I don't seem to have Blackberry maps on my device anywhere that I can find. It isn't hidden either. It appears in my applications list, but the icon is nowhere to be found. I have tried to trick where you geotag a picture, and then try to locate it, but that didn't work either.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    02-08-09 01:59 PM
    It's located in your Applications folder. However there's sometimes a funny quirk where when you access that folder, the default display is the bottom of the list. Try scrolling that folder.
    02-08-09 02:08 PM
    Its called 'Maps' and the icon is a compass. In applications folder. Try show all if you don't see it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-08-09 02:10 PM
    I would say pull your battery and then check the applications folder.
    02-08-09 02:23 PM
    Funny, I've had problems where I couldn't see the Calculator.

02-08-09 02:25 PM
    Pulling the battery doesn't work. The application is on my phone, but there is no way I can find to access it.
    02-08-09 09:17 PM
    Pulling the battery doesn't work. The application is on my phone, but there is no way I can find to access it.
    Try deleting it from the device and reinstall with the app loader in DM. You can delete it from: Options> Advanced Options> Applications> Highlight BlackBerry Maps> press BB Key> Click Delete. After the process finishes, connect the device to your computer. Open up DM and click the app loader. Now go to add/remove software and check off BB Maps. Click next twice and let it reboot. After it finishes loading, look in the Applications folder on your device for Maps.

02-08-09 10:37 PM
    Whats the difference between Google Maps and the BB Maps application?
    02-09-09 06:43 PM
    Whats the difference between Google Maps and the BB Maps application?
    Some of the differences are:

1) Google Maps is a 3rd party app and BB Maps is a 1st party app.
    2) Google Maps uses cell towers for triangulation and BB Maps uses the GPS.
    3) Google Maps can show traffic and BB Maps can't
    4) Google Maps has a street view and BB Maps doesn't.

02-09-09 09:08 PM
    Google maps isn't even triangulating my position. It's referring to one tower and giving me my locations "somewhere within 4000 meters" because the GPS doesnt work with 3.0.1 on the Verizon storm.
    02-09-09 11:42 PM
    Does anyone have any other opinions on how to find BB maps? I tried what Armak said, and no luck. It appears in my applications list, but no option to open the program.
    02-10-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD