With all the talk over the weekend for the motorola droid who is thinking of dumping there blackberry for it.

After looking at a ton of information on the droid I going to drop my blackberry for it unless the storm 2 just kicks the droids teeth in.

What is everyones thought on this new phone?
    10-18-09 09:27 PM
    Im not dropping BB. I will take a look at the Droid when it comes out but Im still getting the storm2
    10-18-09 09:37 PM
    If the Droid has Flash support, which is widely rumored, it might be hard to say no to.
    10-18-09 10:11 PM
    I'm in the highly-likely-but-will-wait-for-a-hands-on-demo-to-make-up-my-mind category.

On paper, Droid seems like a great phone. If it has good reception, good call quality, solid manufacturing, and flash support, then I'm jumping ship.
    10-18-09 10:26 PM
    That's definitely looking like a pretty device, I will take a strong look at it!
    10-18-09 10:27 PM
    I'm in the highly-likely-but-will-wait-for-a-hands-on-demo-to-make-up-my-mind category.

On paper, Droid seems like a great phone. If it has good reception, good call quality, solid manufacturing, and flash support, then I'm jumping ship.
    agree with this statement 100%
    10-18-09 10:39 PM
    Not me. Staying with my Tour. My next BB will be the Tour replacement.
    10-18-09 11:43 PM
    Motorola Droid hands on! : Boy Genius Report

while not really to in depth i am not really impressed either. S2 still would be my choice for upgrade.

HTC i think has a good potential to steal the show right now
    10-19-09 12:38 AM
    I have to check it out first. Specs I've found look good, but the design is a bit, um, boring. The only thing I still haven't found out is if it is only CDMA or if it has world phone capabilities like the Storm. That may be a deciding factor for me. I'm definitely digging the large HD screen!
    10-19-09 12:45 AM
    [url=http://bgr.com/2009/10/19/motorola-droid-hands-on/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A+TheBoyGeniusReport+%28BGR+%7C+Boy+Genius +Report%29]S2 still would be my choice for upgrade.
    You've got courage man!
    10-19-09 01:00 AM
    I'm prolly gonna go android until either:
    A) new berry browser/new OS source for berry
    B) LTE

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-09 01:22 AM
    Don't get me wrong I love my storm but the droid looks to be very strong. I agree the phone itself is a little boring. I'll take a boring looking phone for a rocking OS.

The Storm 2 looks strong but lets be honest all we did was change the way the screen works which is great but that is it. It gets 5.0 but storm 1 has that if you are running a leak. Plus we beefed up the memory in order to hang with the tour.

I think the droid will have a great OS and after looking at the apps for it I think it beats BB in that too.
    10-19-09 06:02 AM
    I'll be jumping ship. It has to be a lot better than the Storm.
    10-19-09 06:30 AM
    I have to check it out first. Specs I've found look good, but the design is a bit, um, boring. The only thing I still haven't found out is if it is only CDMA or if it has world phone capabilities like the Storm. That may be a deciding factor for me. I'm definitely digging the large HD screen!
    Most of the pictures at BGR show a "3G" indicator at the top of the display. That may simply be how Android indicates a 1XEV connection, though . . .
    10-19-09 06:42 AM
    all new VZW phones starting with the odin will show 3G icon instead of 1XEV...this is going forward, i'm not sure how this will work going backwards for older devices...most likely will focus on getting this laundry list of devices out first, then worry about backwards updating some devices, or just have people upgrade and not worry about old devices...

but don't let the display sway you on where it's going, look for branding and splash screens for that info...but even they can be altered...so don't read into stuff too much...device radio specs are a good way to see where it's going...
    10-19-09 03:03 PM
    I'm definitely looking at the Droid vs S2. I think the Droid looks ugly lol, so I would buy for specs, actual performance and Android's potential. Another variable is LTE roll out, and whether its better to wait for LTE phones.
    10-19-09 05:58 PM
    The droid seems awesome and after extensive android use id be sold on it if I still had vzw but alas there hero/mytouch is the best gsm android device until this dragon shows up.

It's would be a serious toss up between that phone or a pre though.

10-19-09 06:07 PM
    MAN-droid FTW!!!
    10-19-09 06:13 PM
    As long as vzw doesn't cripple the droid then I think the droid can be much bigger than the storm. I'm looking forward to Nov to see how this phone is going to stack up.
    10-19-09 07:39 PM
    Its got me thinking... I have the S1. S2 isn't very compelling to me. I'm ready for a new OS - and looks like BB's are getting left in the dust.

10-19-09 08:26 PM
    Either Droid or N900. Not sure which one I want, but I'm sure I don't want this Tour any longer.
    10-19-09 08:42 PM
    Most likely will jump to droid, or something else next year and I won't feel bad about not looking back.

10-19-09 09:17 PM
    Yeah...it is amazing how old the Droid and Hero make the storm OS look. Has anyone seen anything about email support? Will it have push email? Wifi?

10-19-09 09:26 PM
    email = active sync

wifi = yes

camera = 5mp on HTC, idk about the moto one yet...
    10-19-09 09:29 PM
    I'm definatley interested in the Android phones. I checked out the HTC Hero from Sprint and am quite impressed, except for the trackball- not a fan of that at all. The Hero was FAST and VERY responsive. It did have a short lag when going from portrait to landscape, but not any worse than what my Storm had. The UI was very intuitive and flowed well. I have seen some reviews on the Motorola Droid, which looks great, but has a slide out keyboard, and thats definatley a deal breaker for me. If Motorola put out the "Sholes Tablet" (Droid without physical keyboard), I'd get it the day it came out. I've had many Motorola phones in the past and have never had a problem with any of them.

Since my Storm killed itself last Thursday and is completely shot, I am definatley looking for something fast. Now I have to decide if there is a full touch screen (no slide out keyboard) Android on the market now or coming out soon, or if I will be picking up an iPhone 3GS.

From what I've seen in the current Android phones that are on the market, and what I've read about that is due to hit in the next 5-6 months, RIM is going to get kicked in the pants hard! Their days of going with what works and not changing things up to meet consumer demand is not going to work for much longer. These Android phones are fast and have a great user interface, with some of the features that bb owners like- removable memory, replaceable battery, cameras with flashes, etc...
    Last edited by 0837S; 10-19-09 at 09:59 PM.
    10-19-09 09:56 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD