att bad service .. iphone wasnt doing the things i wanted to do like push email just push notifications in general .. bb i can personalize to my needs(leds, sounds) and bbm

but if iphone comes to verizon ill be the second in line lol

but i agree apple is crazy how they treat their customers i had to stop being an apple fan boy with apple blinders on the iphone out the box shoulda been the best phone ever and then made on that but they once ayear let something out (video, copy paste etc) its just stupid
    04-28-10 06:47 PM
    the Storm 2's crappy, plastic touchscreen. Why a touchscreen doesn't have glass is beyond me.
    Um...the Storm2 has a glass touchscreen. A little research would have found that out.

I don't think the iPhone has poor build quality. I loved mine when I had it, but I'm very happy with my S2.
    04-28-10 07:46 PM
    i just switched from a iphone 3g to the 9550. i actually gave the iphone to my wife. the thing i miss most with my iphone was it is jailbroken and so i had full access to all the apps for free. i love the speed,keyboard,screen and battery life "especialy with the hybrid OS" of the 9550.

i am going to start a site for the 9550 just for cracked apps and themes. i have many friends who are working on getting the latest apps cracked.
    Wow, that's a good way to get banned and sued by developers. But hey, good luck. It's not like they have your contact information from this site.

Oh, wait...

Regardless, I'm really glad I picked the Storm over the iPhone. Out of all my friends, I've got two with an iPhone and the rest all have BB's. They've had nothing but issues with fought jailbreaks, tethered jailbreaks, battery, call issues, etc. But hey, their choice. I loves me some Storm2. With its glass screen, way to prove you've never even picked up a Storm2 dof28.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 04-28-10 at 08:40 PM.
    04-28-10 08:34 PM
    I'm an iPhone user since 3G. I lost my 3Gs and decided to try BB. I went from 8520-9000-9550. BBs have features that makes them great and so does the iPhone. BBM is one of them and I wish they'd cross platform in the future...doubt it though. However, it really depends on what you want your 'smartphone' to do.
    I love my S2 out of all my previous BBs, but for what I use my phone for, ill stick with iPhone. I don't understand why BB takes longer to load an IE page than in iPhone when BBs already shrink the packets. Not a fan of the 'click' on S2, just doesn't feel like a real 'touch' screen, more like a big button. My S2 though has the real push email, BBM, batterylife, and feels more durable. But as far as dropped calls and whatnot, that's your provider, not the phone's fault.
    If I had to choose for me knowing what I know now, I'm happier with my S2 than 3Gs because it can do pretty much all the iPhone does, and some. (BBM, push email, etc.)
    It'll be interesting what happens when the new iPhone comes and S3 on OS6. I'm a fan of sliders and hopefully S3 is the slider. We'll see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 09:48 PM
    C'mon man, you love posting on these threads. Admit it, you can't resist.

Ok, other than that, I refuse, REFUSE, to get into this debate yet again. Just how many times, and how many ways, can one have the exact same debate? There are, or have been, DOZENS of threads, all covering the same topic and even when the thread was not intended to do a comparison, it winds up turning in to one. I'm tired of it. Why are people so BENT and doing a comparison? What does it matter? And if one is curious about the differences, there are, as I said, a bazillion posts, from all perspectives, already done, going back several YEARS!

STOP feeling so insecure....enjoy your device (whatever it is...BB, iPhone, Droid, Palm...whatever).
    04-28-10 09:51 PM
    ...way to prove you've never even picked up a Storm2 dof28.
    Haha just what I was thinking. I'm always surprised to see how many Apple fanboys hang around on the BB forums. I guess they don't have any friends left on the iphone forum
    04-28-10 09:57 PM
    Oh, I do admit to loving to post in threads..but not endless debates--ad nauseum-- about one phone vs. another. It's not like anything NEW is being posted, it's the same, tired old debates over and over and over again. The same questions are asked, with a very slight change of wording, but the same sentiment. Nobody, with half a brain, that is, will be "converted." We like what we like and so long as our needs are met, we should be happy. Children, on the other hand, feel compelled to have at least the same thing their friends do, if not something better than their friends regardless of whether or not it really does meet their needs! Children succumb to peer pressure and then feel compelled to convince others of the merits of their choices.

C'mon man, you love posting on these threads. Admit it, you can't resist.
    04-28-10 10:05 PM
    I see where you are coming from, but even as adults I think we like to have our choices validated by our peers. It's a good feeling to be part of a community, in this case the BB community with like minded users (or addicts ).

Oh, I do admit to loving to post in threads..but not endless debates--ad nauseum-- about one phone vs. another. It's not like anything NEW is being posted, it's the same, tired old debates over and over and over again. The same questions are asked, with a very slight change of wording, but the same sentiment. Nobody, with half a brain, that is, will be "converted." We like what we like and so long as our needs are met, we should be happy. Children, on the other hand, feel compelled to have at least the same thing their friends do, if not something better than their friends regardless of whether or not it really does meet their needs! Children succumb to peer pressure and then feel compelled to convince others of the merits of their choices.
    04-28-10 10:14 PM
    Bingo...you hit the nail on the head. Sure, I admit that I enjoy coming in and hearing things that confirm my own research and resulting opinions or, even enlightening me on things I may have misperceived. What is boring, is having people come in to "nah, nah, nah" claiming (falsely) superiority. I've had great conversations with friends as we compared the various features of our individual phones. It was not "one upmanship" but more about sharing a like for technology and the pros and cons of the devices. His iPhone had some cool stuff, and he loves it. I enjoyed some of the features but confirmed this really wasn't what I wanted. He learned a lot about my Storm 2 that he did not know and admired some of its features. I'm sure though, that he was not wishing he had one (point there being, I did not ask him, that was not the purpose of the conversation).

Besides the fact that there are just sooooooooooooo many threads here with the exact same bashing going on, that is simply becomes boring! Many "dumped their iPhone for a Storm 2" and many dumped their Storm 2 for an iPhone (or substitute any other device name). All those threads have been running and running for years.

Ok, back to the conversation at hand...I'm outta here!

I see where you are coming from, but even as adults I think we like to have our choices validated by our peers. It's a good feeling to be part of a community, in this case the BB community with like minded users (or addicts ).
    04-28-10 10:57 PM
    The screen on the iPhone is cheap? No it isn't. It's much better than the Storm 2's crappy, plastic touchscreen. Why a touchscreen doesn't have glass is beyond me.

I think the iPhone also has much better build quality than the Storm 2.
    You may want to take a another look. As already mentioned, the Storm screen is glass, it is slightly higher resolution than the iPhone, it has better contrast ratio and color depth, and it just feels better to the touch for some reason (to me anyway). That said, the iPhone screen is larger and offers a better aspect ratio, but given the choice, I prefer the clarity and depth of the Storm screen.
    04-29-10 01:01 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD