05-18-09 06:29 PM
36 12
tools
    Shayda, I agree with you, I love surepress as well. And Ive said before, I really dont think I could go back to a traditional touch screen.

That said, Im not ruling out the new method just yet. As much as I love surepress, I cant say I wont like this new method. CX said its not totally like the iphones. I believe civic is onto something in her post. We may try this new method and love it. I think a lot of people who love surepress, were skeptical of it before trying it.

I guess the big question is, will surepress be on any future BB models.
    05-16-09 06:53 PM
    Nobody else was confused. OP is quick to take offense and whine.
    Woaaah...why come here and label me as someone quick to take offense and whine? I clearly said in my original post that "surepress is a great technology; and that RIM even won an award for it." Anyone who's ever seen my comments on crackberry would agree that I'm a HUGE advocate of the Storm, as well as Surepress. The point of the thread was to recover some facts on Surepress being done, just in case I missed it. Then DeaconBlue commented:

I find it hilarious that for months I've read posts from people complaining about the click screen, wishing it was pure touch like the iPhone and other touch screen phones. Now with just a rumor that the click screen will be gone in the Storm 2, we're flooded with complaints about that. Make up your minds, people!!! lol...
    If that's posted in my thread about wondering if there's any confirmation about Surepress being done, why would I not assume DeaconBlue was getting me confused with one of those ppl???? You would too. So to clear up any confusion, my response was...

Um yea, wrong thread to post this in. NEVER have I EVER complained about surepress. I don't even complain about OS .75. LOVE MY STORM AND LOVE MY SUREPRESS.
    This shows that I'm quick to take offense and whine? No, it shows that I wanted him to know that the group of ppl he was speaking on, was not a group that I associate myself with. And that I actually love my storm as well as my surepress. And as far as no one else being confused, kingeof stepped in and said this to DeaconBlue...

Youre talking about two different groups of people there
    So I wasnt the only one who felt that his statement was a lil out of context. I have nothing against DeaconBlue, and didn't get mad and flame him or anything. I just wanted him and everyone else to know that I actually love surepress, so I'm not one of those ppl who "need to make their minds up." I'm sure threads with those ppl do exist somewhere else tho. lol. Not a whiner, just like to clear up confusion on where I stand.
    05-17-09 10:28 AM
    Shayda, I agree with you, I love surepress as well. And Ive said before, I really dont think I could go back to a traditional touch screen.

That said, Im not ruling out the new method just yet. As much as I love surepress, I cant say I wont like this new method. CX said its not totally like the iphones. I believe civic is onto something in her post. We may try this new method and love it. I think a lot of people who love surepress, were skeptical of it before trying it.

I guess the big question is, will surepress be on any future BB models.
    Yea, I really hope its just improved upon. Surepress is what makes the Storm a touchscreen winner in my book. It even won an award for "Best Mobile Technology Breakthrough" for God's sake!

No way RIM would take an award winning, innovative feature and tamper with it just for the sake of tampering. Not this quick, I dont believe. I personally think that this "Truepress" that everyone is talkin' about is pretty much the same as Surepress, just a few improvements here or there.

Taking Surepress off of the Storm would be like making the Curve series phones larger...it's what sets the phone apart. Stick to the script RIM!
    05-17-09 10:39 AM
    CountryMod Patches says, "y'all quit yer bickerin' or i'll fetch me a hickory switch and tann y'all behinds!!!"
    05-17-09 01:15 PM
    I had that info about them dropping surepress a month ago : )

even posted about it. Ofcourse I was quickly told I didn't know what I was talking about.

I enjoy things like this : )

and before anybody ask's how I knew. A little birdie told me....
    05-17-09 01:47 PM
    welcome back CK...hope you learned to play nice with others.

btw, since they made rants/raves not count towards post counts, why aren't you back to zero already?

im only joking, we all know you contribute the "devil's advocate" opinion, and can bring to light very valid points. hope you keep your nose clean and continue to keep on doin' your thing, roomie!!!
    Last edited by patches152; 05-17-09 at 02:50 PM. Reason: mad props
    05-17-09 02:20 PM
    I always play nice : )

Now move over and quit hoggin the couch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 10:54 PM
    I always play nice : )

Now move over and quit hoggin the couch.

Wow, you have ventured out of r&r!

Earthquakes ftw!

05-17-09 11:04 PM
    CK is becoming a renissance man, mang!
    05-17-09 11:52 PM
    CK is becoming a renissance man, mang!
    Shh, don't tell him that posts in here don't count.
    05-17-09 11:55 PM
    confirmation?affirmation?potcountnotcountformation ?
    05-18-09 06:29 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD