Ok, so I'm new to BB (as of Nov 21st) and I've tried a couple of things in regards to email, contacts and calendar. I've solved the calendar and contact issue with Gmail but now I have another issue.

I just switched to Desktop Redirector and deleted my mail account fro the BIS (because it wasn't deleting messages or marking messages read on my device when I deleted or read them on my computer). I'm hoping the Redirector will do this.

So the problem: Where the heck does my email from my desktop go when it gets to my Storm. There's no mailbox for it. I notice when I type a message it says I can send from "Desktop" but I don't see that mailbox anywhere.

I've searched and I'm sure the answer is right in front of me but I just don't know where my mail is.

Appreciate the help from you long time BB users.
    12-05-08 04:18 PM
    I hope someone will be able to help. Sorry for the newb question.
    12-05-08 05:00 PM
    No help on this one?
    12-05-08 11:09 PM
    Are you using a POP email account to do Desktop Redirector I assume or a work email?

Either way, desktop redirector is simply forwarding you the emails to your phone. It will go into your default "Desktop" profile folder which is your "messages" folder. You can send and receive emails using the redirector as long as the email account is connected to the outlook server. BUT -- Wireless Reconcile is not available for desktop redirect accounts.

What email account could you not get wireless reconcile to work on.
    12-05-08 11:17 PM
    Are you saying that your email is not in the Messages?
    12-05-08 11:18 PM
    I will give this a try as I just got it working on my storm.... you have to create an other email account on your storm using the email setup wizard... just enter your desktops email address and its password. I have found that you need to have the DM up and running for a few hours in order for the address to propagate into the BIS system before attempting this setup... hope that helps
    12-05-08 11:21 PM
    ^^^ No. What you're describing is a simple BIS setup for an email account. What he's talking about is Desktop Redirector (when you don't want to use BIS polling). There is a difference.
    12-05-08 11:55 PM
    ^^^ No. What you're describing is a simple BIS setup for an email account. What he's talking about is Desktop Redirector (when you don't want to use BIS polling). There is a difference.
    Yes Civic, that is exactly what I mean and no, for some reason the messages are not showing up in the default messages folder. I can't figure that out. I think I'm going to try to uninstall and start all over. It does show my pin, it shows the messages that were sent. Everything seems fine but no messages. That's what left me so perplexed. Once I start over with BDM and redirector we'll see what happens.

Thanks for the help.
    12-06-08 12:07 AM
    Are you using a POP email account to do Desktop Redirector I assume or a work email?

Either way, desktop redirector is simply forwarding you the emails to your phone. It will go into your default "Desktop" profile folder which is your "messages" folder. You can send and receive emails using the redirector as long as the email account is connected to the outlook server. BUT -- Wireless Reconcile is not available for desktop redirect accounts.

What email account could you not get wireless reconcile to work on.
    Griff, that's what I thought. I figured it would just go to the "messages" folder but their not there. Can't figure it out. The redirector says it has sent messages but nothing. I'm going to uninstall and reinstall to see what happens.

Thanks.
    12-06-08 12:08 AM
    You do have the BB plugged into the PC when you're configuring the redirector right? You have to plug it in at least once to provision the service books over to it initially. In service books, you'll see the email address with [Desktop] after it. This is how you know you're running redirector for that email account.
    12-06-08 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD