Ok, I'm here on Crackberry everyday, and would like to believe that I dont really miss a beat. But here was a conversation that was had earlier:

agentsil
    i bought the storm because of the "click" and don't get me wrong but i love this phone very well built i dropped it from a third floor window, out of a moving car, out of a back pack riding a bike, dog ran away with it, and it still looks perfect all i have on it is a silicon case and a screen protector. the only problem i have with it is same with everyone else i cant stand the OS and yes i have upgraded. is there any way to give Verizon a sob story and have it traded for a different BB? no i don't want a storm 2 it looks like a pos rubber buttons and no click? wtf? there's no point in that. but a full keyboard with a stable os will make me a happy camper
    Me: Shaydakiss23
    Yea, just dont get the Storm 2. Storm 1 works great for me, and I look forward to seeing what the 2 has to offer. I'll tell you one thing it WILL have to offer, and thats a clicking screen!

RIM won and award for surepress...its a great technology and its not going anywhere my friend.
    austinarita99
    Um, are you joking me, have you even seen the new pictures and millions of reports on how the storm 2 will NOT have surepress technology?
    Get with the program.

First off, I didnt really appreciate the smart remark; definitely uncalled for. Secondly, yes, I have seen the photos and the Storm 2 looks to have the same separation between the screen and the frame as the 9530, which means there's most likely Surepress.

Like I said, I didnt think of myself as one to miss a beat on Crackberry, and maybe I missed this one. But where are there any official reports that RIM is doing away with Surepress on Storm 2??? Sure, ppl on Crackberry desire other methods and make rumors about it, but when was there a confirmation that there was no longer Surepress???

Send me that link please...
    05-16-09 09:34 AM
    Check out CX's posts here.

Lol. It's not just like the Iphones. When the device releases or someone gets ahold of it and does a review you will see. I'll refer you back to this thread.

Edit: Just because it does or does not have surepress, doesn't mean it's just like the iphone.
    Also read this, this and this.
    Last edited by paulmike3; 05-16-09 at 09:43 AM.
    05-16-09 09:39 AM
    First off, I didnt really appreciate the smart remark; definitely uncalled for. Secondly, yes, I have seen the photos and the Storm 2 looks to have the same separation between the screen and the frame as the 9530, which means there's most likely Surepress.

[/QUOTE]

Looking at the pictures myself I thought the same as you, the technology might change slightly, but i'm sure there will be a click ( or at the very least some other sort of responsive screen) on this next phone. The technology has worked wonders and once improved will be the future.
    05-16-09 09:55 AM
    I have heard it is not going to have suretype from some trustworthy people. It is a deal breaker for me as I only use suretype lol. I just hope OS 5.0 does not rid of it...
    05-16-09 10:00 AM
    Yea that's how i've been lookin at it. It might be improved upon, and the name may change, but the overall concept of surepress would remain. To the previous poster, thanks for the links. They still don't lead me to the belief that the concept of surepress is done.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-09 10:01 AM
    I have heard it is not going to have suretype from some trustworthy people. It is a deal breaker for me as I only use suretype lol. I just hope OS 5.0 does not rid of it...
    Sorry for the confusion. We're talking about surepress (click screen), not SureType. I only use SureType as well.

05-16-09 10:03 AM
    nothing has been confirmed anywhere. Everyone is going of the stupid unreliable reports again like always.

CXs comment is the first i have seen that hints at a change that i would believe. But again, we have not seen an specs on the phone and yet people around spreading rumors like is gospel.
    05-16-09 10:04 AM
    Yea, I personally LOVE surepress. So if it were completely changed, after I'm done with my 9530 I'd move on to a different model berry, not the next Storm.

05-16-09 10:08 AM
    I find it hilarious that for months I've read posts from people complaining about the click screen, wishing it was pure touch like the iPhone and other touch screen phones. Now with just a rumor that the click screen will be gone in the Storm 2, we're flooded with complaints about that. Make up your minds, people!!! lol...
    05-16-09 10:10 AM
    I find it hilarious that for months I've read posts from people complaining about the click screen, wishing it was pure touch like the iPhone and other touch screen phones. Now with just a rumor that the click screen will be gone in the Storm 2, we're flooded with complaints about that. Make up your minds, people!!! lol...
    Um yea, wrong thread to post this in. NEVER have I EVER complained about surepress. I don't even complain about OS .75. LOVE MY STORM AND LOVE MY SUREPRESS.

05-16-09 10:13 AM
    Sorry for the confusion. We're talking about surepress (click screen), not SureType. I only use SureType as well.

Yeah, I read it wrong, my bad. I still will miss sure press also though lol
    05-16-09 10:15 AM
    I actually like the click, too. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I seem to be one of the lucky ones whose screen actually clicks properly. I just upgraded my OS to 113 a couple weeks ago and it's better than 75 which I ran since launch day. I will wait to pass judgment on the storm 2 u ril I can actually play with it.

Last edited by davesax36; 05-16-09 at 10:29 AM.
    05-16-09 10:26 AM
    I found this post to be the most interesting on the subject -

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - View Single Post - The Official Blackberry Storm 2 Pre-release Thread

No idea about its validity, but it does sound like it makes a lot of sense. Just sounds like a much improved Surepress to me.
    05-16-09 10:37 AM
    Um yea, wrong thread to post this in. NEVER have I EVER complained about surepress. I don't even complain about OS .75. LOVE MY STORM AND LOVE MY SUREPRESS.

It was a general statement, not directed at you. Sorry for any confusion. I actually agree with you.
    05-16-09 10:39 AM
    nothing has been confirmed anywhere. Everyone is going of the stupid unreliable reports again like always.

CXs comment is the first i have seen that hints at a change that i would believe. But again, we have not seen an specs on the phone and yet people around spreading rumors like is gospel.
    Thank you!
    05-16-09 10:40 AM
    youre talking about two different groups of people there
    05-16-09 10:41 AM
    I really LOVE SurePress and would hate to see it go. Haptic feedback is totally different from the Storm's TACTILE SurePress feedback. Haptic feedback sucks - LG phones have it. No SurePress is a DEALBREAKER for me!

05-16-09 10:50 AM
    I just find it funny that i've yet to see any confirmation that the concept of Surepress is done, so for someone to tell me "get with the program" is hilarious to me.

05-16-09 10:52 AM
    youre talking about two different groups of people there
    If you read every poll that has been put up since November, the majority want a "click" screen, not just a touch. The minority has always been just a touch screen while second always went for an option.
    05-16-09 11:29 AM
    If you read every poll that has been put up since November, the majority want a "click" screen, not just a touch. The minority has always been just a touch screen while second always went for an option.
    Yea I just did a poll this week where the majority of ppl wanted to continue with the click screen. The next highest percentage was an iphone like touchscreen, but it was very far behind!

Surepress is a great technology...I personally love it. Sure, a few things could be imporoved upon (like having more than one button so that you can text fast without having to take your finger off of one key before you touch the other) but I dont think they'll completely change it. It'll most likely just be improved upon IMO.
    05-16-09 12:47 PM
    Just got this off of the main page:

Verizon�s upcoming BlackBerry releases: Tour, Pearl Flip, Atlas Storm 2 info : Boy Genius Report

Still coming from a ninja, and nothing is confirmed. Surepress is the Storm's selling point...why in sam he11 would RIM do away with it. Doing so would be a HUGE mistake IMO. Guess we'll just have to wait until we get some official docs or videos.
    05-16-09 12:53 PM
    Rest in peace "Sure Press"! You won't be missed by me.

05-16-09 03:44 PM
    Yea, I personally LOVE surepress. So if it were completely changed, after I'm done with my 9530 I'd move on to a different model berry, not the next Storm.

Thank god the Tour is on its way.

Then again, I'll probably give the "TruePress" (if that's really what they're going to call it) of the Storm 2 a fair shake before I write it off completely. When I first heard about SurePress I thought it was a horrible idea, but now I love it... so who knows.
    05-16-09 04:43 PM
    It was a general statement, not directed at you. Sorry for any confusion. I actually agree with you.
    Nobody else was confused. OP is quick to take offense and whine.
    05-16-09 06:02 PM
    I hope that no sure press is a rumor, it sets the storm apart from the rest.
    05-16-09 06:44 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD