I've noticed that my Storm seems to "leak" memory from around 34Meg down to areound 20Meg - at which point I do a battery pull out of frustration. Will it ever recover memory on its own and if so, how do I force it to do so?

Note that I'm not looking for the memory cleaning that is done under the security options.

New BB user here so I'm still trying to pull together all of the factoids I've read.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by apetit; 12-13-08 at 08:58 PM.
    12-13-08 08:55 PM
    Leaving apps open that connect to the internet can drain it, are you running Facebook?
    12-13-08 08:59 PM
    Leaving apps open that connect to the internet can drain it, are you running Facebook?
    No, I try to be careful about closing out apps that I'm not using. Facebook, IM, etc., are things I don't use; I'm old enough to remember when programming in C was considered wasteful...

12-13-08 09:03 PM
    Have you downloaded any apps? Are you closing properly? (menu > close) Hitting the "end" key does not close apps. From the homescreen hit menu > switch app. You should only have 5 open. Home, call log, bbm, browser, and messages.
    12-13-08 09:10 PM
    Those are the 5 apps that I have running.

But I'm still curious if the Storm will recover the memory on its own or what do I need to do to force it to recover - other than a battery pull hopefully.

12-13-08 09:15 PM
    It will recover small amounts at various times...you should be running with more than 34 if you have not downloaded anything new. Check the memory opt in my signature to clear some up and you may be surprised.
    12-13-08 09:20 PM
    I do not understand "Check the memory opt in my signature to clear some up"

12-13-08 09:25 PM

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    12-13-08 09:32 PM

Sorry, I meant the "Memory Optimization" link in signature (below my Yogi quote).
    12-13-08 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD