ok guys here is what i think!
    Well after using my Storm all weekend, I have to say that I am glad I didn't sell my iphone. I am going back to using my iphone 3G. The storm is a cool device.

First, I did not like the fact that the Storm has a plastic screen where the iphone has a scratch resistant glass screen. Sometimes when you press the Storm's clickable touch screen too hard, you can actually see the liquid crystal smear. This never happens on the iphone due to the scratch resistant glass screen .

The clickable touch screen is just not my cup of tea. Typing and texting is kinda slow due to the clickable screen, as u must wait til the screen comes back up before you can hit another letter.

Also the iphone, is just overall faster than the storm in just about everything, in my opinion....... The Storm can get sluggish at times. Also when turning the storm horizontal and vertical, for portait and landscape modes, the transition is not as smooth as the iphone......

Another point, The iphone has a sensor that can detect when the phone is against your ear and it then shuts the screen down so you can't accidently press speaker or other buttons with your face and ear. The Storm does not have this so I was pressing speakerphone and mute all day in the middle of calls when the phone was against my ear.

Check out this review from cnet.com
    RIM BlackBerry Storm (Verizon Wireless) Smartphone reviews - CNET Reviews
    Last edited by Donta79; 11-24-08 at 10:33 AM.
    11-24-08 08:53 AM
    Can I have your stuffz?
    11-24-08 08:58 AM
    a... b... c-YA!
    11-24-08 09:02 AM
    quit comparing the iphone which has had numerous software revisions and plenty of time to adjust to the storm which is basically still on a beta OS

as for the screen, i noticed the LCD smears as well, i dont like it but its not the end of the world i suppose
    11-24-08 09:07 AM
    It actually does happen to the iPhone if you press really hard. But anyways, enjoy whatever you are happy with.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 09:08 AM
    how long has the iphone been out? I HOPE its smoother
    11-24-08 09:09 AM
    id say wait a week, and then decide. You can still get rid of it after that, you get 30 days
    11-24-08 09:09 AM
    quit comparing the iphone which has had numerous software revisions and plenty of time to adjust to the storm which is basically still on a beta OS
    It's funny how the table have turned. People didn't stop comparing the iPhone to blackberries and other developed smartphones when it first came out and iPhone users said the same thing.

11-24-08 09:12 AM
    It's funny how the table have turned. People didn't stop comparing the iPhone to blackberries and other developed smartphones when it first came out and iPhone users said the same thing.

What's even funnier is how iphone users are CONSTANTLY commenting in Storm websites.

Unhappy the junk iphone is being dethroned?

Feeling a bit inferior?
    11-24-08 09:20 AM
    Not to be overly rude or anything, but why is it every random person out there seems to think that we're all going to hang on their every word like this?

None of us care if you [everyone who feels like they need to post something like this] like the iPhone better and why. Seriously, just switch back to using the iPhone and leave it at that. If we wanted to hear your review of the phone, we would have asked you for it.

I do not understand why it is so many people seem so weak willed that they base the worth of something on how many other people believe the same way as they do. Why can't people simply be content knowing that THEY like it? The religious "faithful" have to go out and convert as many people as they can to their particular belief system as validation that it is the One True Religion(tm), and the same seems to apply even to something as trivial as cell phones. Never mind that even a weekend is hardly enough time to properly evaluate anything. You've got 30 days, I would think you could at least give it 2 weeks, since there's always a learning curve for new things.

So to everyone else thinking of posting their own little mini-review of the phone, please don't. Just go back to whatever phone you like better, and leave us out of it. If we want to know the reasons why, we'll ask you, otherwise assume we don't care.

And just to be clear, this wasn't directed solely at Donta79, it was aimed at everyone who feels compelled to clutter these boards, and others, with this pointless drivel. If you absolutely must write up your own review, put it on a personal blog or something, where only people interested will see it.
    11-24-08 09:30 AM
    I have no problems with u not liking the phone its ur preference. My thing is why everyone who dislikes the phone feels the need to compare it to the iphone. They each have their pluses and minuses but u guys gloss over the iphone's problems and only highlight the good. Yes the iphone has a glass screen that would be the reason why so many people return the phone with broken displays. The phone freezes and the change from portrait to landscape isn't always so smooth. I have nothing against the iphone I'm just tired of people comparing the two phones and concluding that the iphone is king without flaws. Just my two cents. Btw I can type on my keyboard almost as fast as I did on my curve and I'm sure with time as fast (hopefully) ;-)

11-24-08 09:33 AM
    What's even funnier is how iphone users are CONSTANTLY commenting in Storm websites.

Unhappy the junk iphone is being dethroned?

Feeling a bit inferior?
    Lol inferior? That's a joke. Having a certain phone doesn't make you better than someone. Its funny how you think that. And last time I checked, I can post wherever the **** I want. I would take my Bold or iPhone any day over the Storm. Get over yourself.

And dethroned? Not even close my friend.
    11-24-08 09:33 AM
    Not to be overly rude or anything, but why is it every random person out there seems to think that we're all going to hang on their every word like this?

None of us care if you [everyone who feels like they need to post something like this] like the iPhone better and why. Seriously, just switch back to using the iPhone and leave it at that. If we wanted to hear your review of the phone, we would have asked you for it.

I do not understand why it is so many people seem so weak willed that they base the worth of something on how many other people believe the same way as they do. Why can't people simply be content knowing that THEY like it? The religious "faithful" have to go out and convert as many people as they can to their particular belief system as validation that it is the One True Religion(tm), and the same seems to apply even to something as trivial as cell phones. Never mind that even a weekend is hardly enough time to properly evaluate anything. You've got 30 days, I would think you could at least give it 2 weeks, since there's always a learning curve for new things.

So to everyone else thinking of posting their own little mini-review of the phone, please don't. Just go back to whatever phone you like better, and leave us out of it. If we want to know the reasons why, we'll ask you, otherwise assume we don't care.

And just to be clear, this wasn't directed solely at Donta79, it was aimed at everyone who feels compelled to clutter these boards, and others, with this pointless drivel. If you absolutely must write up your own review, put it on a personal blog or something, where only people interested will see it.
    QFT!!!!!!!!
    11-24-08 09:35 AM
    First, I did not like the fact that the Storm has a plastic screen where the iphone has a scratch resistant glass screen.
    Actually... the Storm's screen is glass... this has been discussed on several different threads... ad nauseam... Here's one where the OP dropped his down a flight of concrete stairs and broke the screen... he confirmed that it IS glass (see post # 32)

Sometimes when you press the Storm's clickable touch screen too hard, you can actually see the liquid crystal smear.
    You're right... if you are seeing liquid crystal smear then you ARE pressing too hard. It only takes a gentle click.

The clickable touch screen is just not my cup of tea. Typing and texting is kinda slow due to the clickable screen, as u must wait til the screen comes back up before you can hit another letter. This may work for Jason, who never sends text messages but sucks for me cause i send/recieve hundreds of text messages a month. I can type and text much better and faster on both the 8700 Firm Blackberry and the iPhone maybe i am just a iphone guy though.........
    that's cool... nothing wrong with that... everyone is entitled to their opinion

Also the iphone, is just overall faster than the storm in just about everything, in my opinion....... The Storm can get sluggish at times. Also when turning the storm horizontal and vertical, for portait and landscape modes, the transition is not as smooth as the iphone......
    That's true too, but remember that the Storm is a brand new device and they released it with what some would consider beta software. Also there is a rumor that there is a maintenance release coming out today so you might want to wait and give it another chance (unless your dislike of the surepress technology mentioned above is a deal breaker for you... software won't change that)

Another point, The iphone has a sensor that can detect when the phone is against your ear and it then shuts the screen down so you can't accidently press speaker or other buttons with your face and ear. The Storm does not have this so I was pressing speakerphone and mute all day in the middle of calls when the phone was against my ear.
    Again... it sounds like you are pressing too hard... Are you holding the phone with your shoulder or something?
    I suspect that either the ambient light sensor or possibly the multi-touch screen could be used to accomplish something similar to what the iphone does. Maybe RIM or a third-party app can add this functionality.

I don't put a whole lot of stock in these reviews simply because they generally have so many other devices to review that they only spend about an hour with each one.
    11-24-08 10:03 AM
    ok guys here is what i think!
    Sometimes when you press the Storm's clickable touch screen too hard, you can actually see the liquid crystal smear. This never happens on the iphone due to the scratch resistant glass screen.
    All this really indicates is that maybe the iPhone uses thicker glass, or has an extra layer between the glass and LCD. Glass bends too (before it breaks). I suspect you'd have to press the Storm's LCD *very* hard to make it break though.
    11-24-08 10:10 AM
    ... where the iphone has a scratch resistant glass screen... ...This never happens on the iphone due to the scratch resistant glass screen...

The clickable touch screen is just not my cup of tea... ...sucks for me cause i send/recieve hundreds of text messages a month...

Also the iphone, is just overall faster than the storm in just about everything, in my opinion...

Check out this review from cnet.com
    1. Send me you iPhone, I'll show you through a video it sure as **** isn't scratch resistant because i'll just take sandpaper to it.

2. Woah! Hundreds of messages a month?!?! You're so popular, I wish I could be like you!

3. I would hope it would be faster. Rhetorical Question: How long has the iPhone been out? BB Storm? Ah point made once again.

4. You don't need to link us to reviews, we've seen them all through low-life iPhone fanatics, just like you, criticizing every aspect of a newly released phone.

Short and to the point, go be a forum troll somewhere else. If we wanted your highly scientific and analytical review of the BB Storm to the iPhone, we would've asked. Have a great day!
    11-24-08 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD