there was nothing wrong with .65 and .75, people would not be installing leaked OS's.

People dying of diseases have nothing to do with the Storm. No do other devices like the LG or WM devices. Yes, people dying of diarrhea is more serious than a cell phone. Thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious. Oh, and you should lay off the burritos or something.

There is no point in comparing the iPhone to the Storm. They are different devices with different OS's and on different carriers.

The fart apps are not the only apps available for the iPhone although Storm fanboys want to make you believe so. But since you brought it up, the fart app and the lightsaber where among the FIRST apps to hit the Storm. What does that say about the Storm??

It took Apple ONE year, not two to create the Apps Store. And even though it had a buggy OS at launch it was fixed quickly. Additionally, the first gen iPhone was the FIRST phone that Apple had ever released. Not perfect but not bad for their first year in the game. RIM has been at this for what, 10 to 12 years and they couldn't do any better than .75 for the Storm?

I have been in the programming/technology biz probably longer than you've been out of diapers and I know exactly what is meant by Gold Code. If you don't, i suggest you hit Wikipedia.

As far as getting all "worked up" as you accused me of doing, I suggest you go back and read your line by line rant of my last post. I don't need to get worked up because I am right. It's the person who is wrong that usually starts ranting.

You are dreaming if you think that .75 is stable. If it were, we wouldn't be seeing a couple of firmware leaks every month. We know it's not and RIM knows it's not. You are all alone on Fanboy Island if you think it is.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 03-17-09 at 11:23 AM.
    03-17-09 11:20 AM
    And why exactly should anyone take a troll seriously? .
    because I don't talk about people dying of diarhea in my post and trying to link it somehow to being grateful/fortunate?

I have heard of people suffering from diarhea of the mouth though......what did you eat last night?

03-17-09 11:38 AM

If there was nothing wrong with .65 and .75, people would not be installing leaked OS's.
    I seriously doubt that... ha ha....people love running the "newest latest leakiest" OS....

::runs back to safe place::
    03-17-09 12:34 PM
    media player still blows i just started using it recently and am really starting to regret recomending the phone to a friend to get. I love how i put 44 songs on my storm, they all play, then the next day there are only 22 songs then i do a batery pull then there are only 4 SONGs then i do ANOTHER ALL WHILE IM WALKING TO CLASS AND I LOOK LIKE AN 1diot messing WITH THE THING INSIDE MY POCKET(lol) and turns back on just when i get to class with 22 songs
    I have the same problem, but no need to do a battery pull. just open the battery door, pull out the sd card, and push it back in. the storm will re-read the files on the card and all the songs should show back up. still a little inconvenient, but much better than having to wait 5 minutes for it to reboot after a battery pull.
    03-17-09 12:51 PM
    I seriously doubt that... ha ha....people love running the "newest latest leakiest" OS....

::runs back to safe place::
    I agree with that. I should have said that if .65 or .75 were solid builds, people might not be so "willing" to put untested and leaky software on a device that most people so heavily depend on.
    03-17-09 01:45 PM
    @bigman1:
    I didn't miss the point. You are backpedalling.

People dying of diseases have nothing to do with the Storm. No do other devices like the LG or WM devices. Yes, people dying of diarrhea is more serious than a cell phone. Thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious. Oh, and you should lay off the burritos or something.

There is no point in comparing the iPhone to the Storm. They are different devices with different OS's and on different carriers.

The fart apps are not the only apps available for the iPhone although Storm fanboys want to make you believe so. But since you brought it up, the fart app and the lightsaber where among the FIRST apps to hit the Storm. What does that say about the Storm??

It took Apple ONE year, not two to create the Apps Store. And even though it had a buggy OS at launch it was fixed quickly. Additionally, the first gen iPhone was the FIRST phone that Apple had ever released. Not perfect but not bad for their first year in the game. RIM has been at this for what, 10 to 12 years and they couldn't do any better than .75 for the Storm?

I have been in the programming/technology biz probably longer than you've been out of diapers and I know exactly what is meant by Gold Code. If you don't, i suggest you hit Wikipedia.

As far as getting all "worked up" as you accused me of doing, I suggest you go back and read your line by line rant of my last post. I don't need to get worked up because I am right. It's the person who is wrong that usually starts ranting.

You are dreaming if you think that .75 is stable. If it were, we wouldn't be seeing a couple of firmware leaks every month. We know it's not and RIM knows it's not. You are all alone on Fanboy Island if you think it is.
    I did have a bit long post, but of course the network at work here has been flaky the past week or so, and it was eaten. Not really worth repeating, because anything I say you'll just read whatever you want between selected lines and then twist that into whatever it is you want it to say.

Suffice it to say you're a Neo-Luddite, I'm someone who figures the day I stop learning is the day I die. And CK is a troll, just to economize everything to one post.
    03-17-09 04:51 PM
    I did have a bit long post, but of course the network at work here has been flaky the past week or so, and it was eaten. Not really worth repeating, because anything I say you'll just read whatever you want between selected lines and then twist that into whatever it is you want it to say.

Suffice it to say you're a Neo-Luddite, I'm someone who figures the day I stop learning is the day I die. And CK is a troll, just to economize everything to one post.
    So instead of posting a well thought out retort that would help to make your point, you resorted to playground name calling? Nice job.
    03-17-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD