So, I know i'm not the only one who when they bought their Storm yesterday after waiting for hours in the blistering cold. Or maybe you were like me and a friend who were the first two at the store and dragged a mall bench to the front of the store and waited patiently watching the Verizon workers stare us down. Okay I'm back on track now, After you bought your storm I know you were worried about getting scratches and dings on it.

I wanna know, who has dropped their storm already? I want all the nasty details, how'd you do it, how far of a drop, and any damage, don't be ashamed it happens to all of us!

And NO I did not drop my Storm. . .yet
    11-22-08 05:47 PM
    there was a post on here and the guy said he went to put it in his holster and he missed and dropped it down a set of concrete stairs and cracked the screen
    11-22-08 05:51 PM
    ouch! that sucks... I would shoot myself.. I'm sure he has the protection plan.. too bad he'll be in the refurb market already!
    11-22-08 05:53 PM
    Haha, that sucks.
    11-22-08 05:53 PM
    I havent dropped it yet but i did bring it to the gym today and a drop of sweat hit the talk button and all of a sudden my q,a and num buttons didnt work. I freaked out reset the device and now its back to normal.
    11-22-08 05:56 PM
    I've been so nervous about getting anything on my storm.. I carry a microfiber cloth with me.. haha keepin this baby nice and clean..
    11-22-08 06:03 PM
    I've been so nervous about getting anything on my storm.. I carry a microfiber cloth with me.. haha keepin this baby nice and clean..
    I had it in my pocket all day today for our Angel Food distribution day. I was kinda worried because I was carrying boxes and stuff, but it was fine.

pastorhudson
    11-22-08 10:34 PM
    so yea..i dropped my storm..lol..not a bad drop though..i was about to put it in my closet on the dresser and it kinda slipped outta my hands..now luckily it maybe dropped 4 feet and onto the carpet wich i actually deflected it off my foot to try and slow down the impact..no scratches or any malfunctions yet..as far as the phone itself..the only issue i have is my damn fingers are big and i have to take my time typing on this screen...besides that no complaints
    11-22-08 10:41 PM
    Hi,
    i was yesterday at the baker shop and yes i dropped my storm very hard on the floor, at a height of 1,50meters. And you know there is no carpet at the baker.
    While it touch the floor the battery cover flying away and the battery comes out.
    After i put them back together the click in the left bottom corner don't works anymore, but i'm tricky. I take the storm and now i know you can bend him. I bent a little harder from left upper site to right bottom side and now the click is fine again on all four corners!
    NOW I KNOW THE STORM IS ROCK SOLID!!!
    Greets
    mh.
    11-23-08 10:48 AM
    ugh... just the topic thread question gave me anxiety. I can't believe I opened the thread and actually read the posts hehehehe. I haven't dropped mine (yet) but I know it's coming soon- I have butterfingers. The second post made me nauseus. Talk about the WORST timing. Refurbs never have worked out for me- so I shiver at the thought. Poor chap!
    11-23-08 12:29 PM
    ouch! that sucks... I would shoot myself.. I'm sure he has the protection plan.. too bad he'll be in the refurb market already!
    I have the holster - and the protection plan. After seeing this - I listen for it to click in to place before I let go.
    11-23-08 12:31 PM
    I am a firm believer in those snap together cases, had one for a year with my pearl and had one waiting for my storm...I didn't get my username on a whim...
    11-23-08 12:36 PM
    Reading this thread gave me chills! lol I don't want to drop mine but I kno I will, I dropped my Curve the 3rd day i got it...
    11-23-08 12:38 PM
    A buddy of mine knocked it out of my hands last night at the bar last night. It was not on purpose, he felt real bad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 12:52 PM
    I am a firm believer in those snap together cases, had one for a year with my pearl and had one waiting for my storm...I didn't get my username on a whim...
    I thought you were "phone broker",,, like phone sales
    11-23-08 12:52 PM
    I'm scared now, fortunately I have the insurance plan
    11-23-08 12:55 PM
    My curve has been saved by silicone skins many times so thats what I have on my storm alone with a snap case. Dont ever want to drop this phone
    11-23-08 12:58 PM
    I never liked those types, but I picked one up last night in "clear" and I love it. It works two fold cause now I can use my old Treo Leather holster, cause the storm was too thin for it before, now it fits perfectly snug.
    11-23-08 01:04 PM
    mine somehow fell out of the protective sleeve, out of my pocket and landed screen first. . . The freaking odds. three little dings on the chrome bezel. . . I miss flawless perfection already. These tiny dings are very upsetting to me.
    11-25-08 07:16 PM
    My daughter dropped hers on a concrete floor in a store on Friday less than 2 hours after buying it. She was so angry that she dropped hers and I didn't. Fortunately she had no damage...we have the hard cases on.
    Next time I visit, I may just have to have a little drop so she feels better. LOL
    11-25-08 07:26 PM
    my friend took my phone from me and looked at it and gave it back to me by throwing it back at me and it hit the desk -.- so lucky... no scratches
    11-25-08 07:36 PM
    So.. I didn't drop my storm.. Or anything of that sort.. well I.. I DIDN'T...
    I was with my girlfriend last night.. and she thought it would be cute/flirtatious to put her straw in her water. put her finger on the end to keep some water in the straw, and when she tried to put it on me, she missed and it landed directly on my storm screen..!! OH NO!!! She almost cried on the spot, the screen stopped responding.. I blew the water out from behind the screen, rebooted, and it worked fine.. she's lucky lol.. But I still love her
    11-30-08 04:13 PM
    I dropped my storm when I took it out of the cradle this morning. Luckily I slowed it down and I don't think I did any damage to it at all. I know for a fact that I should wait a few mins after I wake up to take it off the cradle from now on.
    11-30-08 04:31 PM
    My 7 year old son grabbed mine at a wedding the first day I got it. He slipped and it dropped out of his hand. No scratches or dings. New rule that no one touches mommy's phone, though.
    11-30-08 04:36 PM
    my buddy dropped his on the screen because it got snagged in his pocket. said he played hot potato in slow motion. couldnt get ahold of it and it landed right on the screen and cracked it. $50 bucks to the insurance company, he should be getting it tomorrow. he called me right after devestated!
    11-30-08 04:48 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD