I tend to have alot of people I dont know that text me and need to save there numbers to my contacts. I cant find an option in a menu or any thing and I cant figure out how to copy and paste it (how I would do it on my WinMo phones, if the new number were "in" the message. But if it was from the sender my phone always used to give me an option in menu?)

Anything like this on BB's?

How do you guys save new numbers from texts (sms or mms) to contacts?

Thanks in advance.
    12-24-08 06:19 PM
    I tend to have alot of people I dont know that text me and need to save there numbers to my contacts. I cant find an option in a menu or any thing and I cant figure out how to copy and paste it (how I would do it on my WinMo phones, if the new number were "in" the message. But if it was from the sender my phone always used to give me an option in menu?)

Anything like this on BB's?

How do you guys save new numbers from texts (sms or mms) to contacts?

Thanks in advance.
    Scroll to number, Shift scroll to select. Menu, Copy, Paste to wherever.
    12-24-08 06:21 PM
    Scroll to number, Shift scroll to select. Menu, Copy, Paste to wherever.
    For the Storm, you just need to click on the number in the text message and select "add to contacts"
    12-24-08 06:28 PM
    Rukes....does that not add it as a new contact though? It does not allow you to add it to a contact that you already have in there correct?
    Example would be if you had your buddies old phone # and he got a new phone and texts you with his new number. If you do what you said it would just add it as a new contact correct instead of being able to add it to your buddy who is already in your phone as a contact?
    I cannot remember but I think that is the case, since it is something that I dont like at all.

Happy Holidays
    12-24-08 06:39 PM
    Right on! I tried to reword my searches, but to no avail...

I guess I tried that, but it was on earlier OS's. Plus the number was always at the top of the screen and my fat fingers either coulndt get the number to light up blue (to be able to select) or I was actually hitting the phones "shell" and not the screen? Either way, my bad..

But it works now! Thanks

BTW- If it was a current "friends" new number, that menu lets me copy it. But if its a "new" number, I can save a new contant..
    12-24-08 06:47 PM
    Soft menu then add to contacts

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 06:49 PM
    Yeah what they said. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 06:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD