Hey all. I've been busy and out of the loop for a while. I'm currently on .419 on my S1. What is the latest and greatest OS, and how do I get there?

Thanks,
    DC
    05-31-10 03:04 PM
    You're in the right forum to answer all your questions. As far as the latest, its a numbers game. Simple. The greatest, well that's all relative now isn't it? I mean, I may have seen the worlds tallest midget today but I'm not sure...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 05:32 PM
    If you want to gp up you only have one choice right now and that is 5.0.0.591 and I didn't care for the faster memory and battery drain. I am using lyricidals .419 based hybrid now, the one that says .608 in about screen, and feel it does really well for me. The biggest bug of .591 that bothered me was the keyboard issue with bbm and when using opera. You would have to reorient the screen after everytime the keyboard was used because it just be a white box taking up half the screen. Not sure if any hybrids fixed the issue but decided I wouldn't try anyway.

05-31-10 08:37 PM
    I was about to post the same question on here. I used to be obsessed with checking these forums for updates/hyrbrids but once .328 Official came out I have sat comfortably (for the most part). Lately my phone has been quirky and doing things that no one else seems to have had problems with. I'm taking it as a sign to check out what's new with the Betas. Anyone care to give a real brief summary of what's been added since .328 that might make it work switching? Otherwise I will probably just wipe my device and do a clean official install and not worry with the headache sometimes associated with hybrids

06-02-10 01:24 PM
    I think .419 straight beats out .328 anyday. I had better battery life and memory didn't leak nearly as much. There really isn't whole new features on any of the other OS's. I think the only new thing would be in .591 where when you lock the screen it keeps whatever was running in the background displayed on the lock screen instead of the dark screen.
    06-03-10 09:07 AM
    I think .419 straight beats out .328 anyday. I had better battery life and memory didn't leak nearly as much. There really isn't whole new features on any of the other OS's. I think the only new thing would be in .591 where when you lock the screen it keeps whatever was running in the background displayed on the lock screen instead of the dark screen.
    Thanks. That at least gives me some direction. I will start looking into the details of .419 now

06-03-10 09:29 AM
    I was using .419 and it started out pretty good, but after a month or so, just turned into crap with horrible memory etc. I went with Lyricidal's .705 Hybrid, and it is the best for me, so far. I went from booting with single digit memory on .419 to 34 with this OS, and the memory stays stable. I also shrunk the OS which I had never done before, so maybe that helps too.
    06-07-10 02:48 PM
    Shrinking the OS is a smart move in my opinion. Seeing as I only speak on language, I usually nix all other language files, docs-to-go, VZnav, and application center. It doesn't provide a crap-load more room, but it helps. I'm still waiting to see the Chinese leak come down. Although it may be a bigger disappointment than all that really affordable dry-wall they shipped us over the past few years.........They OWE us something good....
    06-07-10 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD