^^ leaks happen when carriers start testing. The lack of them supports what ST is saying. VZW tends to do a release on the old device just before the new on drops. So we are seeing leaks for the 9638 because they are testing something to drop just before 9650 comes out. Supposedly they were testing for the 9550 and 9530 but we have only seem leaks for the 9550 which again probably means they stopped work on the 9530. I really hope not, but it is starting to look bad for us....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-10 07:18 AM
    We may see a "kiss off" build from someone. But I doubt it. But looking at the threads for the .5xx builds there does not seem to be much there. Filter out the 'snappier', 'I started with xx more memory', and the ever popular 'the browser is faster' comments and it's pretty sterile. They changed the lock screen function which seems to have confused the crap outta people and in one case they caused a reset when bolstering the device. That would be the build we get...reset on holster. Would we call that a quick holster? Like we used to have the camera pull function.

+1

That' ALL I see in those threads. That and people asking how to load a hybrid. I'm not noticing much of a difference from any of the builds.

Oh well, I've given up hope a while ago, now just to wait until July for my upgrade...
    03-19-10 09:17 AM
    +1

That' ALL I see in those threads. That and people asking how to load a hybrid. I'm not noticing much of a difference from any of the builds.

Oh well, I've given up hope a while ago, now just to wait until July for my upgrade...
    Mythbusters episode notwithstanding, there's really only so much polishing one can do to a turd. RIM's current OS may be about as shiny and polished as it's going to get. 6.0 can't get here fast enough. Of course, I can't say that I'll still be on the Blackberry platform when it does arrive. I really am hoping, though.
    03-19-10 11:04 AM
    I have absolutely zero insight, but with all of the issues with 328, it seems surprising that they would stop with that one. I would think there would be one more for VZW. But I tend to be overly optimistic....
    03-19-10 11:34 AM
    ^^ leaks happen when carriers start testing. The lack of them supports what ST is saying. VZW tends to do a release on the old device just before the new on drops. So we are seeing leaks for the 9638 because they are testing something to drop just before 9650 comes out. Supposedly they were testing for the 9550 and 9530 but we have only seem leaks for the 9550 which again probably means they stopped work on the 9530. I really hope not, but it is starting to look bad for us....

Radioguinea indicates that they are well into 5.0.0.54x for the 9530 and 9550. We first heard of the testing as far back as 5.0.0.45x, and nothing for the 9530 or 9550 has been leaked from that (well, the 9550 got a leak yesterday.)
    03-19-10 12:05 PM
    Radioguinea indicates that they are well into 5.0.0.54x for the 9530 and 9550. We first heard of the testing as far back as 5.0.0.45x, and nothing for the 9530 or 9550 has been leaked from that (well, the 9550 got a leak yesterday.)
    Before 4.7 died off they were well into the .220 range with it and we saw nothing once 5.0 started dropping. Same is happening now, only difference is that 9530 is being phased out altogether. Once VZW dropped it , the nails were set in the coffin. Believe me i liked my S1 but its done now. Really, dont think its gonna come back to life ,its not. Im no expert by any means but all signs of common sense point to no more leaks or anything for S1. If it happens then great i'll be happy to say im wrong but ............... I'll just leave it at that.
    03-19-10 02:27 PM
    Before 4.7 died off they were well into the .220 range with it and we saw nothing once 5.0 started dropping. Same is happening now, only difference is that 9530 is being phased out altogether. Once VZW dropped it , the nails were set in the coffin. Believe me i liked my S1 but its done now. Really, dont think its gonna come back to life ,its not. Im no expert by any means but all signs of common sense point to no more leaks or anything for S1. If it happens then great i'll be happy to say im wrong but ............... I'll just leave it at that.
    I think there is a lot of speculation on both sides of this and ultimately, no one knows anything. Period.
    03-19-10 02:29 PM
    Im just gonna assume when the largest north american carrier drops something theres a reason. Again if im wrong ,great for S1 users but its pretty apparent its done.
    03-19-10 02:56 PM
    It is time to face it the 9530 is done. I have rocked this phone since it was released and have never had to get a replacement But seriously no matter what OS is leaked or released as official is not going to make any real noticeable difference to your phone. It's not the software that is going to make your phone better in this cased it is the 9530's hardware. Lets all face it the hardware for the 9530 is limited. So no matter what you do or what you try you will get a low memory error and have to pull the battery. With that being said I still love my outdated, left behind, and abandoned 9530
    03-19-10 03:06 PM
    It is time to face it the 9530 is done. I have rocked this phone since it was released and have never had to get a replacement But seriously no matter what OS is leaked or released as official is not going to make any real noticeable difference to your phone. It's not the software that is going to make your phone better in this cased it is the 9530's hardware. Lets all face it the hardware for the 9530 is limited. So no matter what you do or what you try you will get a low memory error and have to pull the battery. With that being said I still love my outdated, left behind, and abandoned 9530
    As i stated i do like mine but as much as i dont want to plug something else im ordering a N1 tonight.
    03-19-10 03:10 PM
    Only real limitation is RAM. Stupid 128....

Seriously the Driod Eris has the same exact chipset, and that can rock android 2.1 with Sense UI.

03-19-10 04:11 PM
    Interesting developments about PTT. Supposedly the 9530 will be supported for PTT by VZW. That would be cause for VZW to be testing for the 9530. Need to confirm if PTT will be supported on storms. If yes, then it is just a matter of time for the update....

03-22-10 04:28 PM
    more .5xx leaks and updates for other BB devices today. This is getting rediculous!!! I think I (we 9530 owner) was getting spoiled with all the leaks we used to get. Now, I feel the pain!!!!
    03-23-10 09:34 AM
    .554 just leaked for the 9000 which was released before the 9530. I'm sure they're still working on 9530 builds especially since the 9550 is still on PL 4.2. We will probably see something soon, just relax everyone.
    03-23-10 12:40 PM
    .571 for the 9630....we are officially left in the dust...
    03-23-10 12:51 PM
    .554 just leaked for the 9000 which was released before the 9530. I'm sure they're still working on 9530 builds especially since the 9550 is still on PL 4.2. We will probably see something soon, just relax everyone.
    Just relax? Every other freakin BB has seen a leak into the .5XX and we're just lucky we can borrow the 9500 .419 radio because the platform number happened to be the same. Don't mean to get all cranked up but either they just stopped making 9530 builds or someone is just being real mean! OK I feel a little better now
    03-23-10 01:17 PM
    And supposedly another leak for Bold 9700. Ours will come (I hope), but no where near as often.
    03-23-10 01:20 PM
    Just relax? Every other freakin BB has seen a leak into the .5XX and we're just lucky we can borrow the 9500 .419 radio because the platform number happened to be the same. Don't mean to get all cranked up but either they just stopped making 9530 builds or someone is just being real mean! OK I feel a little better now
    We're not using the 9500's radio. We're using a 9530's PL 4.2.0.179.
    03-23-10 02:07 PM
    If it's coming at all, odds are it'll be soon...
    03-23-10 02:42 PM
    I hope it comes soon. In the past few days, several devices have gotten either leaks or official releases, both CDMA and GSM devices. Even the 9630 and 9550 gotten some sort of 5.0.0.5xx.

I hope VZW is considering PTT for the Storm line, because that would mean they'd have to test higher 5.0 builds. I'm surprised there hasn't been a 9530 leak yet, seeing as the 9550 and 9630 rarely got leaks in the past. The tables have turned, and it bites
    03-23-10 04:19 PM
    Looks like a loooong time until upgrade time. Bummer. 1st CB post ever by the way. been a sleeper and just stealing everyones great feeds. Thanks all!

03-23-10 06:07 PM
    I hope VZW is considering PTT for the Storm line, because that would mean they'd have to test higher 5.0 builds. I'm surprised there hasn't been a 9530 leak yet, seeing as the 9550 and 9630 rarely got leaks in the past. The tables have turned, and it bites
    Why would VZW put any development effort into a phone they are discontinuing?

Lets face it if there are any future 9530 leaks it will have to be from another carrier if any of them are testing versions.
    03-23-10 06:31 PM
    It's starting to get hilarious, isn't it?
    03-23-10 06:31 PM
    I'm tempted to drive by a Verizon store and throw my storm through a window. As soon as a Buy One Get One deal is offered on a new android phone with Verizon, like the HTC Incredible, I will be jumping off the Blackberry ship.
    Last edited by System48; 03-23-10 at 06:51 PM.
    03-23-10 06:48 PM

so desperate...that I have to laugh.

Also, it has been painful seeing all the new phone announcements at CTIA.....yet nothing from verizon......

Where's the N1? Where's the incredible?
    03-23-10 06:49 PM
148 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD