Hello everyone. My Storm is fine, except when typing emails and texting, the back screen fades to Black sometimes when I am typing. Regular format screen will reappear after about 10 seconds, but the problem keeps on occuring, while I am typing.

Have tried soft reset a couple times and a hard reset once. Problem is still happening. Anyone have any comments or suggestions before I have to send it in for a refurbished one? Thanks for the help!

Tsmyth
    02-19-09 03:36 PM
    Impatient much? lol

Has this always happened or did it just start all of a sudden (possibly after an app install or something). Also, do you tend to pause while you type (thinking about what you're wanting to say more) because if you do that, it's the same as inactivity and the timeout you have for the screen going blank, it'll count as that. It doesn't matter what's actively running, if your timeout is low like 10 secs under screen/keyboard and you're typing along and then you stop to think about something you want to type about and that pause is equivalent to your timeout, guess what... it'll dim.

Now, if it just does it for ishts and grins, then you need to return it and get it replaced. If you do the swap within 30 days of purchase date, they'll swap it out for a new one. You can go into a store and have them do it or call 611 and ask for a Blackberry tech and explain what's up. Make sure they send a new one though if you call them because that's what you're entitled to within the first 30 days. After that, you get a refurb.
    02-19-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD