for example $10.00 is a little ridiculous to make a pictures bigger when someone calls (pictureID from toysoft). its just not that important to me to pay that much $ for it. pretty much all the apps that you would like to download are over $5.00 if they are gonna be charging for stuff the most i would want to pay is $2.00 or have them be free..

i just cant believe all these programs ive been seeing for the storm, how much there costing is just stupid. the phone is $500.00 alone the last thing i want to be doing is have to be paying for EVERY SINGLE app/program

im on this forum everyday looking for new stuff and i have downloaded all the free apps that i could to make the phone that much better (screenlock, talklock, buzzme, etc.) but i hope to start seeing more FREE programs in the future for the Storm.

Thanks to everyone that has been coming out with the helpful free programs!
    01-31-09 07:35 PM
    First, why should anyone develop applications (i.e. Their time) for free? Second, you generally get what you pay for. With that said, I would imagine that the app store will create quite a bit of competition which will make better quality apps available for better prices. Right now there are so few apps out for the Storm the developers can, and do, charge a premium.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 07:47 PM
    im just saying half of the prices for these apps are just ludicrous and not worth the $ their making you pay for somthing that you would barely see or use.
    01-31-09 08:02 PM
    well you dont always get what you pay for
    flipside
    a $20 app
    is aweful
    pointless
    dumb
    pointless
    01-31-09 08:38 PM
    I recently read that more apps are coming out. The developers and research teams that are working on them will be trying to compete with I Phone and hopefully they'll make it worth our while. so, I guess we have to be a bit more patient.
    01-31-09 09:28 PM
    How much do you think iPhone apps are? LoL. bout the same, if not a little cheaper. and they have dumb stuff like a red jewel to show you spent 1000 dollars on an application

People will buy anything shiny for the right price.
    01-31-09 09:34 PM
    First, why should anyone develop applications (i.e. Their time) for free? Second, you generally get what you pay for. With that said, I would imagine that the app store will create quite a bit of competition which will make better quality apps available for better prices. Right now there are so few apps out for the Storm the developers can, and do, charge a premium.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think there will be a lot of first time developers just trying some programs out and you also have the ability to make it ad supported. Then it's free and the developer can still make money. Plus there is logic in a low price. You might sell 200 programs at $20 a piece but wouldn't you rather sell 10,000 at $2 a piece?
    01-31-09 09:35 PM
    well you dont always get what you pay for
    flipside
    a $20 app
    is aweful
    pointless
    dumb
    pointless
    thank you, great example

I think there will be a lot of first time developers just trying some programs out and you also have the ability to make it ad supported. Then it's free and the developer can still make money. Plus there is logic in a low price. You might sell 200 programs at $20 a piece but wouldn't you rather sell 10,000 at $2 a piece?
    Exactly!
    02-01-09 02:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD