or are you wiping everything another way? Just curious what the best way was to wipe. I have just been using that tutorial where at the end it asks you to type blackberry.
    01-12-09 11:09 PM
    You have to use the javaloader program to perform a wipe, so it's just a matter of if you use the jl_cmder front end or some other one to do it unless you prefer just using the javaloader program directly.
    01-12-09 11:13 PM
    crackutil from pete6 works great too...i just finished using it

it has a windows interface...nicer to look at
    01-12-09 11:14 PM
    You have to use the javaloader program to perform a wipe, so it's just a matter of if you use the jl_cmder front end or some other one to do it unless you prefer just using the javaloader program directly.
    yea i've been using the jl_cmder program where you type in blackberry at the end.
    01-12-09 11:15 PM
    I do use the jlcmdr and it works well for me.
    01-12-09 11:16 PM
    I strongly recommend jl_cmder. It is the 'true' wipe which cleans up everything including the OS because installing the new one. I've had the experience that my BB keeps rebooting or going dead once or twice a day after upgrading from 75 to 85 only using the wipe feature on the phone. After I did jl_cmder, it seemed to clean up some junk that caused the random reboot issue for me.
    01-12-09 11:23 PM
    there both the same...whatever suits your fancy...pete6's is more than just a wipe though. very nicely made program, checkit out
    01-12-09 11:24 PM
    I strongly recommend jl_cmder. It is the 'true' wipe which cleans up everything including the OS because installing the new one. I've had the experience that my BB keeps rebooting or going dead once or twice a day after upgrading from 75 to 85 only using the wipe feature on the phone. After I did jl_cmder, it seemed to clean up some junk that caused the random reboot issue for me.
    Crackutil is a bit more powerful THAN JL_Cmder
    01-12-09 11:30 PM
    Crackutil is a bit more powerful THAN JL_Cmder
    ?? In term of what Crackutil is more powerful than JL_cmder? I thought JL_cmder already does down-to-the-ground wipe.
    01-12-09 11:33 PM
    ?? In term of what Crackutil is more powerful than JL_cmder? I thought JL_cmder already does down-to-the-ground wipe.
    not my words...i was quoting this link...http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/

Read and decide for yourself...There is nothing wrong with JL, I used it until today. It's a matter of user preference
    Last edited by neolantis; 01-12-09 at 11:39 PM.
    01-12-09 11:34 PM
    Saying it's more powerful is a bit of a misnomer I'd say. It makes it easier to do some things, but I don't really think there's any difference in the capabilities of jl_cmder and CrackUtil. They both ultimately use javaloader to do everything, so they should have feature parity. CrackUtil just makes some things easier, like deleting or loading a specific module. But really all it's doing is trapping the javaloader output and putting it into a textbox or something for a Windows style app.
    01-13-09 12:31 AM
    I use toilet paper...

Seriously, I use javaloader in a DOS prompt beyotch!
    01-13-09 01:22 AM
    I use toilet paper...

Seriously, I use javaloader in a DOS prompt beyotch!
    Sorry. Had to
    01-13-09 02:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD