How are they working, I'm expecting one tomorrow, since I had to send my original one back after 2 months, for dust issues. I am wondering how people's experiences are with them?
    Last edited by jelp2; 02-10-09 at 07:08 PM.
    02-10-09 06:39 PM
    How are they working, I'm expecting one tomorrow, since I had to send my original one back after 2 months, for dust issues. I am wondering how people's experiences are with them?
    i got mine replaced by verizon this week and im not sure if it is new or refurbed. it has no fingerprints on it anywhere even under the battery cover, the screen click is amazing compared to my old one. the corners dont have to be mashed down to click anymore. and there is platic all over it. blue on the back of it. i havent powered it on yet as i am waiting for my otterbox case to get here to prvent the dust from getting under there again. (which is why i had it replaced) im surious if the others who had theirs replaced lhad their new one come like this with all this plastic.

once i power it on tomorrow when my case gets here ill let you know more about functionality.
    02-11-09 12:26 PM
    I am on my third storm from verizon, each time it came in a brown, unmarked box. It also had a battery cover and plastic covering the screen, battery cover, and above and below the screen. It was a Refurb both times.

My first one had software issues, my second had dust and clicking issues. My third (Recieved late January) is flawless. Im not sure if it is chance or if they are different but I can definitely tell a difference.

My guess is that yours is a refurb. Unless you received a new box with it.
    02-11-09 12:50 PM
    I am on my third storm from verizon, each time it came in a brown, unmarked box. It also had a battery cover and plastic covering the screen, battery cover, and above and below the screen. It was a Refurb both times.

My first one had software issues, my second had dust and clicking issues. My third (Recieved late January) is flawless. Im not sure if it is chance or if they are different but I can definitely tell a difference.

My guess is that yours is a refurb. Unless you received a new box with it.
    no new box, it was "Taped" to the inside of the box with a plastic wrap. like cling wrap for food storage. i have yet to turn it on, i hope it doesnt have problems with it.
    02-11-09 12:58 PM
    I'm on my third Storm (this one is a refurb)

Refurbs come in a white box with NO Battery or Battery cover. If it comes in the original box it is a new Storm.

My first Storm (first day purchase) had multiple issues so I'm pretty sure it was just a bad one off the line. The second (brand new) was requested within the first 30 days so I recieved a brand new phone, again issues with bottom corner of screen not clicking.

Now I have a refurb, this is the best one yet, still minor issues but I will live with them until I think they have all the bugs worked out and then take this one back also.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the refurb as it doesn't have all the issues that the others had.
    02-11-09 01:39 PM
    no new box, it was "Taped" to the inside of the box with a plastic wrap. like cling wrap for food storage. i have yet to turn it on, i hope it doesnt have problems with it.

My replacement was just like that, but I think it was essentially a new phone - what they are call field replacement units. I don't think the phone has been out long enough yet to give them enough time repair and re-release all of the old units, so I think they might just be packaging new ones like that.

Don't know for sure and if they are still doing it. Mine didn't have a scratch or blemish anywhere on it, had .75 installed, and had a much better click.
    02-11-09 01:40 PM
    So it says on this website I'm a nube, and I am when it pertains to Crackberry.com. As technology goes and research i do an extensive amount, reading forums from many different sources about many different products, as I know many of you have.

Now I want to let you in on a little shadiness from Verizon on replacement phones. All i can do is let you know from experience and go from there.

As of right now I am still in my first month worry free guarantee period. I first bought the samsung OMNIA and it was horrid...WINMO please. Give me a break. We all know this but I thought I would strengthen the points.

Then I decided to try the Storm out. First Smartphone. First Blackberry.

Even though its a first for everything I demand a lot out of a piece of technology.

Now as of right now I am in possession of my 5th Storm.

1st One: New from Retail ( Bad left corner click. I refuse to doctor my phone to make it work. I want it to work out of the box. Period. If not. Peace out Storm.)

2nd One: Went into retail store 6 days later. Talked to some B**** that was supposed to be Tech Services. Please. Have a yoo hoo and sit down. She told me that she can't open up a new box and switch it out. She has to order a new one. Then I find out from another verizon store that Indeed she was supposed to give me a new one but was on orders from her Store Manager not to do so. Funny. Went back....ohhh too bad we already ordered you one, its a non-reversible process, you'll have to wait for the fed ex. FINE!!!!!!!

Had to rearrange my whole day because....you can't schedule to pick it up from fed ex, they have to deliver it out because they have a Strict policy with Verizon that they must attempt a first delivery. ( what a bunch of garbage ) Shady.

Got the new one. IN A NEW RETAIL BOX. Click fixed but it seemed a little loose, the power button was a little loose and the click screen all though clicked it was way to hard to click dead in the middle. Ehhh. I want a better one.

3rd One: Called Verizon. Bs. Bs. Bs. Sorry about that we will send you a new one. cx service one the phone is amazing. In store Horrid. New one comes. Its alone. Brown Boxed. no batt. No MD Card.

** Please note this phone looked new but I was skeptical. I knew about a few different sub model numbers floating around and was wondering if the hype was true. My first two storms. (retail boxes) we 19004 or something like that. This 3rd one was 21006 or something like that. WHOA. I got a hot one. I expected.

***Also Please note. At this time I had THREE storms in my possession. Pretty crazy. So now I can side by side compare.

This 3rd one the main screen buttons and banners were brownish and the contract or clarity or something wasn't as perfect as the first two. WOW. I was saying to myself. The click is amazing. The buttons stay on but the screen is suck a$$.

4th One: Called Verizon. After hearing this story, he tired to help me out. He called my retail store personally. Then called me back. He instructed them to open up a box and give me a new one right then and there. HAHA that b**** was the same one who rang me up and told me that she couldn't do it.... RIGHT in her eye.

So after checking out, click, buttons, response for a minute I deemed it was worth it taking it home.

GUESS What....19004. Weird. Seems the retail boxes are like actual storms and the others are made out of sub par res screens.

This one still has some problems with the click dead in the center being way to hard compared to the outside edges. Typing there is a dream, dead in the middle...not so hot...and clunky. A little more noisy. The power (red button) also was a little week in the hinges. So I was like......should I try again......sure...Im still in my first month. Give it a shot.

5th One: Called Verizon. I refused to go back to the retail store. Delivery me out a new one. I stressed that it better be a new one. I even said that my old exchanges came in a brown box and that is unsatisfactory. I didn't buy my storm in a brown box. He assured me that it would be new. Brand New.

So it arrives. You guessed it. Same problem with the OLD brown box shipped Storm. Brown not so hot, crappy screen color. Coincidence? I dont think so. I check the Sub Model in the battery bay. its like 24003 or something similar. NOT 19004 like the retails that I received.

MY Conclusion and Decision: I don't think I will get a perfect Storm. I think I can deal with a hard middle click and a weak red power button.

The brown boxed Storms did have more solid fluid click and buttons all around but the screen sucked. I'm telling you. Side by Side, same contract, Zero auto dim, same picture downloaded from the same website. Trust me its Fed up.

But i thought many could use this information on REFURB, the sub model numbers, Verizon's return process, RETAIL AND PHONE Customer service, or anything else that you can get out of it.

My recommendation: Do not go for a brown box if you can help it. If you do get one, compare it to a retail stores verizon storm. Remember same contract zero dim. Check the touch screens visual button color, it's very strange.

I do think the sub model numbers do matter, its like a different part is used, or a different machine to manufacture.

I know I know I know. What a rant.

I was going to make a entirely new post and I might copy and paste it to one later. I was lazy and wasn't going to write and write but here it is. If you care, let me know what you think.
    02-11-09 02:52 PM
    im on my third and they come in "LIKE NEW" thats how they are stated. I had my 3rd one now for about a week seems to be good no problems here.(Yet )
    02-11-09 02:54 PM
    This is my third Storm and its refurb or whatever they call it. Works fairly well. Sometimes the screen is very slow to respond though
    02-11-09 03:26 PM
    I hope many people read this post.....
    Not even gonna try, brother!

Wanna know if it's new or a refurb?

Search is your friend: http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/ru...erizon-128050/
    02-11-09 03:31 PM
    I just received a LIKE NEW phone, came wrapped in plastic, no battery or memory card. screen was scratched like someone took a key to it. When a took it to the version store the tech removed what turned out to be the final plastic layer leaving the glass exposed and told me to get a screen protector.
    02-11-09 03:35 PM
    My first two were new, nothing but problems. The refurbished one I got last has been pretty guud...so far!
    02-11-09 03:35 PM
    I just received a LIKE NEW phone, came wrapped in plastic, no battery or memory card. screen was scratched like someone took a key to it. When a took it to the version store the tech removed what turned out to be the final plastic layer leaving the glass exposed and told me to get a screen protector.
    02-11-09 03:36 PM
    I am waiting for my 3rd storm to come in the second was a refubished unit.Worked pretty well only lasted 2 1/2 weeks the entire screen stopped clicking and could not use the touchscreen anymore.
    02-11-09 03:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD