10-24-09 12:51 PM
46 12
tools
  1. onurcingilli's Avatar
    i m gonna pay retail price
    10-23-09 06:29 PM
  2. peakbagger3's Avatar
    I would, but the Storm 2 is going to cost as much as my rent at full retail. What's really sad is on the 28th I will be at my 31 day mark on the return policy. The rep i spoke to last night told me to turn in my Storm 1 and just wait a day and upgrade. i don't know if that's cheating the system or not, but that's what she told me do.
    I did my upgrade on Wednesday and I plan on returning it when the Storm 2 comes out. If the Storm 2 does not get released before November 19th, I will return the Storm, switch back to my Pearl and wait for the Storm 2 to be released.

    There is an outside chance that I may consider the Droid. My wife loves her Tour and we both like BB Messenger so we will most likely stick to BB. We also don't like the sliding keyboard feature.
    10-23-09 06:38 PM
  3. cheechoz818's Avatar
    Only if it's my last resort

    I have replaced my S1 5 times on record, and still my screen doesn't click right in the corners, so I'm hoping to get some kind of discount on the S2 like the rep told me i probably would
    10-23-09 06:41 PM
  4. Champer's Avatar
    It's almost worth it to open another line and cancel it on the 31st day. $179 for phone and $167 ETF (23 months left on a 24 month contract) so you can keep the phone. Then transfer the new line to your old number once cancelled. Then you get the phone with no contract for $346. Still a little pricey, but if you want one that bad it's better than paying full retail.
    you're forgetting the $20 activation and $40 for 1 month of extra data+phone
    10-23-09 06:42 PM
  5. bcurtiss's Avatar
    Only if it's my last resort

    I have replaced my S1 5 times on record, and still my screen doesn't click right in the corners, so I'm hoping to get some kind of discount on the S2 like the rep told me i probably would
    Verizon will require 3 replacements in 90 days as that is thier policy now, after that point Verizon will replace the phone with either a brand new out of the box phone (not a refurb) or a replacement phone such as the the Curve or the Storm 2 if its on the replcement list.
    10-23-09 06:50 PM
  6. Questore's Avatar
    I am going to do the one year contract to be ready when the storm 3 arrives on the scene..
    10-23-09 06:52 PM
  7. tech_head's Avatar
    Upgrade elgible now.
    Storm I goes to ebay.
    I have a plan that allows annual updates.
    10-23-09 07:36 PM
  8. jmfh's Avatar
    i'm considering paying full price, but i'm going to see if there is an upgrade on any of the plans we have first
    10-23-09 08:26 PM
  9. bearkat38's Avatar
    **** NO!!
    10-23-09 08:30 PM
  10. jlsparks's Avatar
    Got my 9530 on the first day, 11/21/08. Magically, my new annual upgrade date, as of today, is now 10/28/09. I can't preach it enough: treat the CSRs on the phone the way you want to be treated and good things happen
    10-23-09 08:34 PM
  11. myotherbrotherdarrell's Avatar
    That's the only way I can get it unless I add a new line - which would jack my bill up to about $140. Or maybe I'll get the Storm 2 on a second line and then just pay the ETF on the Motorola.
    But on the other hand...
    I an get a HTC Pure for $350 for my AT&T line or a Tilt 2 for $500 both without extending my contract...
    ...so...I dunno....

    On second thought if I get it at all I think I will almost definitely get it at full retail. If I'm understanding this correctly I can do that and then dump my Motorola without paying an ETF. And I'm not gonna get it unless I'm sure. Trying & returning phones is too expensive with Verizon. I'm tired of paying a full month's bill on a phone I used for A couple of days and then sent back 'cause it sucked.
    Last edited by myotherbrotherdarrell; 10-23-09 at 09:16 PM.
    10-23-09 09:13 PM
  12. Nendroidz's Avatar
    naaaaaa, i am really going to need a good phone so i will get it on contract but will buy the iphone full retail price because i will use it for fun
    10-23-09 10:09 PM
  13. theanswer3's Avatar
    Yeah I am lucky we have 4 lines one eligible for upgrade, will use that for one storm2 then will sell 2 Tours I am replacing with Storm2s to pay for the other one because my wife wants one too.
    Last edited by theanswer3; 10-23-09 at 11:59 PM.
    10-23-09 11:52 PM
  14. cdunn05's Avatar
    I shall not pay full price. I will get my Storm2 at the 2 year price WITHOUT a MIR and without using any unethical methods.
    10-24-09 12:12 AM
  15. HardcorePooka's Avatar
    I won't be buying it at all. Won mine in a lovely little contest... so I won't get it on launch day, but hopefully shortly thereafter.
    10-24-09 01:17 AM
  16. bboz's Avatar
    not me, I keep myself 1 to 2 years behind the curve, and glean a good condition used device for cheap.
    10-24-09 03:19 AM
  17. DMR6186's Avatar
    No way am I paying that much for a phone. 2 year contract, MIR, and NE2. That'll knock the price down enough I'd think

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 09:39 AM
  18. decimate.the.weak's Avatar
    Gotta have it i'll see if i can upgrade but if I must then I must
    10-24-09 10:01 AM
  19. Forest007's Avatar
    you're forgetting the $20 activation and $40 for 1 month of extra data+phone
    Actually some people get free activation with company discount plans. Also, the data plan charge can be avoided if u have a spare regular phone laying around that can be activated on the line immediately after you do the initial activating of the new phone. The regular phone can remain activated until the 30 day trial period is up. You would have to pay the 9.99 charge for the extra line and maybe a prorated charge for 1 day on the cheaper 29.99 data plan.
    10-24-09 11:23 AM
  20. leesygreesy's Avatar
    Well... For Anyone That's Going To Pay Retail, I Have 2 Lines Available For Upgrade... I Will Get The Storm2 Bogo And Then Sell Them On Ebay For $470. I Want The Droid =d
    10-24-09 11:30 AM
  21. aguiar0016's Avatar
    I got the S1 on release day and the only thing I may be eligible for is 1yr upgrade. I won't pay full retail but anything else i'm in.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-24-09 12:51 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD