I came up with a really funny picture that makes me laugh everytime I'm on a call and look down at the phone.

The picture i used was not big enough to be cropped down to 360x480 so i just pasted it on a black background in paint and cropped a black partial border around it with IrfanView.

Here's mine, what's yours?!

*PS - It's funnier if you can post it in use and not just as a plain background image. Use CaptureIT and just assign it to your right/left convenience key and call your voicemail then take a screenshot, post!
    01-20-09 10:58 PM
    I use stormlock

That image is funny though
    01-20-09 11:00 PM
    I use stormlock

That image is funny though
    hahahaha

I'm old school and never switched, though i will admit StormLock is alot more seamless, design-wise.

+1 for TalkLock for the cool slider though!
    01-20-09 11:02 PM
    hahahaha

I'm old school and never switched, though i will admit StormLock is alot more seamless, design-wise.

+1 for TalkLock for the cool slider though!
    TalkLock is free which is great. The only downside is it has memory leaks and the slider doesn't return to the start point if you don't slide it all the way. I had a few times where my cheek was able to slide the bar all the way over while on the phone. I like the slider idea it just needs a little more work.
    01-20-09 11:07 PM
    TalkLock is free which is great. The only downside is it has memory leaks and the slider doesn't return to the start point if you don't slide it all the way. I had a few times where my cheek was able to slide the bar all the way over while on the phone. I like the slider idea it just needs a little more work.
    ahh i see you're an early adopter like i was. BUT my friend, there has been an update or two that has solved both of those issues! The slider now snaps back if not slid all the way across in one motion. And the memory leak was fixed as well!

I'd say give it a shot but you have that pretty StormLock app that's worth a few pennies.
    01-20-09 11:11 PM
    PS - this is my thread!

Now back to the funny pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-20-09 11:16 PM
    ahh i see you're an early adopter like i was. BUT my friend, there has been an update or two that has solved both of those issues! The slider now snaps back if not slid all the way across in one motion. And the memory leak was fixed as well!

I'd say give it a shot but you have that pretty StormLock app that's worth a few pennies.
    Yeah, I never thought to go back and check if there was a new version. If I knew both those were fixed I would have just went the free route.

Two more things bugged me, is there a way to enable it again once you disable it. Like say I need to do something on my phone while I'm talking to someone, so I disable it. Now I want to talk on it again can I re-enable it? Also does it still run in the background the whole time? With stormlock it only launches the program when the phone app is launched, it doesn't hang out in the background all the time.

</ends the hijacking of your thread>
    01-20-09 11:21 PM
    Your pic is really funny. I didn't even realize it could be changed. I'm using what it came with. How do I assign a new pic?
    01-20-09 11:32 PM
    Two more things bugged me, is there a way to enable it again once you disable it. Like say I need to do something on my phone while I'm talking to someone, so I disable it. Now I want to talk on it again can I re-enable it? Also does it still run in the background the whole time? With stormlock it only launches the program when the phone app is launched, it doesn't hang out in the background all the time.

</ends the hijacking of your thread>
    Yeah, if you have to turn it off for something on you phone during a call, just get back into the phone app, hit the BB menu button, and "Lock Phone" (or something similar) should be an option up near the top of the menu. That will reactivate the TalkLock screen.
    01-20-09 11:33 PM
    what is the process to change the background b/c i followed the directions on talklocks website about putting a image in /device memory/ user/ talklock-background.png Is there a different way to do this?
    01-20-09 11:37 PM
    Your pic is really funny. I didn't even realize it could be changed. I'm using what it came with. How do I assign a new pic?
    I didn't know you could either, until just now.

5: How do I customize the background image on the lock screen?

A: Obtain a PNG format image file of your desired background. The image should be 360 pixels wide and 480 pixels tall. Save this on the device in the home/user folder of Device Memory with the name TalkLock-Background.png. You must do a full reboot before the background to restart TalkLock with the new background.
    01-21-09 12:15 AM
    I just went with an all black background to make it look cleaner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-21-09 12:24 AM
    Here is my background, since the time it came out..

01-21-09 12:28 AM
    Here was mine.... I'm now also using storm lock.

01-21-09 12:59 AM
    Where or how do u get a png file?

01-21-09 01:01 AM
    i loaded a .jpg in paint.net a photo editor and saved it to as a .png

*edit Also paint.net is a free photo editor...
    Last edited by Pyrobuzz; 01-21-09 at 01:23 AM.
    01-21-09 01:13 AM
    Can u do it from ur bb?

01-21-09 01:31 AM
    Can u do it from ur bb?

See post #1 on how i explained how i did it.

you have to access the device memory via your USB cable and drop the file in the user/home/ directory on your Storm.

Simply create any image file as a .png and save it with the correctly formatted name TalkLock-Background.png then drop it in the directory.

Battery pull or softreset and you are good to go.

**This thread isn't quite what i hoped for but there's been some really good ones. I'm not gonna lie, i might have to steal the last one with the screen shot of the call screen. That's a good idea.

Who else made a background?!
    01-21-09 02:11 PM
    Ok I just made one just you you
    01-21-09 03:13 PM
    Here was mine.... I'm now also using storm lock.

that is awesome, I'm using this, I haven't put it to my phone yet, but I can tell that would look awesome!
    01-21-09 03:23 PM
    quick question than i'll come back and post my background lol.

One of the posters was talking about the "upgraded" version of TalkLock, i'm using 1.0.1 and it has all the problems they were talking about. Anybody have a link to the get the newer version?

thanks
    01-21-09 03:51 PM
    Well nobody answered my questions but i'll post my background anyway.

lol hope you guys enjoy it.
    01-21-09 05:23 PM
    quick question than i'll come back and post my background lol.

One of the posters was talking about the "upgraded" version of TalkLock, i'm using 1.0.1 and it has all the problems they were talking about. Anybody have a link to the get the newer version?

thanks

I believe that the 1.0.1 version is the upgraded one. i haven't had any problems at all....
    01-21-09 05:38 PM
    I believe that the 1.0.1 version is the upgraded one. i haven't had any problems at all....
    yep 1.0.1 is the newest version. It fixes the problem with the slider not snapping back to the beginning if it's not slid all the way open.

Otherwise it used to slide halfway, then stay there, then potentially your cheek could slide it the rest of the way.

It also fixes memory leak issues.

Works for me!

Nice background ninja!

Ironman is sweet too!
    01-21-09 06:33 PM
    Since .png files support transparency. Would a transparent or translucent .png allow you to see your actual screen, while still locking it?
    01-21-09 06:51 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD