My accelerometer doesnt work sometimes too. this should be fixed in the next update right?
    We all hope so. But I'll believe that when I see it. An accelerometer is hardware. If they sourced a crappy one, no software update will ever fix it.
    11-23-08 07:58 AM
    Apparently the ota option is available on some Storms and not all. When I picked up my Storm, the store told me to use the ota option and download the "patch". When I went to that option - there was no over the air option to be found. Strange.
    11-23-08 08:08 AM
    Yah its possible its on your phone...... go look under options advance options and it will be at the very bottom it will say wireless update , if it dosent you need to go to option , advanced options , service book , highlight provisioning [otasl] click delete , undelete ... do this about 5 times .. then exit out go back to advanced options scroll to bottom and you will see wireless updates.
    I have followed these instructions and still don't see the option for wireless upgrade????

Any help
    11-23-08 08:15 AM
    Go to Options>Advanced Options>Scroll to bottom find Wireless Upgrade
    11-23-08 08:53 AM
    BTW No upgrades available as of 9:54 a.m. EDT
    11-23-08 08:54 AM
    hopefully today is the day (although realistically I expect an update come December)
    11-23-08 08:55 AM
    I have followed these instructions and still don't see the option for wireless upgrade????

Any help
    Keep deleting, and undeleting. Exit out to your homescreen and then come back in, to give it time to appear. It will eventually show up. I had to delete and undelete twice.
    11-23-08 08:58 AM
    just spoke to a blackberyy tech b4 with issues on my phone and he said there are gonna be a lot of updates coming but they wont be till early december....he told me they are getting alot of complaints on the phone...as expected
    11-23-08 08:59 AM
    Even when I scroll to the bottom of advanced options it's not available. Does it only appear when updates are ready?
    11-23-08 09:08 AM
    Yeah I have some complaints, but I know it will get better. We'll see or I might just have to goto the Curve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 09:08 AM
    Keep deleting, and undeleting. Exit out to your homescreen and then come back in, to give it time to appear. It will eventually show up. I had to delete and undelete twice.
    I have deleted and undeleted so many times, each time returning to the homescreen, I am getting figure ache!!

Perhaps it's not available on Vodafone UK?
    11-23-08 09:14 AM
    From Home screen go to Options>advanced options>service book>HIghlight Provisioning [OTASL] (do not click) then hit the bb button (menu button) and delete it. Then hit the bb button again and undelete. Do this a few times then go out to the home screen and go to options>advanced options> and page all the way down. You will see wireless update there go in and search for updates! enjoy
    11-23-08 09:23 AM
    Surely you all don't think you'll be able to update a 90MB or 100MB OS OTA do you? You can update certain modules OTA but it's not going to be an entire OS.
    11-23-08 09:30 AM
    Yah its possible its on your phone...... go look under options advance options and it will be at the very bottom it will say wireless update , if it dosent you need to go to option , advanced options , service book , highlight provisioning [otasl] click delete , undelete ... do this about 5 times .. then exit out go back to advanced options scroll to bottom and you will see wireless updates.
    I did it. It showed up fine. Sweet!!! still no upgrade available though.
    11-23-08 09:34 AM
    From Home screen go to Options>advanced options>service book>HIghlight Provisioning [OTASL] (do not click) then hit the bb button (menu button) and delete it. Then hit the bb button again and undelete. Do this a few times then go out to the home screen and go to options>advanced options> and page all the way down. You will see wireless update there go in and search for updates! enjoy
    Still nothing
    11-23-08 09:38 AM
    Surely you all don't think you'll be able to update a 90MB or 100MB OS OTA do you? You can update certain modules OTA but it's not going to be an entire OS.
    That's exactly what I was talking about. It would need some additional memory for OTA OS upgrade, since it does not let you install or run anything from the external memory.

The OTA provisioning people here are talking about is for service books, not for OS/application updates.. I think those will appear in the app center.
    11-23-08 09:39 AM
    That's exactly what I was talking about. It would need some additional memory for OTA OS upgrade, since it does not let you install or run anything from the external memory.

The OTA provisioning people here are talking about is for service books, not for OS/application updates.. I think those will appear in the app center.
    The wireless updates link under options > advanced options shows the current OS and then says to check for updates. That appears to be exactly what it looks like: A Wireless OTA OS Update.
    11-23-08 09:42 AM

Yes, you will be able to update certain modules/service books, etc. But not an entire OS. That's much too big a file to update OTA.
    11-23-08 09:44 AM
    Monday woulg be sweet lone the phone is awesome just needs a small update

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 09:56 AM
    It says that my Current version is 4.7.0.65. I thought some of you folks were running 4.7.0.82?

Yet when i go to upgrades it says that there aren't any????
    11-23-08 09:58 AM
    Everyone is running 4.7.0.65 OS

They are running the .82 platform that came on all the Storms.
    11-23-08 10:02 AM
    any one having issues with the storm such as barley responsive screen so frustrating ive uped the touch sensitivity to 6 after I put my IS shield on it just basically turned into non responsive junk. Barley highlights barley scrolls if at all have to press down on the screen 10 times to get somthing to go through somtimes it doesnt work at all. Im taking this mother fer back im so pissed and disapointed.
    11-23-08 10:09 AM
    on top of that im starting to see discoloration when i press on screen and the accelerometer speaks for itself
    11-23-08 10:10 AM
    RIM's future strategy also includes a sharper focus on wireless, or over-the-air (OTA), services, the source said. For example, the latest available version of the BlackBerry OS, v4.6, which currently is found on RIM's new BlackBerry Bold 9000 device, lets BES and BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) users upgrade their handheld OS wirelessly, directly from their BlackBerrys; no desktop computer, be it Mac or PC, is necessary.
    It seems that a total OS Upgrade should be possible in accordance with their statement.
    11-23-08 10:13 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD