Hey all, i figured before i event bothered dealing with Verizon i would see what everyone had to say here. It might save me a trip and some heartache.

Anyhow, here is the deal. Got the storm about a week ago (coming from 8330). I think the phone is great - minus some of the OS lags. I can put up with a slow(er) accelerometer but what i can't put up with are 1) screen clicks (actually depress of the screen) which are not registering and 2) it seems as though that when i go to answer my phone i pull it out, the screen rotates landscape (why, i have no clue) and when i click the answer button on the screen, the phone freezes and i have to do a battery pull and i miss my call. It doesn't freeze every time i answer the phone, but it has happened more than i would have liked since owning the device.

I mean, what's the point of a phone if it is this much of a hassle? Besides, i am eagerly awaiting my call from the NYPD to begin candidate processing and the phone just locked up when i tried to answer a phone call! Very, very aggravating.

So, do i go to swap it out for a new device? Do i reset to factory settings? Do i wait it out? Or, do i head back to the 8330?

I greatly appreciate any and all input. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Frambosie; 03-09-09 at 06:38 PM.
    03-09-09 06:35 PM
    ....2) it seems as though that when i go to answer my phone i pull it out, the screen rotates landscape (why, i have no clue) and when i click the answer button on the screen, the phone freezes and i have to do a battery pull and i miss my call. It doesn't freeze every time i answer the phone, but it has happened more than i would have liked since owning the device.....
    Initially, I rotated my holster to horizontal position, when I pulled out the phone to answer calls, the phone has to change from landscape to portrait, and it slowed down my ability to answer that call. Now I rotated the phone back to vertical position, I no longer have any problem answering phone calls.

In my humble opinion, these are just minor issues. Once you adapt to it, it is really no big deal. The phone has more upsides than downsides in my humble opinion.

But as I have been saying, this phone is not for everyone because of the learning curve. If you don't like it, you should return it for another phone.
    03-09-09 06:46 PM
    Hmm, interesting note on the horizontal info, I will have to rotate my holster back to vertical and see if that fixes my lag in answering a call!

Jim
    03-09-09 06:59 PM
    Have you upgraded the OS yet? It makes a huge difference in the phone. Plenty of threads here to get you going with that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-09-09 07:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD