and yet another leak today. This time for the 9520.

still no 9530 love. starting to give up hope.
    03-23-10 06:51 PM
    and yet another leak today. This time for the 9520.

still no 9530 love. starting to give up hope.
    definitely not a good look. *drives nail in coffin of 9530*
    03-23-10 06:56 PM
    9550 users, like myself, lets refrain from the "where's our leak!?!1" posts
    Hopefully we'll see something soon - almost every other phone got one!
    Well I am hoping there is a 9530 leak somewhere in that statement. Looking at the Super OS page, latest known OS is .576

Hope something that high appears for us!
    03-23-10 07:02 PM
    The Horror! 9520 leak.......that's so close to 9530!!! What a tease!!!
    03-23-10 10:04 PM
    Another leak for the Tour - 591. We have officially been left in the dust.
    03-24-10 10:01 AM
    Civic told us we'd have one almost two weeks ago too!!
    03-24-10 10:07 AM
    wow so much leak, but not one for the storm 9530 this is sad times for the storm 9530. please o please give us something that all 9530 can boost about!!
    03-24-10 10:17 AM
    I am finally sold on the fact that it is officially a wrap. If there isn't a leak for the 9530 by the end of this week with the show going on etc...it's def a done deal.

It makes total sense considering it is an EOL device. But what really baffles me...is the fact that there are no doubt OS's out there that can be leaked...but are not.

If I was a leaker (or whatever the proper term is for the position of those that "leak"), I would drop a 9530 OS for the simple fact that I would worry less about getting in trouble for leaking an OS...for a device that not many people (aka RIM/VzW execs) are too concerned about anymore.

Everyone talks about NDA's stopping leaks and all that jazz (I'm very familiar with NDA's btw). Why aren't the "harsh" NDA's stopping the flurry of leaks for relevant devices is what I interested in knowing about.

I mean...lord...there has been a leak already for the 9650 Tour2/Bold/whatever you wanna call it...and its not even out yet.
    03-24-10 10:28 AM
    Who want to buy an EOL device? Cheap no os update poorly made let me know lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 10:50 AM
    what pisses me off is that the Storm 1 was pumped up by Verizon and RIM as the "it" phone....and millions of us (just guessing on the actual sales volume of storms) lemmings jumped in to buy this phone. And there are millions of us who are within our 2 year contract on this phone. You'd think VZW and RIM would want to keep us Stormers happy so that we have some brand loyalty!!!! you'd think!!! but basically, we've been dropped like a bad habit!!! It's like RIM wants people to forget about the original Storm.....the problem is the Storm 2 still sucks! lol.
    03-24-10 10:55 AM
    Civic told us we'd have one almost two weeks ago too!!
    Its your own fault for believing her.
    03-24-10 02:39 PM
    Ok I have something to say:
    Who's civic and why should they be trusted?
    You guys are very negative very quickly. There might be a leak tomorrow, heck there might be a leak in 3 months. Maybe the Storm1 "leaker" has been fired and the new guy doesn't know left from up. Maybe we were all spoiled from the beginning.(leaks are "illegal" after all so we should be happy to see them at all) Then again, maybe(seeing as though 80% of storm 2s are recalled in SA) RIM has bigger things to worry about, like pushing new phones in stead of wasting time on old phones at the moment.
    I think that once the dust settles its a small switch for the developers as most storm 1 and 2 files work the same.
    Oh yea, and isn't Verizon or somebody teaming up with skype shortly to enable the service through ptt? Would be really stupid to run it on every phone except storm one. I wonder if I would want to have a business partner like that if I was Skype...

Last edited by DJ-Icarus; 03-24-10 at 04:05 PM.
    03-24-10 04:03 PM
    Would be really stupid to run it on every phone except storm one.
    I agree.

For the record Civic's comment was entirely a joke. I don't read/post much, but have read enough on here to know sarcasm occasionally.
    03-24-10 04:13 PM
    9500 got a leak today too
    03-24-10 10:03 PM
    Ok I have something to say:
    Who's civic and why should they be trusted?
    You guys are very negative very quickly. There might be a leak tomorrow, heck there might be a leak in 3 months. Maybe the Storm1 "leaker" has been fired and the new guy doesn't know left from up. Maybe we were all spoiled from the beginning.(leaks are "illegal" after all so we should be happy to see them at all) Then again, maybe(seeing as though 80% of storm 2s are recalled in SA) RIM has bigger things to worry about, like pushing new phones in stead of wasting time on old phones at the moment.
    I think that once the dust settles its a small switch for the developers as most storm 1 and 2 files work the same.
    Oh yea, and isn't Verizon or somebody teaming up with skype shortly to enable the service through ptt? Would be really stupid to run it on every phone except storm one. I wonder if I would want to have a business partner like that if I was Skype...

Its a known fact now that RIM has stated that all newer OS's are going to be designed for touchphones with higher memory. S1 doesnt fit that criteria. Secondly....Verizon killed it off. Its a done deal as far as theyre concerned. Its the same thing that went down when we saw the end of the 4.7 OS's. We knew then that there were higher builds and ya know how many we saw........ZIP NADDA NUTHIN. lol. Look ive stated in other posts that if by some miracle we see another leak/official or otherwise for the 9530 than great. I just dont anymore. Its done , stick a fork in and call it a night. Again im not knocking the phone but more the expected belief that theres continued development for this device. Just a opinion nothing more.
    03-25-10 12:50 AM
    9500 got a leak today too
    really? how come i can't find it...?
    03-25-10 02:44 AM
    really? how come i can't find it...?
    ...didn't think so
    03-25-10 10:00 AM
    You guys are very negative very quickly.
    LOL, you must be new here. Negativity is the status quo. All of these posts are fully understandable; storm bashing is the new pink.

RIM is still working on the 5.0.x OS, it is obvious. The question of if there will be a leak and/or new OS release relies solely on the largest 9530 seller: Verizon. If they decide that RIM needs to fix the firmware, they will do it. If you want a new firmware for your 9530, call Verizon and take up half an hour of a tech's time describing every little thing you don't like. Play along when they ask you to do a battery pull. Wait a few extra minutes before saying "ok it rebooted". They will get the idea after all those hours of support time add up.

Or, if you don't want a leak or official upgrade, just keep complaining on Crackberry.com like everyone else.
    03-25-10 01:39 PM
    Yea, calling Verizon all the way from south Africa doesn't seem that good an idea

03-27-10 03:48 AM
    Yea, calling Verizon all the way from south Africa doesn't seem that good an idea

tell verizon you are using their new skype mobile app.
    03-27-10 09:46 AM

Calling Verizon when you are not a customer does not make sense either!
    03-27-10 12:10 PM
    I have downloaded the 5.0.0.484 OS for the S1 to my desktop. I am not installing until I am sure this is for the 9530 or does the 9500 also work with the 9530's OS ?. My New download of the DM, shows both 9530,v5.0.0.419(Platform 4.2.0.179) & 9500,v5.0.0.484 (Platform 4.2.0.214) under the about tab. I currently have .419 OS, but still have memory leaks and bat. usage is in my opinion,not great.5.0.0.484A/4.2 can I install this .484 on my 9530 or will it go FUBAR?
    03-28-10 03:27 PM
    I have downloaded the 5.0.0.484 OS for the S1 to my desktop. I am not installing until I am sure this is for the 9530 or does the 9500 also work with the 9530's OS ?. My New download of the DM, shows both 9530,v5.0.0.419(Platform 4.2.0.179) & 9500,v5.0.0.484 (Platform 4.2.0.214) under the about tab. I currently have .419 OS, but still have memory leaks and bat. usage is in my opinion,not great.5.0.0.484A/4.2 can I install this .484 on my 9530 or will it go FUBAR?
    Won't work on the 9530
    03-28-10 05:22 PM
    Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for replying.
    03-29-10 09:38 AM
    Unless you copy the previous OS' radio file. But that's like hybridding anywayz

03-29-10 09:44 AM
148 ... 23456
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD