the only thing i can desire now is pretty much not available on any phone available on the market. if they could take the blackberry function, and add the ability to have apps run from memory card then i'd be in heaven! the memory issues are the only problems i've really had...and that's the apps problem, not the phones.
    My biggest gripe is the random reboots. Even though it does it on very rare occasions (probably two or three per month average) no phone should do that. It drives me up a wall.

I knew Blackberry App World would run into this problem but many of the apps aren't designed with the Storm in mind which is a shame because the hardware is capable of some slick stuff (it'd make more sense for developers to keep folks with the trackball Blackberries in mind because...you know....there's more of them out there than Storms...). It kinda sucks to find an app you think sounds interesting, only to check the reviews to see that some poor soul already paid x dollars for the app and found that it doesn't jive well with the Storm.

Do I hate the Storm? Of course not, I enjoy Blackberries and have always loved their ability to multi-task...that and the fact that Blackberries have always worked well with the Bluetooth stack in my car (a big deal to me personally). I'm not one to think the iPhone is a perfect device either. I've used the iPhone quite frequently and have had it lag/freeze on me on a few occasions. I'm not a picky guy but I'm also not one to think any device is perfect (**** I've found things about a Bentley that I thought left a lot to be desired...if you think using the OS in a Storm can be testing...try using a navi interface in a Bentley Flying Spur/Continental GT, I'm confident it runs off MS DOS).

...don't get the wrong impression...I don't own a Bentley.
    06-01-09 10:12 PM
    My biggest gripe is the random reboots. Even though it does it on very rare occasions (probably two or three per month average) no phone should do that. It drives me up a wall.

I knew Blackberry App World would run into this problem but many of the apps aren't designed with the Storm in mind which is a shame because the hardware is capable of some slick stuff (it'd make more sense for developers to keep folks with the trackball Blackberries in mind because...you know....there's more of them out there than Storms...). It kinda sucks to find an app you think sounds interesting, only to check the reviews to see that some poor soul already paid x dollars for the app and found that it doesn't jive well with the Storm.

Do I hate the Storm? Of course not, I enjoy Blackberries and have always loved their ability to multi-task...that and the fact that Blackberries have always worked well with the Bluetooth stack in my car (a big deal to me personally). I'm not one to think the iPhone is a perfect device either. I've used the iPhone quite frequently and have had it lag/freeze on me on a few occasions. I'm not a picky guy but I'm also not one to think any device is perfect (**** I've found things about a Bentley that I thought left a lot to be desired...if you think using the OS in a Storm can be testing...try using a navi interface in a Bentley Flying Spur/Continental GT, I'm confident it runs off MS DOS).

...don't get the wrong impression...I don't own a Bentley.
    I like the way you input feedback, you give constructive criticism that isn't found in most places or by many people.

After the update, the speed increase overall across the whole platform and especially in the Camera, and Browser was a big win for me. Now the only thing left to try is the battery life, I've heard worse and better, whatever keeps the thing charged past 4:00pm and till the end of the day is fine with me.
    Last edited by Dekkon; 06-01-09 at 10:38 PM.
    06-01-09 10:32 PM
    My biggest gripe is the random reboots.
    what OS are you running? i've had like 3 reboots in as many months i think...
    06-01-09 10:54 PM
    the storm is hands down the best bberry ever!!
    06-01-09 10:56 PM
    easy there, sport!
    06-01-09 10:58 PM
    Man my storm was sweet before..
    But now jeeeeeez its awesome.
    I looove how much quicker everything is!
    Portrait QWERTY? Awesome!
    BB 4 life!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 11:34 PM
    i can say i do love my blackberry storm dont go nowhere without it
    06-02-09 12:10 AM
    what OS are you running? i've had like 3 reboots in as many months i think...
    .148, I've had that running for a while. The OS isn't the first OS to cause me to have random reboots.
    06-02-09 10:01 AM
    I have to say that I was really happy before on .75 (after I downloaded quick pull and had it set
    To reset every morning) but know on the new OS, WOW is all I can say. I am glad I was patient...

Man my blackberry storm is off the hook I upgraded my phone software from slow .75 to fast .141 now I'm on the official .148 and the phone is hot and the camera shots have no delay I love it.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 10:48 AM
    .148, I've had that running for a while. The OS isn't the first OS to cause me to have random reboots.
    then it's either a botched core app install (like BBM, etc...) or a 3rd party app that's causing the reboots. .148 has an enhancement to directly resolve the stability issues with .75. check the change logs.
    06-02-09 12:25 PM
    then it's either a botched core app install (like BBM, etc...) or a 3rd party app that's causing the reboots. .148 has an enhancement to directly resolve the stability issues with .75. check the change logs.
    Yeah I know so I thought it was weird.

Only thing I can think of, is wiping my phone entirely and installing the next leaked OS.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 06-02-09 at 12:30 PM.
    06-02-09 12:27 PM
    if you want help email me and i'll chat ya through it and make sure we set the settings the same way i have so we can rule out user error and that sort of stuff...use my settings sort of as a control for comparison of results.
    06-02-09 12:32 PM
    Really love the fact that it's snappier now, but I'm bummed that I had two dropped calls last nite.
    I have found that the call quality is not the greatest either. I have not made enough calls though to determine whether it is really the OS or just bad signal on the couple calls I've made...

Will let you know...
    06-03-09 01:25 PM
    Need some advice...new to the BB world with my Storm (which I love) but tried the upgrade the other night and it deleted everything including contacts...what did I do wrong? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
    06-03-09 02:00 PM
    I,m definitly loving it more now with the update and the dust free screen!!!!!!!
    06-03-09 02:04 PM
    i love mine specially with the new upgrade, fixed a lot of issues
    06-03-09 02:16 PM
    Man I'm loving mines even more now, let see how many come back to the storm.
    06-03-09 02:43 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD