so i looked all over this forum and searched for it but cant seem to find it. i need a radio file specifically the .109 or others if they have a bundle in a download. the swap a radio is giving me unhandled exceptions and cant seem to swap it out. help please. im trying to add this radio and see if it works with the recent crackmans v5.1 cuz both .132 and .141 has been giving me crappy reception and call quality
    05-14-09 02:01 AM
    so i looked all over this forum and searched for it but cant seem to find it. i need a radio file specifically the .109 or others if they have a bundle in a download. the swap a radio is giving me unhandled exceptions and cant seem to swap it out. help please. im trying to add this radio and see if it works with the recent crackmans v5.1 cuz both .132 and .141 has been giving me crappy reception and call quality
    The radio files are contained in the loader files folder of the specific OS. If you want the .109 radio file, just install it to your computer and take it from the CDMA folder within the 9530-v4.7.0.109_P4.0.0.136 folder. If there is another OS you need, I can post that too since I have them all in my rapidshare account.

BlackBerry Storm 9530 OS 4.7.0.109

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ArmaK; 05-14-09 at 02:24 AM.
    05-14-09 02:19 AM
    do a search for swap-a-radio. It is a small program written by a crackberry member that will allow you to easily download any version radio file and it places it in the correct foolder so you can load it on the phone.

Edit.here, I found it:
    http://www.theiexplorers.com/bb/Swap-A-Radio.exe

and the thread is here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/sh...ricidal-193905
    Last edited by pmas; 05-14-09 at 05:47 AM.
    05-14-09 05:44 AM
    Off topic n not meant to hijack..
    But how do I tell which version radio file n gps is on my device without going through the comp.?
    I.e. Which module do I look at to see "on device"

05-14-09 08:43 AM
    Off topic n not meant to hijack..
    But how do I tell which version radio file n gps is on my device without going through the comp.?
    I.e. Which module do I look at to see "on device"

Check the platform (Menu> Options> About. Platform .162 is .132 radio and .174 is .141 radio.

Look in the modules for net_rim_bb_gps for the gps file version.

05-14-09 09:10 AM
    Check the platform (Menu> Options> About. Platform .162 is .132 radio and .174 is .141 radio.

Look in the modules for net_rim_bb_gps for the gps file version.

Unseenme u sir are awesome !!!
    Now back to our regularly scheduled topic

EDIT: I notice my cdma and phone module shows .109 but the platform is the one u stated for .132

Last edited by drifter420; 05-14-09 at 09:51 AM.
    05-14-09 09:31 AM
    Now back to our regularly scheduled topic

EDIT: I notice my cdma and phone module shows .109

The phone module isn't the same as the radio. Its an app just like everything else. The radio file is the platform the java is built around. It communicates (hence radio) with java files to complete the functions directed by the user (you). Plus it works as the communicator with VZW's network. Its a little confusing....actually a lot confusing .

05-14-09 09:52 AM
    *blushes*

Nah...I just can't put me Stormie down

But TYVM

05-14-09 10:04 AM
    You could also try Storm Shrink: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/st...ip3020-195720/

It has the 109 radio you need, plus many others if you want to try them out. Just make sure you keep all the other options as "Selected OS" so nothing else is changed.
    05-14-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD