Is anyone else having difficulty with WhereRYu? I cannot seem to get it to work on the Storm.
    01-05-09 02:17 PM
    What seems to be the problem? I have been using it for about a week now with no big issues

01-06-09 06:52 PM
    Its not what is happening, its what is not happening... That is, the application just isn't working. Tried emailing the author but it gets bounced.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-06-09 11:16 PM
    which phone are you using ?
    and with which network provider ?

note for Storm users on Verizon:
    Cell tower position fix only works on a GSM network
    some Storm devices (on Verizon for example) can use both CDMA and GSM

for WhereRYu to work properly you need to force the phone to work with GSM and not CDMA under Options-->Network settings

there are several thread on the internet saying Verizon are blocking their GPS unless you buy a 10$ a month PUK , but I think you can overcome it if you switch to work on a GSM network that is not related to Verizon

maybe you can confirm it
    01-08-09 07:33 PM
    just noticed you have the phone and provider information next to your username

are you using the latest version (which is currently 2.03) ?
    01-08-09 07:40 PM
    issues were fixed in version 2.05
    01-12-09 01:53 PM
    use this COUPON for a 20% discount on your next purchase of WhereRYu: CSF0109
    01-14-09 06:11 PM
    I can't get this program to work either. When I install in I can't find the program options anywhere. The only place I see it is if I hold down the menu key to see all running programs but when I click on it my phone freezes up. Any ideas?
    01-25-09 10:10 PM
    The Application works in the background and does not have an icon

Please follow this check list to make sure you have done all the required steps to make this application work:
    -Download/install the application
    -Reboot the Phone
    -Add Contacts to the safe list.
    -Send and email with the subject "WhereRYu?" (without the quotes , case sensitive) from a contact that was just added to the safe list
    -approve any pop-up that are requesting permissions to access GPS data
    -After about a minute check your sent items folder to see a reply was sent from the WhereRYu application

if you do not get a reply make sure other 3rd party application using GPS work on your device (such as google maps for blackberry)
    01-27-09 05:07 PM
    If I give my son a BlackBerry with the WhereRYu app in it, will he know when I am checking his location?
    02-25-09 12:58 PM
    Has anyone bought/tried Where2Eat? It's made by the same party I beleive. Just wondering how/if that worked well on the Storm.
    02-25-09 01:29 PM
    I literally just tried where2eat for the storm and it is a GREAT app no problems. I repeat the app works GREAT on the storm. it was worth my ten dollars. I figured i would give it a try since it was getting bashed and i saw that they came out with an update of the app well it does work flawlessly on the storm .....just disable compatibility mode.
    02-25-09 11:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD