After a week it started getting slow. I read up on here about the UI Lag fix that is supposed to be coming, is there any temp fix for this? Ive turned my sensitivity and click speed all the way up. (the touch screen responds great, just the processing time is laggy, always inhibited between menu screens)

My battery life is crap, i can use half of it in just a couple of hours using messenger and email. I thought the battery life was supposed to be ridiculous on these phones (Maybe being in my pocket on lock is draining it?)

And when i put pictures on it (just tried 3 pictures this time ) from my computer it gets REALLY slow responding and i have to delete them and charge it again to get the speed back.

I don't think its the phone being faulty, but this is my first blackberry and i want to get the most out of it.
    01-24-09 12:08 PM
    Welcome to Crackberry and the Storm.

It's not you, it's your device. Go to the Rant/Rave board... some people randomly have NO problems with their Storm (though most of us don't believe them...)

And most people have a varying amount of random trouble as you have described.

Hang tight. They keep saying that all the problems will be solved come judgment day... erm.. I mean By about March or April...
    01-24-09 12:13 PM
    .90 OS speeds it up alot but its a leak OS. i think in your case a battery pull will help then wait for the new OFFICIAL OS. should be coming soon, i'm thinking next week.
    01-24-09 12:14 PM
    First check and make sure that you've actually closed the apps you've been running. If you have several running in the background, close 'em. Occasionally clean your memory and an periodic battery pull will help a great deal.
    01-24-09 12:18 PM
    i have no problems at all with my storm (like some people dont believe ) my battery life last atleast 2 days plus with heavy use. and i have no lag at all... i suggest you update to .90 it is a major improvement. In order to get better battery life , go to option , mobile network, then change global to 1xev , that will increase you battery life alot . also go turn your phone side ways, bring up the keybored , lock in !?123 and type /"/"/ and it will bring you to a logging screeen, click the first one and select hide all types. then click save and clear the log this will speed up the phone.

EDIT: also go to option advanced options GPS , then turn to e911 for increased battery life.
    Last edited by sooks; 01-24-09 at 12:29 PM. Reason: adding
    01-24-09 12:19 PM
    i have no problems at all with my storm (like some people dont believe ) my battery life last atleast 2 days plus with heavy use. and i have no lag at all... i suggest you update to .90 it is a major improvement. In order to get better battery life , go to option , mobile network, then change global to 1xev , that will increase you battery life alot . also go turn your phone side ways, bring up the keybored , lock in !?123 and type /"/"/ and it will bring you to a logging screeen, click the first one and select hide all types. then click save and clear the log this will speed up the phone.

EDIT: also go to option advanced options GPS , then turn to e911 for increased battery life.
    The current official os's when in your pocket the screen can get pressed and constantly change what is displayed making the backlight light up and display the screen is locked dialogue. The latest os starting with .85 change that so only hard buttons cause the screen to light up and show the screen locked dialogue. With every new battery if you let it drain completely and then charge it fully and let it drain with use several times the battery life seems to fair better.
    01-24-09 12:47 PM
    Ok I followed all of your instructions. And with the battery pull, you mean just remove the battery for a few minutes and then replace it right?

My phone lags bad swapping orientation from portrait to landscape.

but I just removed all the buttons from my home screen that i didn't use and I'm exiting all screens using "Close" not the red end call button.
    01-24-09 01:27 PM
    download os .90, works perfectly.
    01-24-09 01:30 PM
    You should download an application called Quickpull from the Crackberry Software store. It's free (IIRC) and will allow you to simulate a battery pull without actually having to physically pull the battery. By resetting your phone every couple days you clear up memory (I actually reset mine once a day normally). Go to options-memory and check your app memory. If it's below 10MB that may be cause for your slowdown. Obviously if you've already done the battery pull and it's still slow, then that's not it.

As for your battery life, I would be inclined to say that you simply have a defective battery. There are a LOT of them out there. I might suggest you go to Verizon and explain to them that your battery only lasts a couple hours and you think it might be defective. They *should* give you a new one. I have two batteries and they each last two to three days with light use and I have GPS and Bluetooth services on. Obviously, if you use the media player a lot, use your web service a lot, or make a lot of phone calls you can kill the battery in half a day. That's why I have a spare. But from what you are describing that's not the case.

This phone is a little quirky, but I think it's the best thing since beer. You just have to learn the quirks and then working with them just becomes habit and soon you don't even think about it.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 01-24-09 at 02:12 PM. Reason: edit
    01-24-09 02:07 PM
    a better question is, "what's right with my 9530." much shorter list, ha. sorry.
    And you would know this because you DON'T have a 9530? Yeah, that makes sense..................
    01-24-09 02:22 PM

Thanks for the tip. /"/"/ what exactly is that log for and are there any other hidden logs that you know of
    Not just for speeding up the phone, but I scrolled thru that log and saw web info that I had gone to. and it even logged what action I took when i
    Got a phone it actually logged that I hit the ignore button
    01-24-09 02:57 PM
    .90 OS speeds it up alot but its a leak OS. i think in your case a battery pull will help then wait for the new OFFICIAL OS. should be coming soon, i'm thinking next week.
    Where do you get your info about it probably coming out next week?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-09 02:59 PM
    i downloaded and installed .90, alot more responsive so far. im happy for now. :P

I also downloaded and used quickpull, its easy enough to use.

I really like how the screen lock doesnt flash in .90 just because you tap the screen. I bet that was the source of my battery drain.
    Last edited by Halbrooks; 01-24-09 at 03:39 PM.
    01-24-09 03:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD