oh wait..... you have to mod the iphone to make it a good device?
    negative...I said "an even more INCREDIBLE device"

Comprende amigo?
    02-17-09 11:18 PM

Comprende amigo?
    I know what you "said", but I suppose that the you think is inferior :/ iphone is far from incredible...
    02-17-09 11:26 PM

Comprende amigo?
    No, they only speak and understand BB bs.

02-17-09 11:32 PM
    I know what you "said", but I suppose that the you think is inferior :/ iphone is far from incredible...
    Wait! Let me guess, you either type your stellar response on a Storm, or you are QWERTY challanged...

02-17-09 11:37 PM
    Grass is always greener on the other side?

Not! I see enough of my gf's iPod + Phone to know it's not perfect. Right now, she's on the phone with her friend in Mass. My phone cause it holds a signal better (doesn't drop calls 2 blocks from U. Penn campus). And because she won't kill the battery on a 2 hr long yak session, despite my Storm having gone through a full day usage.
    02-17-09 11:37 PM

Not! I see enough of my gf's iPod + Phone to know it's not perfect. Right now, she's on the phone with her friend in Mass. My phone cause it holds a signal better (doesn't drop calls 2 blocks from U. Penn campus). And because she won't kill the battery on a 2 hr long yak session, despite my Storm having gone through a full day usage.
    The network and frequency that the iPhone operates on is the issue and that is due to the carrier. It has nothing to do with the phone. It does not perform much differently than the Bold does on AT&T from what I've read. If someone can provide empirical evidence otherwise than I will stand corrected. I was a Verizon customer for over 9 years, so spare me the kool-aid. The amount of dropped calls that i have experienced with the Storm has really surprised me, yet I understand that the packaging of the phone (probably most smartphones) makes reception/transmission more challenging due to internal components.
    02-17-09 11:50 PM
    Wait! Let me guess, you either type your stellar response on a Storm, or you are QWERTY challanged...

Please dont attack me with comments about my phone... It is my most prized possession
    Oh nevermind it is not because I use it to send text messages and make phone calls.
    I switched from the iphone(still have) because the storm looks better(fact). If you want to attack me through my possessions try one of these:
    Sony Vaio VGN-AR890U 17"
    Macbook pro MB604LL/A 17" (sux)
    Sharp aquos 46"
    x2 Technics SL1210MK5 + Denon DNX 1500 + Serato
    32gig touch ipod

I own many great devices!
    Last edited by aznheat; 02-18-09 at 12:08 AM.
    02-18-09 12:00 AM
    I know what you "said", but I suppose that the you think is inferior :/
    huh......... whut?

me no understand this sentence.

*forgot to mention are you a hot asian chick? I love me some asian women : )*
    Last edited by cereal killer; 02-18-09 at 12:14 AM.
    02-18-09 12:11 AM
    Please dont attack me with comments about my phone... It is my most prized possession
    Oh nevermind it is not because I use it to send text messages and make phone calls.
    I switched from the iphone(still have) because the storm looks better(fact).
    Looks huh? There is an intelligent decision.

I don't even need to address your other mainstream hardware drivel. Get some good stuff then we will chat. Technics = 1980's lame. And FWIW I used to be a Panasonic/Technics dealer.
    02-18-09 12:15 AM

Oh yeah Kuroshio? ...
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 02-18-09 at 11:18 AM. Reason: content moderation
    02-18-09 12:22 AM

I don't even need to address your other mainstream hardware drivel. Get some good stuff then we will chat. Technics = 1980's lame. And FWIW I used to be a Panasonic/Technics dealer.
    Yes looks, even you can get attention with the storm in your hands (i make anything i touch the most beautiful thing in the universe)
    The music that I spin was not around in the 1980's, try late 90's. Oh and vinyl is better quality than mp3's
    02-18-09 12:25 AM
    Oilbrnr the iphone can't even send MMS and I've heard correct me if I'm wrong it doesn't come with video... And the storms 3.2mp camera out does the iphones 2.0mp. I would say it has a few major flaws itself. I'm not saying the iphone isn't a great device but you cannot bash almost everything about the storm and go on and on about the iphone while calling people bb fanbois. Maybe some self evaluation is needed.

"Please re-read that last sentence in case it didn't sink in the first time BB fanboi."
    Last edited by marjama; 02-18-09 at 01:54 AM.
    02-18-09 01:43 AM
    The network and frequency that the iPhone operates on is the issue and that is due to the carrier. It has nothing to do with the phone. It does not perform much differently than the Bold does on AT&T from what I've read. If someone can provide empirical evidence otherwise than I will stand corrected. I was a Verizon customer for over 9 years, so spare me the kool-aid. The amount of dropped calls that i have experienced with the Storm has really surprised me, yet I understand that the packaging of the phone (probably most smartphones) makes reception/transmission more challenging due to internal components.
    Pick a name:
    iPhone
    iPod + Phone

If you're gonna excuse its inability to consistently fulfil the function of a phone (make, receive and carry on a phone conversation), I suggest name #2.
    02-18-09 09:21 AM
    ^thats a carrier issue Kuroshio not the phones. Stay on topic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 09:39 AM

I have been reading this bs whine session just laughing the whole time, but I have to put my foot down on this comment! I have been a club DJ for 9 years and Technics are not 1980s lame! They are in fact still industry standard and every club, that is worth playing in, has technics tables. Even if all turntables are used for any more is time-coded vinyl.

I really didn't want to chime in on this thread, but I have played on many decks and Technics are still the shizzle!
    02-18-09 10:44 AM
    The network and frequency that the iPhone operates on is the issue and that is due to the carrier. It has nothing to do with the phone.
    It has everything to do with the phone. We use them to make phone calls.

The iPhone is on an inferior network for a great # of people.
    02-18-09 10:45 AM
    the iphone talk...
    02-18-09 10:47 AM
    It has everything to do with the phone. We use them to make phone calls.

The iPhone is on an inferior network for a great # of people.
    The Bold and every other 3G phone on AT&T's network will have issues.

IT HAS TO DO WITH THE FREQUENCY THAT THEY USE, NOT THE DEVICES.

is that clear enough now?

And enough with the stupid MMS and camera BS. WHEN I can get the Storm to take a pic, I really can't tell a difference in picture quality between the two devices, we are talking a messily 1.2 MP delta. Neither are DSLRs nor do I expect them to be. I PERSONALLY don't have a need for video, which is a good thing since the my Storm at least with .75 will not record videos without errors. Solid! If video is a vital feature, then get a device that supports it and knock yourself out.

What is the big attraction to MMS anyway? So you can send stupid snapshots to friends who have dinky little cell phone displays? Meh...

Besides, do you REALLY think that MMS is not possible? Please, there is some political/business reason behind it not being implemented as a standard item on the iPhone. Same goes with copy and paste, which Apple has a few years experience with...
    02-18-09 11:15 AM
    I guess that's one way to address the iPhone shortcomings.

Who cares about an inferior camera, lack of MMS, lack of cut and paste, and lack of video recording?

I'll give you the fact that the camera isn't high quality but there is a difference between the images the iPhone snaps and the one the Storm snaps. (I'll concede the speed as well. Ridiculously slow)

But the fact that basic flip phones have MMS, the fact that cut and paste still isn't implemented despite numerous requests, and the fact that you cannot shoot video are all demerits. (Oh and I shoot video just fine with .75)
    02-18-09 11:34 AM
    I didn't say that the phone was unusable, just that having to "jimmy jack" your phone to get it to work is a joke. Battery cards, tightening screws, cooking up custom firemware etc.

It would seem that Blackberry loyalists almost have more blind devotion to a brand than Apple users.
    No, I'm still using OS .99. I've had 0 issues since I dl'ed it so I'm not downloading any more leaks unless theres vast improvements/new features. I'm too lazy to have to re-register some of my apps. My camera is fine and actually takes pictures with the same speed as my digital camera, typing is fine, video camera works fine, no memory leaks, battery last 3 days with little use, 2 days with normal to extensive use, accelometer works just fine, and my MMS works just fine. The entire phone is far better from when I got it on launch day and its a joy to use.

I haven't done a battery pull since downloading .99 when it was first leaked weeks ago. Only time the phone has reset itself is after installing new/updated apps that require a reset.

Some people just like having the latest and greatest OS...if that means using some tech wizardry to get a 9500 OS on a 9530 and vice versa, then so be it.

**** even when I had .75 I had 0 issues. It was just still a little slow.

.90 was the only OS I had that was a nightmare.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 02-18-09 at 12:38 PM.
    02-18-09 12:29 PM
    No, I'm still using OS .99. I've had 0 issues since I dl'ed it so I'm not downloading any more leaks unless theres vast improvements/new features. I'm too lazy to have to re-register some of my apps. My camera is fine and actually takes pictures with the same speed as my digital camera, typing is fine, video camera works fine, no memory leaks, battery last 3 days with little use, 2 days with normal to extensive use, accelometer works just fine, and my MMS works just fine. The entire phone is far better from when I got it on launch day and its a joy to use.

I haven't done a battery pull since downloading .99 when it was first leaked weeks ago. Only time the phone has reset itself is after installing new/updated apps that require a reset.

Some people just like having the latest and greatest OS...if that means using some tech wizardry to get a 9500 OS on a 9530 and vice versa, then so be it.

**** even when I had .75 I had 0 issues. It was just still a little slow.

.90 was the only OS I had that was a nightmare.
    I'm using .75 and actually find it quite snappy. I might have to gather the cojones to try a leak one of these days if it's really that much faster.
    02-18-09 12:44 PM
    Why are all of you iphone lovers spending time on bb forums?

We made our choice, make yours and live with it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 02:35 PM

lol, i like that, good post

man the fanboyism on both sides has run rampant in this topic.

I like my storm, a lot, but i had doubts when i started using it bone stock.
    I don't have a iphone to compare to, but i did get my wife a storm and and ipod touch the same day i got my storm

the touch's OS (i would think would be similar to the iphone) BLOWS the storms away, majorly.....i was extremely impressed with how easy it was to use, and fast.

after making some changes to the storms settings though, and learning it a bit, it is also very fast and solid (no leaked OS or anything, still the stock vzw OS version)

honestly, if the 2 phones were the same hardware wise, camera, vids, mms, etc, the iphone would win slighly because of the slick OS and ease of learn/use

but those "demerits" as mentioned above i think put them on a level playing field.

my .02
    02-18-09 02:59 PM

Ever consider that some of us have both devices?

02-18-09 03:51 PM
    Ever consider that some of us have both devices?

I am sure there are plenty of people that do, but this is a BB forum, why would you come here to try to prove that the iphone is better? That is just instigating a fight, and a pointless one at that.

The iphone has been out for quite a while and you are trying to compare it to a phone that has been out for 4 months. Get over it. The iphone is great, and I am sure most people are happy with it. The Storm is great, and over all most people are happy with it. (Keep in mind that the people here are way more into their phone than the average person.)

So where does that leave us? With two different phones that are over all loved by their users! GREAT!

Its the same with Mac v. PC. I love PC and think Macs are over priced and over rated. I know people who think Macs last much longer and are much better quality and PCs are always behind. However, I like the option of playing games, and they like to do photo editing. Different machines for different purposes and each have their own demographic. Go figure that two different machines would be used to do two different jobs...
    02-18-09 04:01 PM
88 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD