Voters
165. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

92 55.76%
  • No

32 19.39%
  • don't have it yet

41 24.85%
    Ok, so I was just about to reply to this thread after playing with this app to say WHERE is much better than Poynt - found my location via GPS, pretty robust apps, etc., HOWEVER I just did a search on the Yellow Pages function and while it was 'searching', my backlight timed out and when I hit the screen or a button to turn it back on, my Storm was frozen, and I'm now doing a battery pull - not a good sign.

I'll keep it on my Storm and try it out for a few days, but if it's gonna freeze up my phone, it'll be deleted (as I had to do with Viigo too for the same problem)...
    03-05-09 09:35 AM
    I like this app a lot so far... unfortunately, I'm going to have to sacrifice another app or 2 to make room for it. I'm getting verrrry sick of the lack of application memory on this thing. how does RIM expect to run an app store when we have no room for new apps? I have like 850MB of system memory free... can't SOME of that go to app memory?
    I guess this is a bit off-topic... I just keep having this problem every time a nice new app comes out.
    03-05-09 09:38 AM
    is this US only ?
    WHERE is only in North America. For now...
    03-05-09 09:38 AM
    I like this app a lot so far... unfortunately, I'm going to have to sacrifice another app or 2 to make room for it. I'm getting verrrry sick of the lack of application memory on this thing. how does RIM expect to run an app store when we have no room for new apps? I have like 850MB of system memory free... can't SOME of that go to app memory?
    I guess this is a bit off-topic... I just keep having this problem every time a nice new app comes out.
    Just curious, but which and how many apps do you have on your phone?
    03-05-09 09:41 AM
    i wish there was a way to use google maps with this. anyone know?
    03-05-09 09:42 AM
    Anyone else having issues with the Yellow Pages function not finding business that you know are nearby?

I just did a search for Lowe's for example (need to go there today) and I know there's one about 3-5 miles from my work, and it won't show up. I also did a search for a Mall that's less than 10 miles away and that didn't show up either.

Anybody else having this problem?
    03-05-09 09:43 AM
    "...my backlight timed out and when I hit the screen or a button to turn it back on, my Storm was frozen, and I'm now doing a battery pull - not a good sign..."

But that happens with the storm a lot. Not necessarily an app problem as it is a Storm OS problem. My storm reboots randomly, which is becoming more rare with newer leaked OS's, and sometimes when clicking to turn on the Storm when receiving new messages. I've even had it reboot a few times when somebody tried to call. With this clunky OS, its really hard to tell who is to blame - OS or the apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-05-09 09:46 AM
    I like the app. I would love to see googlemaps supported in the next version
    03-05-09 09:47 AM
    This app looks cool, but it can't find my location. I've tried entering it manually and it still doesn't work.
    03-05-09 09:51 AM
    "...my backlight timed out and when I hit the screen or a button to turn it back on, my Storm was frozen, and I'm now doing a battery pull - not a good sign..."

But that happens with the storm a lot. Not necessarily an app problem as it is a Storm OS problem. My storm reboots randomly, which is becoming more rare with newer leaked OS's, and sometimes when clicking to turn on the Storm when receiving new messages. I've even had it reboot a few times when somebody tried to call. With this clunky OS, its really hard to tell who is to blame - OS or the apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I'm on OS .99 and that kind of freeze up hasn't been happening with my Storm at all. Saw it with Viigo a few times and deleted that app, and haven't seen it since til today with WHERE.

I'll let you know if I see any freeze ups again as I'll keep using WHERE for now...
    Anyone else having issues with the Yellow Pages function not finding business that you know are nearby?

I just did a search for Lowe's for example (need to go there today) and I know there's one about 3-5 miles from my work, and it won't show up. I also did a search for a Mall that's less than 10 miles away and that didn't show up either.

Anybody else having this problem?
    Yes. YP.com does nothing for me...app has huge potential and I love the layout but poynt is back in it's slot for now.
    This app looks cool, but it can't find my location. I've tried entering it manually and it still doesn't work.
    Try using only your zipcode...my street is too new to be recognized.
    03-05-09 09:52 AM
    That's too bad. YP.com not finding businesses could be a deal breaker for this app. I noticed Poynt uses SuperPages.com and I have had no problems finding business with that one...

Note: I just used the feedback option on WHERE to let them know about this YP issue. Hopefully they can correct it.
    Last edited by jmk32; 03-05-09 at 10:02 AM.
    03-05-09 09:53 AM
    I hope it will works in italy..
    03-05-09 09:57 AM
    Just curious, but which and how many apps do you have on your phone?
    Just a few
    twitterberry
    weatherbug
    google maps
    garmin mobile
    trapster
    ap mobile news
    GPSed
    scanR
    VisualArts
    slacker
    poynt
    google sync
    aerize alerts
    where
    speedtest
    repligo pdf reader
    tiltris
    nintaii

Kind of a lot, but I don't see why I shouldn't be able to have all of these (and many more).
    03-05-09 10:01 AM
    That's too bad. YP.com not finding businesses could be a deal breaker for this app. I noticed Poynt uses SuperPages.com and I have had no problems finding business with that one...

Note: I just used the feedback option on WHERE to let them know about this YP issue. Hopefully they can correct it.
    If you enter a business name or brand :example"exxon" in the top search feature - hit the enter key - voila !
    03-05-09 10:08 AM
    Just downloaded the app...didnt find my location through GPS, but seems to be a solid app. We'll see in a few days. It did locate gas prices after I manually put in my location.
    03-05-09 10:11 AM
    What the heck? How do you get back into the app after you close it? I download it, then when it's done I have an option to Run App. OK, but then if I close it I can't find it anywhere (no pun intended). What am I missing or is it a bug?
    03-05-09 10:11 AM
    If you enter a business name or brand :example"exxon" in the top search feature - hit the enter key - voila !
    Yes, that top box search feature is handy and I did searches that way as well as clicking the YP button, but my point was that not every business you input in that search are coming up...
    03-05-09 10:13 AM

Ok, just got a quick reply from the WHERE folks already about the YP business searches being incomplete:

"Thanks for reaching out to us. Yes we have heard that issue several times and we are working with Yellowpages to remedy the situation. Thanks for your patience."
    03-05-09 10:14 AM
    Have you tried a bat pull?
    I had the same problem and a batt pull solved all my problems.
    Works good but still a little rough around the edges still. Will be keeping my eye on this one.
    03-05-09 10:17 AM
    What the heck? How do you get back into the app after you close it? I download it, then when it's done I have an option to Run App. OK, but then if I close it I can't find it anywhere (no pun intended). What am I missing or is it a bug?
    Did you look in your "Downloads" folder?
    03-05-09 10:21 AM
    whats up with the "web registration" link? i can't find it on my storm?
    03-05-09 10:24 AM
    Hi,

For those of you who are having trouble setting your location. Make sure you have BB maps installed
    03-05-09 10:25 AM
    *shudder*
    ...there's an iphone user in here...
    03-05-09 10:28 AM
127 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD