when will verizon release the official update and what version do you think it will be? is it possible a build higher then .86?
    01-12-09 12:05 PM
    no one knows...there will be a post when people find out...
    01-12-09 12:09 PM
    thanks don.just spoke with vz tech support she said rimm is going to release an update at the end of january.thats what she said that rimm told them to expect so i guess i answered my own question.
    01-12-09 12:18 PM
    i'd trust most VZW techs as far as i could throw em
    01-12-09 12:20 PM
    VZW reps have been wrong more times than I can count. It will be here when it gets here.
    01-12-09 12:24 PM
    when will verizon release the official update and what version do you think it will be? is it possible a build higher then .86?
    I am SO glad this has been asked because it's something that's never been covered. By never, I mean the last 30 minutes.
    01-12-09 01:42 PM
    Verizon wireless techs at corporate stores are employees of Flextronics and in no way are employeed by verizon they are generaly the most knowledgable in the store by leaps and bounds, and release information is generaly hard to come by at store level, and usualy just rumors past on from someone higher up on the corporate latter during a store visit. current rumor is january sometime.
    01-12-09 01:52 PM
    There are a lot of rumors and speculation but it will come when it comes. We all have to be patient.
    01-12-09 03:07 PM
    I would guess it will be a while... ONLY because the software isn't as stable as they would like it to be.. the last thing they need is updates that don't fix MOST of the issues.. over 500,000 units sold i think.. imagine once a month official updates. People will be screaming and flooding the call centers with.. where did my apps go? how come my phone is frozen on install!!! why aren't my contacts there!!! and the list goes on..

I say several months inbetween official verizon updates.
    01-12-09 03:24 PM
    Nobody knows, and who cares. It is simply a build that gets their seal of a approval. A bug that might be a show stopper to allow a build to move past QA might not affect you. So install the build, enjoy it and move back if you are not satisfied.
    01-12-09 04:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD