05-20-09 02:44 PM
70 123
tools
    Luckily this is a hefty durable device and i had my silicone case on it. Last monday was the first time i ever dropped my phone. I was at work listening to music and i was clocking out and as i was taking the phone out, the customer hit my arm, supposedly by accident (noticed she had the an iphone and her husband had the bold), and the cord from the headset got raveled arund my arm and finally disconnected from the storm. im not a phsics major, but that bad boy had momentum on it and went flying onto the marble floor. im 6'4" and i yelped, i never did that in my life until then. Needless to say, not a dent, scratch, or any kind of flaw. praise the blackberry gods for sparing my storm's life.
    12-29-08 11:37 PM
    Yep u read it right, ive dropped mine 4 times and each time were the same exact way. I'd put my phone in my lap while driving after talking or performing a task with it and forget it was in my lap,wouldnt remember till i get out of the car and i hear the ominous "Fwap!!!!!" and im like "$hit,not again" afraid to look down and see the shattered pieces of my phone.But luckily not a scratch or ding due to this amazing silicon case and screen protector.I realy reccommend u buy a silicon case if your worried about dropping it,Best investment ive made on this phone.
    12-29-08 11:51 PM
    I bought mines on christmas eve and i dropped it on the drive way on christmas day.
    12-29-08 11:53 PM
    I've owned mine for a month now, and have only dropped it once. It was on soft carpet from only about a foot up. I'm pretty good with hold'n on to things.
    12-30-08 12:20 AM
    Some of these cases are understandable, stuff happens, I know.

No offense to anyone but it completely boggles the mind that anyone would buy something that expensive/potentially fragile and not keep it in a secure belt case when not in use.

I do that for all of my phones and get the silicone slip on cases for all of my BB's including my Storm.
    12-30-08 12:24 AM
    I dropped mine onto hard lenolium floor from 4 feet while pulling it out of it's holster.
    Back cover came loose and needed to snap it back in. The Storm rebooted it's self and was fine. No scratches or dents.
    12-30-08 12:40 AM
    Ok so I live in Ohio and went on a trip down to Virginia... the part I was in was coal mining central area.. lol.. so theres tons of coal trucks driving the roads.. it was night night time.. it was snowing/sleeting/raining and my windshield wipers stopped working and it was getting so bad I was scared to death from not being able to see the major roadway I was on, so I put on the hazards.. slowly and cautiously pulled over to go mess with the connection of the wipers that is having issues under the hood. As I got out of the truck, I must have (and forgot) that I had my Storm laying on my lap, and I basically got it thrown out into the middle of the pitch black highway. I tried looking for it quickly freaking out, and watching for any cars coming and there wasnt.. yet... after about 30 seconds trying to look for it ont he ground with no light, I get some light coming on the roadway..then I realized it was a vehicle.. but not just any.. it was a 3 ton coal truck 18 wheeler coming towards me.. at the last second, I saw my phone, but couldnt get it. I saw the trucks tires just barely miss going over the phone and crushing it into a million pieces. I nearly had a heart attack and then jumped for the phone after the truck passed through.. i only got a few knicks on the silver outlining on the corners.. hardly noticeable. But it almost was something that would have been noticeable.. THats my story.. its insane isnt it?! lol
    12-30-08 12:48 AM
    I dropped mine HARD! I dropped my first storm so hard that the top half of the screen was not as responsive as it should have been. The only thing that saved my phone from blowing apart was the fact that I had the silicone case on it and it landed on carpet.

If it were not for the two semi-soft landing pads I am pretty sure it would have been in pieces.

P.S. Dropped from about 7-8 feet.
    12-30-08 01:14 AM
    Ha, this reminds me so much of what happened on the very first day I had the Storm. I was waiting for the VZ guy to finish setting it up, he was super nice. But he must have been new. He seemed super nervous when he was setting it up and was as courteous as ever. Then he said "hang on a sec I will be right back and he turned and it slipped out of his hands on to the floor. There was such a loud clatter and everyone in the store looked at him and he got so red in the face. Then everyone looked at me and I laughed so hard! It was so funny to me. Because I have been waiting for this phone for so long! There was no damage at all, and the only thing that was hurt was his ego. But as I said he was a nice guy and he threw in a plastic case into the Verizon bag when he was in the back with a note that said, "Darn things can be slippery, bring the phone back if there is any problems."

It was very nice of him, I have not dropped the phone yet (knock on wood) and after reading this thread I have put the plastic case on the phone!!
    12-30-08 02:04 AM
    I haven't dropped the storm, but my wife did last night. She wanted to play around with it and was sitting at the kitchen counter. She made a call and then was just playing around with it, I turned my back and walked into the living room to start taking down the Christmas tree. I hear "oh sh!t" and a loud "crack" simultaneously, and turn around to see my wife lifting it off the granite countertop. I ran over and asked her what happened, and she said it slipped out of her hand. I immediately took it away and placed it safely in its OEM leather belt clip. She felt really bad, but it seems to be working fine.

I almost had a heart attack.
    12-30-08 01:41 PM
    I was at the gym today and working ou. On the elyptical machine well I stepped off to fill my water went to place my storm back on the machine and slipped prob 4 feet smacked the pedal then the ground
    It still works great amazingly it didn't even scratch...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 12:01 AM
    Mine unclipped from my Seidio holster this morning when I was brushing the 8" of snow off my car. Went to the mall and realized it wasn't on my clip. Found it buried in the snow when I returned, but the screen is ruined Time for an insurance replacement.
    12-31-08 01:25 PM
    yo i didnt drop it but when i put it in the case it came with....my green button got flipped all the way back. and i pushed it back but its a little more flimsey then the others ..what should i do..get a repair or jus stick it out hallla

happy new years
    12-31-08 01:46 PM
    ....my green button got flipped all the way back. and i pushed it back but its a little more flimsey then the others ..what should i do..get a repair or jus stick it out...
    definitely get it replaced. chance it could fall off completely later on.

i dropped my storm the other day - no scrapes or dings of any kind! even the battery cover stayed on (unlike my old bb which would explode into 3 pieces anytime it got dropped)
    01-02-09 02:47 PM
    I dropped mine from my pocket to concrete. No real damage..not compared to what i've read on here. Just some scuffs and scrapes. Just wondering, if it does get damaged and buttons dont work etc...will verizon or bb replace it? how much?
    05-19-09 02:00 AM
    Furnburn.....I'm not the forum police and I'm not attacking you personally, but do you realize you're resurrecting threads that have been dead for 4 and 5 months? No problem, of course, because they may be informative to others....just not sure if you realized it.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/wh...ml#post2591593

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/go...ml#post2591600

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/se...ml#post2591611

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/st...ml#post2591616

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/my...ml#post2591640

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/le...ml#post2591647

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/i-...ml#post2591649
    05-19-09 10:46 AM
    While standing on the roof of a three story house I grab my phone out of its holster to snap a required pic of a satellite dish I just installed (yeah you can guess whats coming). All of the sudden slip, and off she goes! Slides down the roof sailing out past the concrete drive (thank god) and lands firmly in the grass. With the only carnage being the front of the hard case popping off I snap it back together, and snap my pic from the ground
    05-19-09 09:17 PM
    Hi,
    i was yesterday at the baker shop and yes i dropped my storm very hard on the floor, at a height of 1,50meters. And you know there is no carpet at the baker.
    While it touch the floor the battery cover flying away and the battery comes out.
    After i put them back together the click in the left bottom corner don't works anymore, but i'm tricky. I take the storm and now i know you can bend him. I bent a little harder from left upper site to right bottom side and now the click is fine again on all four corners!
    NOW I KNOW THE STORM IS ROCK SOLID!!!
    Greets
    mh.
    05-20-09 12:01 AM
    Light-hearted follow up to CrackBerry Storm meh's response (note to mods: not a personal attack...adding a bit of humor). An oldie but goodie from fellow CB member, MrCbr:

I'm having a hard time reading this as anything resembling the english language.

Were you drunk when posting? I am curious.

What are you trying to tell us Lassie? Did Little Timmy fall in the well?! There's a stranger in the hen house?!

What, EXACTLY, does that block of text you posted mean?!

Please help. SO confused.......
    05-20-09 07:56 AM
    Light-hearted follow up to CrackBerry Storm meh's response (note to mods: not a personal attack...adding a bit of humor). An oldie but goodie from fellow CB member, MrCbr:

I'm having a hard time reading this as anything resembling the english language.

Were you drunk when posting? I am curious.

What are you trying to tell us Lassie? Did Little Timmy fall in the well?! There's a stranger in the hen house?!

What, EXACTLY, does that block of text you posted mean?!

Please help. SO confused.......
    Exactly. He said he dropped his phone at the height of 150 meters at a bakery (How is that possible...), horrible imagery, have no idea what he is talking about "I take the storm and now i know you can bend him" - He makes as much sense as this picture
    05-20-09 02:44 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD