I am only getting "Blackberry2" When I plug in my blackberry to my computer. I used to get Both 1 and 2, then it stopped on .75
    I upgraded to .85 and it still it having that problem... wwould anyone know how to fix this?
    01-02-09 04:14 PM
    Have you checked your settings to make sure mass media is turned on? Or off?
    01-02-09 04:26 PM
    both should be in my computer window... if you are using a pc. enable mass storage first tho as the above post indicates
    01-02-09 04:30 PM
    With your BB connected right-click on My Computer and choose Manage. Then on the left go to Disk Management. Then check your partitions for removable drives and make sure you're not overlapping on drive letters between USB devices and staticly assigned network drives (shares on another PC or server). Also make sure that your Media Card is inserted correctly. BB2 should be the Media Card though, but I would still check to be sure.
    01-02-09 04:34 PM
    Have you tried on another computer ?
    01-02-09 04:39 PM
    I should have mentioned im using Mac. And yes Mass Media is enabled, otherwise i wouldn't get "Blackberry2" I'd assume

EDIT -
    Another Computer, on my windows laptop (that I barely uses, its crap, but its the only way I can upgrade the phone) it DOES read Blackberry1

Anyone know Mac?
    Last edited by justinisloco; 01-02-09 at 04:45 PM.
    01-02-09 04:42 PM
    I have a MAC too and I am glad BB1 doesn't show up. Don't want to load anything on there by accident
    01-02-09 04:44 PM
    but then there's no way to really add ringtones, and play them through the Media... and other things as well
    01-02-09 04:47 PM
    sorry to bump... but anyone know how to fix it with mac settings?
    01-08-09 11:32 PM
    Why would you put ringtones on your phone instead of your microsd card? They work quite well from your SD card. My phone memory has almost NOTHING on it at all. Everything I do, comes from my MicroSD. This includes ringtones, vids, photos, & music.
    01-08-09 11:35 PM
    ok well lets just say I want to access my flash memory I know I have space there and i'd rather have my ringtones load up directly from the flash memory rather than the SD card, just in case for any reason

Does anyone know what I can do on my Mac settings to have blackberry1 show up? 2 already does, and it used to, but i wiped and started my whole computer over again
    Im running 10.5.6 leopard Intel based
    and .85 BB storm for Verizon
    01-09-09 12:03 AM
    just put them on the SDcard, and transfer them from the SD to the internal by using the phone options to do so...
    01-09-09 12:19 AM
    i have a mac and i only get BB2 as well. although that is really all i want. i put everything on that (pictures, music, ringtones, etc.). I wish I could put my games on it as well.

however, when i first got my Storm BB1 did show up. not real sure what happened to it, but not a big deal to me.
    01-09-09 12:25 AM
    Why would you put ringtones on your phone instead of your microsd card? They work quite well from your SD card. My phone memory has almost NOTHING on it at all. Everything I do, comes from my MicroSD. This includes ringtones, vids, photos, & music.
    The advantage of putting ringtones internally is to be able to use the ringtones when the storm is pluggeed into the pc.

As for the answer to the question it has to do with the 10.5.6 update. It's a bug (still waiting on an update)..for a work around, Install the blackberry itunes media sync and disable auto startup in the programs preferences when device is plugged in.
    Last edited by hudss; 01-09-09 at 12:48 AM.
    01-09-09 12:45 AM
    I don't know how to do that, I'm not a big user of iTunes, but I will search, thanks! thats the answer I was looking for, as long as I know it was an update and not my computer!
    01-09-09 06:31 AM
    I don't know how to do that, I'm not a big user of iTunes, but I will search, thanks! thats the answer I was looking for, as long as I know it was an update and not my computer!
    Install the mac preview..change preferences

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Media Sync – Tuned Up
    01-09-09 07:14 AM
    Just to add, I also have a Mac. My dad and I both have Storms, and upon upgrading to .75 Blackberry1 no longer shows up for either of them. It seems to just be a Storm -> Mac problem. Doesn't really affect me too much though.
    01-10-09 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD