I will be FINALLY getting a Storm this Sunday the 4th, but I was wondering who has bought the Storm from a VZW kiosk at Costco?

A few questions;

1. Would it most likely be the latest hardware build?

2. What extra accessories does Costco include?

3. Can they activate the phone on-site, or are they just selling the phone itself?

4. What info should I look for on the box or phone to make sure it's the most current build / software?

I lean towards Costco because of their 90 day return policy. Unfortunately, I don't think they honor Verizon's "new every two" deal. That's OK for me since I can't get that now anyway.

Thanks for any tips...

Bill
    Last edited by jodyberry; 01-01-09 at 12:47 PM.
    01-01-09 12:45 PM
    I will be FINALLY getting a Storm this Sunday the 4th, but I was wondering who has bought the Storm from a VZW kiosk at Costco?

A few questions;

1. Would it most likely be the latest hardware build?
    my daughter got .75
    2. What extra accessories does Costco include?
    ask them
    3. Can they activate the phone on-site, or are they just selling the phone itself?
    yes on site
    4. What info should I look for on the box or phone to make sure it's the most current build / software?
    once it's on...options>about>thirdline says OS....75 is the latest official

I lean towards Costco because of their 90 day return policy. Unfortunately, I don't think they honor Verizon's "new every two" deal. That's OK for me since I can't get that now anyway.
    ask about the NE2
    Thanks for any tips...

Bill
    answer in bold above
    01-01-09 12:57 PM
    Look on the side of the box and if it is the latest build it will have Version: 4.7.0.75. Sure those kiosks can activate it there. It is done on Verizon website.
    01-01-09 12:58 PM
    I got mine on launch day from Costco. They did everything but transfer my phone from my old phone. I went to the verizon store for the phone book transfer. It
    Came with a car charger, cheap leather belt pouch and head phones. Thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-01-09 01:19 PM
    Thanks All!!

01-01-09 02:27 PM
    answer in bold above
    Well the plan I got from them includes the new every two. I bought mine from them on release day and it has had no problems. I got a bunch of extra accessories bluetooth stereo, extra leather holster 2 stereo earbuds/hands free, a stylus(I have no idea why I don't use it) My rep filled out the rebate forms for me and put them in a sealed envelope and addressed it to the right place all I had to do was put a stamp on it and mail it in. I walked out of the store with it activated. I am loving my phone. Oh yeah car charger and the one in the box for traveling to other countries too :P
    01-01-09 02:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD