Forget the unboxing pics...........

Get that thing plugged into the charger and let us know your reviews on the device!

11-14-08 08:45 AM
    well we still need pics to weed out the liars lol
    11-14-08 08:47 AM
    They can post pictures of them using the device. We don't need to see 50 pictures of the same box being opened.
    11-14-08 08:54 AM
    Here's a photo of my Storm's About screen. Thought it might be handy to see what firmware it has installed and it's v4.7.0.65.

I have yet to play around with the handset fully as I'm waiting for my sim to be fully activated by Vodafone but first impressions are 'very impressive' so far...
    11-14-08 08:57 AM
    Thanks for the photo! Let the photos and reviews start rolling
    11-14-08 08:59 AM
    TOO COOL!!! Thanks Hitman!!
    11-14-08 09:02 AM
    I want to know about the device itself. How it fuctions? Is there nay lagging?
    11-14-08 09:05 AM
    Isn't our VZW OS shipping out with a more updated OS then Vodaphone did?
    11-14-08 09:06 AM
    Here's a few more to whet your appetite!
    11-14-08 09:14 AM
    Here's a few more to whet your appetite!
    Omg get some covering on him! He's cold!
    11-14-08 09:16 AM
    Interesting.. the version of SW indicated here is the same as what I played with in MPLS, Minnesoata on wednesday.

The Verizon rep said that they planned 2 software updates before release. I have no idea if this comment was credible or not. I'm thinking 10 days isn't much time to push out 2 updates...

Jamie
    11-14-08 09:17 AM
    So far in terms of lagging I only experienced it once when going through setup. Other than that it has been quite responsive.

The screen only takes around a second to orientate so not too much time hanging around there and typing using the screen is going to take a little bit of getting used to but is reasonably easy, just getting over the lack of physical keys to press!

In terms of how it stacks up speed wise against my Bold, I'd have to say very well. I have not tried any direct comparisons as yet but it certainly seems as quick shifting through the menu's etc.

I'm a bit hamsrtung at the moment as I don't yet have a connection so I can't say what browsing etc is like (really could do with wifi right now!) but first impressions are very good.
    11-14-08 09:26 AM
    Interesting.. the version of SW indicated here is the same as what I played with in MPLS, Minnesoata on wednesday.

The Verizon rep said that they planned 2 software updates before release. I have no idea if this comment was credible or not. I'm thinking 10 days isn't much time to push out 2 updates...

Jamie
    Keep in mind Vodaphone is the 9500...we have the 9530....could be a diff OS for us.
    11-14-08 09:26 AM
    Coming in fast and furious. Thanks for the pics!
    11-14-08 09:32 AM
    So far in terms of lagging I only experienced it once when going through setup. Other than that it has been quite responsive.

The screen only takes around a second to orientate so not too much time hanging around there and typing using the screen is going to take a little bit of getting used to but is reasonably easy, just getting over the lack of physical keys to press!

In terms of how it stacks up speed wise against my Bold, I'd have to say very well. I have not tried any direct comparisons as yet but it certainly seems as quick shifting through the menu's etc.
    Well once you get that bad boy setup let us know your impression. also wanna hear your personal comparison of the storm v the bold.
    11-14-08 09:33 AM
    Only too glad to get a few pics up, just wish I could do more but will do once the sim is live!

I've got a new Macbook Pro so using the Storm is very similar apart from the element of typing text. I'll do my best with a write up on the Storm v Bold but unfortunately that may be more into the weekend.
    11-14-08 09:48 AM
    Keep it coming. I know there's more Vodafone users who picked up their Storms today than just Hitman!
    11-14-08 09:50 AM
    how is the click? is it very audible? is it mechanical and not be turned off? thank you
    11-14-08 09:54 AM
    how is the click? is it very audible? is it mechanical and not be turned off? thank you
    I was outdoors when I got to try out a Storm yesterday, I would imagine that it is an audible hardware click (like typing on a keyboard) as the screen literally 'clicks' when you press down on it.

I'm also interested to hear opinions on this from owners sitting in a quiet room.
    11-14-08 10:05 AM
    Yes, this would be good to know. I always laugh when I hear guys clicking away on their BBs while sitting on the can.
    11-14-08 10:16 AM
    Why is it taking so long for you to get set up? I can imagine them being swamped. You mentioned your sim card, has that not been installed yet? If these ? are out of line don't answer.
    11-14-08 10:39 AM
    The click on the Storm is almost the same as on my Bold.

Unfortunately as there have been a few thousand people that have received Storm's in the UK today, many like me new to Vodafone, they are a bit on the SLOW side with activations. I managed to speak to a CSR and was told that I would need to wait 24 hours, I almost cried...

I keep checking my Storm but still no activity but I'm hoping that will change sooner rather than later.
    11-14-08 10:48 AM

What's with the screen gap on the right and bottom? I thought that was supposed to be fixed or at least tightened up a bit. Take some more pics... this time how about settin your camera to Macro (you know, the little icon with a flower) before you take up-close pics please.
    11-14-08 10:50 AM

What's with the screen gap on the right and bottom? I thought that was supposed to be fixed or at least tightened up a bit. Take some more pics... this time how about settin your camera to Macro (you know, the little icon with a flower) before you take up-close pics please.
    Shame on you civic..
    11-14-08 10:55 AM
    Meh, Ill post the first pics, but im not doing the first review :P
    11-14-08 11:01 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD