Only two months old. Battery drained almost all the way down today but caught it before it powered off. Plugged in the wall charger and verified it was charging on the screen but later it somehow shutdown all the way on its own. Unplugged battery and tried charging again and it starts off with the red LED being lit for about 30 seconds, the LED goes out and after about another 30 seconds I usually get a solid white screen with the empty battery icon that has a lightning bolt in blue going accross it. What exactly is this screen supposed to indicate to me? Left it charging for 30 plus minutes and still get no response from any of the buttons on the phone nor will it power on with anything I try. If I unplug the charger get the red LED again, then a small timer icon spinning, then the Blackberry screen where it appears to be starting up but about 1/4 the way the phone shuts off. Sometimes instead of the white battery charging screen mentioned above I only get a small stripe of white background and the rest of the screen is black. I get essentially the same results using a car charger. Weird, confused, any ideas? Battery fried somehow?
    04-28-10 01:01 AM
    Try doing a battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-10 01:12 AM
    Your battery may be fried. Are you using a genuine BlackBerry wall charger, or some $3 Chinese eBay special? I had one of those and it would always kill my battery instead of charging it.

Do this:

1. Make sure you are using a quality wall charger.
    2. Pull the battery and leave it out.
    3. Plug your phone into the wall charger.
    4. When you get the screen that has battery with an "X" through it, insert your battery and replace the battery cover.
    5. Leave it plugged in over night. Don't unplug it every thirty minutes to "check on it.". Leave it plugged in...all night.

If your battery is salvageable, this should her ot charging again. If its shot completely, then this probably won't work and you need a new battery.

Good luck!

04-28-10 09:17 AM
    Well, I noticed some think putting battery in freezer can help so put it in all last night. Tried charging again this morning and no luck getting it to turn on. Left it charging for 10 hours while at work and still would not turn on tonight and stuck on that white battery screen.

My colleague has a Storm1 so borrowed his battery and it turned on no problems. So, was just about to conclude my battery was indeed fried. He mentioned I should try his charger which I thought was a waste since I already tried my wall and car charger with no luck. Plugged it into his wall charger, it went to the screen where normally I would get the white screen with battery but had just a strip of white screen as I mentioned above, but amazingly after a couple minutes of charging it turned on by itself just fine! Left it charging for a few hours and the battery did slowly charge to half way in a couple hours.

Ironic thing is his charger is from his old Mototola phone that used mini USB and he put on a micro USB converter on it so he could use it with his BB and has been using it for over a year no problems.

So, perhaps I am pressing my luck, but phone was half way charged with his charger and he needed it back so I am trying my wall charger again and it appears to be charging (atleast the icon shows it is charging). Will have to see if it fully charges. The only theory I have is both the chargers I have with me are cheap chinese eBay items (never had a problem with these on many other phones ... also purchased the wall and car charger from different vendors) that I just bought (first time using them) to take with me when travelling (as I am now)and perhaps they just dont have enough enough power coming out of them to recover a severely drained battery. Seems like a stretch but only theory I have ...

Perhaps not related but I did have some weird behavior the morning before I had these charging problems. Had my alarm set and when it went off it went a bit crazy when trying to get it to turn off or snooze and it ended up calling my house at 6am with none of the keys functioning to stop the call until I pulled the battery. Anyways ...
    Last edited by twvette; 04-28-10 at 11:44 PM.
    04-28-10 11:41 PM
    It did end up charing to full with the potentially defective wall charger. However, while it is on the charger it is not useable. The screen does not respond or thinks I am pressing another button and does all kinds of weird things. When I unplug the charger it is still unuseable until I pull the battery and let it reboot reboot. Once this is done it works perfectly. Will have to see when I get home from travelling if my OEM charger has the same effect as this knock off charger.
    04-29-10 11:29 PM
    I am home now ... defiently a charger issue as my OEM works just fine and does not cause it to do weird things when charging.

Actually, I guess there is still some room for this to be a battery/phone problem where it just likes the voltage/current of the OEM compared to others that are within its specs but at perhaps a little higher or lower.
    05-03-10 12:11 PM
    My kids' charger for their NV2 phones kills my battery also. I have two non-OEM car chargers that work though. Maybe the current draw on the smaller chargers cause them to flake out.

05-03-10 12:21 PM
    Interesting comment. I am fairly sure before I trashed that charger it also said NV2 somewhere on it. I have another non-oem at work I just tried which says it is for BL9500 and has Type TGR-025 on the back of it and it works just fine.
    05-03-10 12:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD