just curious. Since RIM has leaked .86, does that mean .85 and before will not be official?
    01-13-09 09:30 AM
    First of all, RIM does not leak the OS's.

Second, no, it's possible the leaks are of newer versions than what Verizon plans to release as official.
    01-13-09 09:38 AM
    I think Verizon, personally, would have to be insane to make .85 or .83 official and not .86.

If you consider the culmination of everything RIM has done to the OS since .75 or .76 all the way up to .86, when RIM has one all encompassing release that they feel comfortable with, it's going to be amazing. Consider that it will be everything that they feel they've done right from all the various versions rolled into one mega release.

I know I decided to purchase a product from the right company when I see just how aggressive they've been at working through the software issues.
    01-13-09 09:39 AM
    I think Verizon, personally, would have to be insane to make .85 or .83 official and not .86.

If you consider the culmination of everything RIM has done to the OS since .75 or .76 all the way up to .86, when RIM has one all encompassing release that they feel comfortable with, it's going to be amazing. Consider that it will be everything that they feel they've done right from all the various versions rolled into one mega release.

I know I decided to purchase a product from the right company when I see just how aggressive they've been at working through the software issues.
    I have nothing really to add, but I wanted to say I am happy you are enjoying your Storm experience (I just read your sig, Optimus). I was beginning to wonder if anyone was finding this BB to be a pleasure to use rather than a horror. At any rate, carry on with the OP's original question. Sorry for the interruption.
    01-13-09 09:58 AM
    RIM doesn't decide which releases become official and which don't. Every release they put out (and someone else subsequently leaks) could be considered a release candidate. If the carrier is satisfied with it after their own bit of internal testing, they slap the official logo on it and kick it out the door. Otherwise they take a pass and wait for the next build.

But we really are being given the royal treatment by RIM. No other phone has ever had this many updates in such a short period of time; official or otherwise. So you can choose to be a pessimistic b@astard and say this is proof that the phone sucks, or you can choose to see it as RIM working very hard to try and make this phone into something great.
    01-13-09 10:16 AM
    I have nothing really to add, but I wanted to say I am happy you are enjoying your Storm experience (I just read your sig, Optimus). I was beginning to wonder if anyone was finding this BB to be a pleasure to use rather than a horror. At any rate, carry on with the OP's original question. Sorry for the interruption.
    I too, am loving this phone, especially since .86 was released. Makes this much more pleasurable to use than it already was. I can only imagine how much nice this phone will be once they've really figured it out!
    01-13-09 10:25 AM
    As a disclaimer, I have absolutely no info on this but it stands to reason that it is possible that a carrier will release a version that is a lower number than what might be out there.

A good example is vzw releasing 75 when bell had released 76.
    01-13-09 10:43 AM
    I dunno folks the leak makes me think that an official ota is getting closer. Mine was crap
    with .83 and .85 but is reacting well to .86. Less bugs

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD