Just saw this from WHERE on Twitter:

Attn WHERE Storm users: an update that includes improved location, news and other UI enhancements is available at WHERE™ GPS Mobile Application, iPhone App & Location Based Services Development Platform.

About to hop on the download now. Just wanted to pass the word!
    05-20-09 11:37 AM
    Thanks for the heads up! I deleted WHERE a while back and switched to POYNT. I am going to dl WHERE to see if new update improved app.

EDIT:
    Installed WHERE.

I haven't used WHERE in a long time, so i can't remember what functions it had before.
    It picked up my exact gps location within 5 seconds, and displayed the weather as well.
    Information is good.

I would like to be able to use googlemaps instead of BBmaps.
    I would also like a feature to add a location to my address book from WHERE.

Other than that, it's good, and i think i will be using this rather than poynt for a while. (c:
    Last edited by wryun; 05-20-09 at 01:33 PM.
    05-20-09 01:08 PM
    Thanks for the heads up! I deleted WHERE a while back and switched to POYNT. I am going to dl WHERE to see if new update improved app.
    I haven em both. Use em for 2 totally different things.
    05-20-09 01:10 PM
    I've yet to be able to get the update. Went to the site and prompted it to text me the update twice. It didnt send it either time. Just contacted them on twitter about it. Hopefully they'll get it figured out...
    05-20-09 01:23 PM
    I've yet to be able to get the update. Went to the site and prompted it to text me the update twice. It didnt send it either time. Just contacted them on twitter about it. Hopefully they'll get it figured out...
    They didn't send the the DL link to me either, however if you go to where.com from your BB, you can get the DL it OTA that way.

So far I haven't noticed any remarkable differences.
    05-20-09 03:43 PM
    Thanks for the notification. I had where on my device up to last week when I deleted it. I just finished downloading it again just to see what has changed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 04:03 PM
    Coolie...i like WHERE because it gives me gas prices..
    05-21-09 01:05 AM
    cool gonna download it now thanks
    05-21-09 02:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD