True. I don't want html email though. I disable it on my computer as well.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-09 01:17 PM
    lol....love the avatar!
    10-16-09 01:36 PM
    True. I don't want html email though. I disable it on my computer as well.

Is your favorite drink water and your favorite color clear as well?

I and many others (despite security concerns and scare tactics) like my HTML eye-candy.

If you don't like HTML email, try to imagine hitting the web in text only.... oh wait, the BB Browser is pretty close to that. lol
    10-16-09 04:59 PM
    Yeah, the HTML limit always bites me when Corporate sends out some long missive about why they are now forced to... and I have to go find a computer to figure out if I have to look for a new job again. And it doesn't really seem like it is that long either. It's not like you can even say "send the rest".
    10-16-09 05:47 PM
    i agree, it bugs me...i can't send too many lulz per message...and it's frustrating

however to play devil's advocate here, RIM has never really done anything to directly benefit BIS users without it being a spinoff of an existing product or feature.

the reason BES can adjust the truncation size limit is because they pay a **** load...for us lowly consumer end users, we're stuck with whatever we get. doubt it'll change...however i hope that with LTE the situation adjusts to allow more end user benefits...especially for BIS users. the increased bandwidth capabilities are sorta getting my hopes up that RIM will catch up with network capacity...meaning if the network can carry it, then RIM will carry it too...that's my dream anyway
    10-16-09 06:32 PM
    i agree, it bugs me...i can't send too many lulz per message...and it's frustrating

however to play devil's advocate here, RIM has never really done anything to directly benefit BIS users without it being a spinoff of an existing product or feature.

the reason BES can adjust the truncation size limit is because they pay a **** load...for us lowly consumer end users, we're stuck with whatever we get. doubt it'll change...however i hope that with LTE the situation adjusts to allow more end user benefits...especially for BIS users. the increased bandwidth capabilities are sorta getting my hopes up that RIM will catch up with network capacity...meaning if the network can carry it, then RIM will carry it too...that's my dream anyway
    They'll start changing their ways when they start either losing customers or not get as many new ones because they're going somewhere else. Right now, there is NOTHING in the BB world that benefits consumers aside from the "want" to have BBM and a Blackberry because "it's trendy". I always try to educate all the people I run into that ask me about positives and negatives of all their smartphone choices. You'd be surprised how many get turned off when they realize that they can't sync their entire enterprise mailboxes without paying more for BES software and licensing. They're also turned off by the poor browsing and HTML email rendering, plus this email truncation issue. I told you guys... their time has come to step up or get out of the way. Apple started the march a couple of years ago and RIM kept partying like nothing was going on. Well, now they have a bunch of zombies (Apple, Google, MS's new 6.5 and 7, Palm, etc) all walking into the outskirts of town and they're ill prepared for the battle.
    10-16-09 08:00 PM
    I got a Berry because I loathe Windows Mobile and Palm left a bad taste in my mouth. Even with all the limitations, I find my Berry to be more well suited to me and my needs than either of those two (haven't tried. WebOS yet). That said, you're right, Civic, RIM needs to get their head back in the game.

10-16-09 08:17 PM
    They'll start changing their ways when they start either losing customers or not get as many new ones because they're going somewhere else. Right now, there is NOTHING in the BB world that benefits consumers aside from the "want" to have BBM and a Blackberry because "it's trendy". I always try to educate all the people I run into that ask me about positives and negatives of all their smartphone choices. You'd be surprised how many get turned off when they realize that they can't sync their entire enterprise mailboxes without paying more for BES software and licensing. They're also turned off by the poor browsing and HTML email rendering, plus this email truncation issue. I told you guys... their time has come to step up or get out of the way. Apple started the march a couple of years ago and RIM kept partying like nothing was going on. Well, now they have a bunch of zombies (Apple, Google, MS's new 6.5 and 7, Palm, etc) all walking into the outskirts of town and they're ill prepared for the battle.

agreed, but the other side of the coin is stability and ease of use. the phone just works more often than any other phone i've used...even the storm with all of it's problems...

but i'll be checking out android at the party tonight, we'll see what that brings to the table.
    10-16-09 08:35 PM
    I get emails truncated all the time too, for what its worth.

10-16-09 09:47 PM
    I'm sorry, what happened? There are boobs in a white T-shirt... I got distracted for a second...
    Second that!
    10-16-09 09:49 PM
    agreed, but the other side of the coin is stability and ease of use. the phone just works more often than any other phone i've used...even the storm with all of it's problems...

but i'll be checking out android at the party tonight, we'll see what that brings to the table.
    OK, truncating emails for stability and ease of use sake is like saying you get drunk every Friday night because you want the atomic mass of Cobalt to change by 2.

Translation: There's no correlation between the two.

Also, I don't think the first Android phone to Verizon will bring what some of us want. The flipout keyboard Moto is not that interesting... not when you've become used to a non-physical keyboard and don't want the bulk of flipouts anymore.
    10-16-09 11:13 PM
    i'm talking about the choice betwee devices, not that truncation specifically causes the stability...it was in context from what i quoted earlier...
    10-16-09 11:22 PM
    i'm talking about the choice betwee devices, not that truncation specifically causes the stability...it was in context from what i quoted earlier...
    So you're admitting you're hijacking the thread. You know, you can be added to certain lists for doing stuff like that in today's world. Or is it htat my rearing comprehension si week because I'vy had a few two manny.
    10-16-09 11:31 PM

So you're admitting you're hijacking the thread. You know, you can be added to certain lists for doing stuff like that in today's world. Or is it htat my rearing comprehension si week because I'vy had a few two manny.

highlighted the specific commented that spurred my response...

and yes, i'm sure i'm already on that list...more than once. and i'm having three too many right there with you
    10-16-09 11:46 PM
    highlighted the specific commented that spurred my response...

and yes, i'm sure i'm already on that list...more than once. and i'm having three too many right there with you
    Well, since you're talking about that part. I've had several users (corporate on Exchange) who ended up with iPhone rather then any other solution... including a BB with or without BES. It's been months and all I hear from them when I check in is how much they enjoy their phones. It does all their email stuff, 3rd party app support, and function as a stable phone for them. And they didn't have to cough up $100 for a BES license to the company.
    10-17-09 12:08 AM
    I found RIM's website and looked for a contact email.

On Company - Contact Information - Research In Motion , I found

Company or product inquiries: For more information about Research In Motion (RIM) and its products, email [email protected].

So I emailed this. I didn't expect a real response, or for anyone to even read it. But, I know there's a higher likelihood they'll consider change if I ***** to them, opposed to ******** about it on a third party forum. So, I went ahead and emailed this.

Hi,

I have noticed that certain emails I receive get truncated. Not because of large attachments, but because they are long.

The blackberry device's claim to fame is secure, push email. This is what makes it a valuable business tool compared to other smartphones.

However, if the device's inability to receive emails of reasonable size means I have to find a computer to sit down at to view an email, the blackberry becomes useless to me.

This would be too bad, since I've grown to really like RIM smartphones, but storage and bandwidth are becoming less of an issue everyday. I'm not referring to media so much as plain text email. It's almost 2010. I humbly request that RIM increase the email file size limit before it truncates emails so I can continue to use and enjoy the device. If not, I'll be forced to find a more modern solution.

Thanks,

I received an email back shortly after, saying that this was not the proper channel to submit my request through. It was quick enough that it had to've been automated. Thank you for contacting BlackBerryTechnical Support. The email you submitted has not been delivered. Please find many alternative support options below.

The alternative support options were a pay per ticket system where you pay to get questions answered, and referrals other technical service providers. However, I didn't require help. I wanted to contact RIM, that is why I clicked "contact us"

They couldn't do a better job of putting up a wall. I guess they don't want to hear from anybody.
    10-19-09 04:49 AM
    Crossposting this because obviously the "Blackberry General Forum" people are....

Really... WTF? It's almost 2010 RIM... wake the f*** up and take the limits off your servers. Geez!

BTW, I'm taking orders if anyone wants a T-Shirt. RIM employees get a discount.

I can make the shirt myself, but I'll take the woman wearing it.
    10-19-09 02:32 PM
    I'm with Civic on this. Every morning my NY Times email is truncated. But what I find even more frustrating is that with certain emails that have long "To" lists (ie: sent to 32 people, for example), my BB will truncate the "To" list which makes it impossible for me to reply to all the persons who were listed in the original email. This truncating of the "reply all" list can be VERY FRUSTRATING. When this happens, I have to wait until I can get to "real" computer to respond to the email.

IMHO, this is the most ridiculous limitation on this supposed "business" device. I understand there were reasons for the original limitation, but come on. That was then. This is now!
    FIX IT, RIM!

Rich
    Last edited by richs10; 10-24-09 at 09:24 AM.
    10-24-09 09:20 AM
    BTW, I not sure why this thread is in the Rants & Raves section. From the responses here, it is pretty clear this is a real issue that causes real problems for BIS users. And apparently one that RIM could easily remedy by adjusting the limits set by their own servers. JMO.

Rich
    10-24-09 09:47 AM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD