I understand where u are comeing from when it comes to editing text, its a right B***H to get it in the right place sometimes... But surely when it comes to selcting small hyperlinks on the web, u just tap the screen, touch the mouse cursor symbol and then use that to select the link u need?
    01-30-09 11:17 AM
    I want an infrared port to connect my Wiimote
    01-30-09 11:26 AM
    No, I don�t need a trackball, thx.
    01-30-09 11:28 AM
    I actually think that a track wheel where the volume toggle is would be stinking awesome, I would love that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 11:28 AM
    The reason I brought this idea up is getting to small areas on the storm screen is very difficult. I would like to get to a web page link without having to zoom in three times to get my finger on it. Also if you make a mistake in a email just using the track ball to get the curser where you want it would be much better than tapping the screen and trying to get it close. If not a track ball maybe some direction arrows to move the curser around the screen. Lets face it getting the curser to a small area is not very easy.
    Lots of times you can tap the screen to show a lower (horizontal) tool bar, the center tool of which is hand/pan and arrow/point. If you can change to the arrow, it can help. Be aware that all sites are different and the designers deliberately (in many cases) try to steer you where THEY want you to go. As a counter example, Reuters has quite small screen links and yet they are equally weighted and so you really can select the one you want quite easily.

Doctor Neutron
    01-30-09 11:34 AM
    Just a thought. I like most of the options on the storm and it is a ok device for Blackberry's first touchscreen device. I think working in the track ball to allow you to move the cursor around and click on small items would be great. Anyone else agree?
    RIM is likely considering this: you can continue to click the Storm's screen, BUT: why not just gently slide to where you want to go and then click this button ? May lower all the whining about the Storm Screen. Could do either operation or both. I put this idea out 2 months ago, not because of the clicking problem, but because of the migration problem from my 8830 to Storm. My comic efforts produced some of the most severe flaming in the annals of CBF !

Doctor Neutron
    01-30-09 11:43 AM
    ^^^^ I agree

Track Ball no...
    01-30-09 11:48 AM
    My comic efforts produced some of the most severe flaming in the annals of CBF !
    Hmm... I think that the last 48 hours of the RRB (Rant Rave Board) win hands down for the most severe flaming EVER on CB. ha ha..

But seriously, like I said, having a trackball or wheel is no different than having a mouse pad on a touch-screen laptop. The two input methods are NOT mutually exclusive and ADD to the functionality of the device.
    01-30-09 11:55 AM
    I would like to have an optional track-wheel. I kinda miss that from my older BBs... :-)
    01-30-09 12:28 PM
    optical finger mouse i agree like on the omnia would be ideal
    01-30-09 01:02 PM
    optical finger mouse i agree like on the omnia would be ideal
    Oh I disagree. After using the Omnia, it's definitely not an easy mechanism to operate. A track ball would have been great for navigation. Not so hot aesthetically
    01-30-09 01:04 PM
    From an ergonomics standpoint, a trackball at the bottom of the device would be hard to get to one handed. Though I guess if you had it in landscape mode it would be a bit more natural.
    01-30-09 01:50 PM
    Personally for me, i despise the trackball. When i first tried using it on a friends blackberry curve, i was shocked people could use it repeatedly when the detection on it doesnt seem to be that great. Personally i love the touchscreen and dont see the need for the trackball. Maybe it could be something verizon could package that would plug into the changing port for people who want it, but it definetly is not for me.
    01-30-09 02:06 PM
    Can I have the wheel back;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-09 02:09 PM
    Yes I LOVED the wheel on my 7290 & 8700! Bring back the wheel!!!!
    01-30-09 02:12 PM
    I'd like one too. It may be considered "taking a step back," but even having the wheel on the side of the phone somewhere so as not to detract from the aesthetics of the phone would be great. It would definitely make web browsing easier.
    01-30-09 02:15 PM
    No thanks, I'll take the touch screen over the trackball any day.
    01-30-09 02:15 PM
    Just a thought. I like most of the options on the storm and it is a ok device for Blackberry's first touchscreen device. I think working in the track ball to allow you to move the cursor around and click on small items would be great. Anyone else agree?

That's a great idea. The Samsung Omnia has a touchpad so you can use as a cursor when you need it instead of the touch screen. I had an Omnia for a while and used the touchpad to edit txts or emails or to change preferences on Windows.
    The touchpad is small unobstrusive and works very well. Too bad it was on a Samsung....
    01-30-09 02:48 PM
    I didn't buy a touchscreen phone to have a track ball.
    01-30-09 02:50 PM
    I want an infrared port to connect my Wiimote
    lol...

10char
    01-30-09 02:51 PM
    Am I the only one who uses the cursor on the browser to get to the smaller links? If you tap the screen once the soft keys appear at the bottom, one of those is a mouse cursor. If you use this there is a small mouse cursor that follows your inputs at an offset from your finger.
    01-30-09 03:06 PM
    i think a trackball would improve teh device greatly as it does not impede the screen and can be used for precise movements (cursor insertion) as well as for speed navigation scrolling.
    01-30-09 03:08 PM
    I would prefer a Crack Ball
    01-30-09 03:08 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD