Anyone else have this problem. When I connect my Storm to my PC, I get 2 hard drives
    11-23-08 01:17 PM
    not a problem.

1 is internal storm storage
    1 is the SD card.
    11-23-08 01:19 PM
    i don't think that's a problem. one's the onboard memory and one's the memory card.

be sure to eject both before disconnecting your storm from your usb cable!
    11-23-08 01:19 PM
    I dont get a prompt to disconnect!
    11-23-08 01:21 PM
    i'm talking from a mac user perspective.

in a finder window right click the BLACKBERRY 1 or BLACKBERRY 2 hard drive, right click eject.

pretty much the same thing with windows.

open "My Computer" and the hard drives should be shown there. right click and click eject or something similar.

now....that's assuming you're not using the desktop manager, which might take care of ejecting the blackberry for you (which i would assume would be the case)

again, i'm a mac user so i can't test the windows side of things but from experience i know what i wrote to be (generally and usually) true.

g'luck!
    11-23-08 01:24 PM
    not a problem.

1 is internal storm storage
    1 is the SD card.
    Simple as that.
    11-23-08 01:28 PM
    I was transferring all of my movies and music from my pearl card to my storm, made it to the 3rd movie and got an error, figured out it was because I transferred everything to my internal memory, you can rename the Internal and or the card, highly recommended...
    11-23-08 01:37 PM
    I dont get a prompt to disconnect!
    Sure you do. On a PC go to the lower right corner (by the time) and expand the options there, look for the little grey box with the green arrow over it. left click it and it will give you all the connected devices. Left click the one you want to disconnect, and your good to go.
    11-23-08 01:51 PM
    i also dont get a prompt for mass storage like I did with mt curve
    11-23-08 01:52 PM
    nevermind just figured out why, it wasnt enable! duh
    11-23-08 01:53 PM
    There is no prompt for disconnect or icon in the system tray in Vista, it recognizes the Storm as a portable device and lists it as such under My Computer.
    11-23-08 02:01 PM
    I think if you leave MTP on and don't have Mass Storage Support on , Vista will still allow you to see both drives and copy to it, but its very limited... Enable Mass Storage Support (I also disabled MTP) and now I can see all the guts of both drives, and can add/delete as I wish.
    11-23-08 02:05 PM
    Sure you do. On a PC go to the lower right corner (by the time) and expand the options there, look for the little grey box with the green arrow over it. left click it and it will give you all the connected devices. Left click the one you want to disconnect, and your good to go.
    I'll find the details later, as I have to go out for a bit, but this is *only* necessary if the external drive is using write acceleration, or caching, where windows "pretends* the writing to drive is finished even though it's really not. For devices not set up with this feature, "disconnecting* is unnecessary and irrelevant, as long as you're not in the middle of a transfer. You can go to Device Manager, <<the disk drive you want to alter>>, Policies and unselect "Enable write caching to the disc" and then choose "Optimize for quick removal".

Note that on my system, that is the default for this kind of device so no action was in fact necessary for instant disconnecting.

--bg
    11-23-08 02:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD