05-20-09 03:47 PM
37 12
tools
    Have you ever tried an upgrade? I guarantee anything past .113 will blow the doors off .75.

I felt the same way you did, didn't want to upgrade, felt Storm worked good specially with quickpull, but things like the keyboard lag, camera, and features like cut and paste just make it such a better phone.

It wasn't that Storm was bad at .75. It's just better with leaked OS.

I'm currently running .122 and I'm waiting to see what people say about .148. I felt the enthusiasm over .132 was a classic case of drinking the cool aid. Still, that was way better then .75. We will see about .148.
    Keyboard lag and camera were the primary reasons for me to even consider upgrading to a leaked OS. What bugs me is that while I don't post a lot here, I read a LOT - and I've found that mileage does indeed vary with each users results from leaks, which puts on the brakes to my interest in installing.

Now, with the color banding issue, I'm set even further from having the desire to download an upgrade (leak, or future official) because the color/display quality of the screen was one of the selling points.
    05-20-09 10:37 AM
    Wow same here and I use mine a lot on this site and. Texting and major is service I get it where a lot dont

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    BAhAHHAH I had to post about this.....okay this is why we don't use .75 with the major typing lag and crappy browser (compared to .148)..... I don't even know what the kid is trying to say.
    05-20-09 10:48 AM
    You will find that this conversation will only lead to ppl begging you to try a leak anyway, nomatter how good you say .75 works on your phone. They've had horrible experiences with it, so unfortunately ppl tend to get tunnel vision and won't believe you. They're still gonna suggest you download a leak, nomatter how satisfied you tell them you are. Trust me.

By the way: Still lovin my Storm to death AND .75. No random reboots, no clock of death, and my phone is very snappy. Plus I'm a HEAVY user and also have close to 30 apps/games. OS .75 doesnt work great on all phones, neither do the leaks. I guess we just got off lucky. Glad ur still enjoying it...sucks hearing ppl complain about the Storm all the time. Some of us actually do love the phone!
    Wow....it's so hard to believe that....got any screen shots?
    05-20-09 10:50 AM
    .75 here!!! QuickPull installed, and, honestly, no reboots/crashes. It may not be lightning fast, but it's fine for me. Good signal coverage is far more important to me.
    I get better signal strength with 141 than 75. I had two to three bars. Now I am almost always four or five even in my office.

05-20-09 10:53 AM
    Well as of now I use it major and no problems I might not upgrade from all I read

This is like saying you have a large tumor in your brain, but you are not dead, so therefore it is not affecting you.... There is a saying that says you do not know what you know until you know what you dont know. Until you have tried an upgrade, you dont know what you are missing...So if you have tried an upgrade and still prefer .75, then you are just stupid. If you have not tried an upgrade and just prefer .75, then you are ignorant
    05-20-09 11:13 AM
    Have you ever tried an upgrade? I guarantee anything past .113 will blow the doors off .75.

I felt the same way you did, didn't want to upgrade, felt Storm worked good specially with quickpull, but things like the keyboard lag, camera, and features like cut and paste just make it such a better phone.

It wasn't that Storm was bad at .75. It's just better with leaked OS.

I'm currently running .122 and I'm waiting to see what people say about .148. I felt the enthusiasm over .132 was a classic case of drinking the cool aid. Still, that was way better then .75. We will see about .148.
    Naw, I havent. But thanks for askin man. This leak game never ends, and I personally feel like its the reason for a lot of ppl's complaints about the Storm. If you give yourself the chance to appreciate somethin without jumpin at the next thing just because its the next thing, you'll notice a HUGE difference in your satisfaction. People who download leaks are never fully satisfied with it and are always "just waitin for the next leak." If the leaks are workin so great, why not stick wit it, ya know?

I come here everyday just to learn new stuff and to teach other's new stuff. Some ppl just come here to see if there's a new leak because they're tired of the one they just got a few days ago. Then they call Crackberry boring. Thanks to Youtube I've seen videos of all the leaks since day 1, and I can honestly tell you they're no faster than what my phone is now. Plus the trade off of the negatives dont really work out for me. I dont notice the issues in .75 because I dont really use those features much (ex. camera), ya know? I may notice some of the issues in the leaks, as I may use those features more.

May find the need to upgrade to a leak someday. But for now im good. I appreciate ur suggestion tho. But when you can watch a video of a leaked OS on youtube you dont necessarily have to download it to see how it is.
    Last edited by shaydakiss23; 05-20-09 at 11:53 AM.
    05-20-09 11:20 AM
    I have only had my storm for a few months and really like it. I also started off with .75 and was happy with that. But I was ready the reviews on .132 and how it was, I decided to download it. I am glad that I have downloaded it. I think either .75 worked well for me and .132 is a good os as well.
    05-20-09 11:54 AM
    I've been running .75 since Feb and it runs ok for the most part. The part that really sucks is when I try to use the phone and it decieds to reboot, or use the camara and have to wait. My wifes Iphone camara blows this one away on .75. I've attempted to upgrade on my office pc a couple of times but there is somthing conflicting and has bricked it twice. Thankfully my laptop has been able to restore it. I may try to use the laptop to upgrade next time.
    05-20-09 12:10 PM
    I've been running .75 since Feb and it runs ok for the most part. The part that really sucks is when I try to use the phone and it decieds to reboot, or use the camara and have to wait. My wifes Iphone camara blows this one away on .75. I've attempted to upgrade on my office pc a couple of times but there is somthing conflicting and has bricked it twice. Thankfully my laptop has been able to restore it. I may try to use the laptop to upgrade next time.
    Yea, as someone who hasnt had that reboot issue, I'd say it's DEFINITELY worth it for you to try a leak. If I were having the same issues I'da been on one a long time ago. Hopefully it works on ur laptop!
    05-20-09 12:13 PM
    I was fine on .75 for a long time. Never had any issues really. I finally got tired of waiting for a release from Verizon and upgraded to .141 and the overall interface is a lot faster than before. No big difference with browsing but I already had a pretty fast speed there. I'm very pleased with the update.
    05-20-09 02:32 PM
    Just back after a 2 week hiatus on vacation and purposely avoiding emails, etc. Still on .75 because it works for me and is stable. Waiting for official release but may be tempted to try some leak in the near future.
    I agree. I am already researching how to perform an upgrade. So if there is no upgrade by end of June I am going to do it myself.

After reading up on all the threads it seems pretty easy to do so i might just do it now, I can always downgrade back to .75 OS
    05-20-09 03:44 PM
    Get bent, upload a leak already
    05-20-09 03:47 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD