When you are text messaging some one is there a place to store short sentences that you text often, such as: call me, or let's meet for lunch etc?
    I am new to blackberry and I just purchased the storm and have been going through the set up menu and help and can not find my answer anywhere. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
    01-28-09 01:05 AM
    You could set up autotext entries for things you type frequently, yes. Go to Options>Autotext, hit Menu and select New.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 01:11 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply rr. I tried it and that does the trick. Thanks again!
    01-28-09 01:26 AM
    what about smileys? like in multitap on some phones..... you just press a button 3 times and the smiley of choice appears
    01-28-09 03:52 AM
    Most smilies only require 2 keystrokes, and the BlackBerry does not support graphical smilies in SMS. It's a text-only service. BlackBerry Messenger, however, does support graphical smilies in the app.
    01-28-09 08:47 AM
    You could set up autotext entries for things you type frequently, yes. Go to Options>Autotext, hit Menu and select New.

Hey RR,

Where do you find the options/autotext feature...been looking everywhere and can't fin it...

Running .90
    01-29-09 01:33 PM
    I'm not a Storm user, sorry. I assumed it would be a basic system option like on the Curve. Try the help function on your Storm.

01-29-09 02:32 PM
    Look for the wrench Icon. That is your Options. Click to enter. Look for Autotext and click. Once there, use your BB button to access the menu for functions/features.
    01-29-09 03:33 PM
    Can we store sentences without the hassle of typing things?
    02-15-09 04:28 AM
    Can we store sentences without the hassle of typing things?
    Yes. Once you create your first Auto Text I think you'll find it easy & useful.

~X

02-15-09 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD