I find it as one more thing i have to open up and select just so the 'New MSG' icon will disappear completely.

For example, when you get an email, the new MSG icon will appear next to it.. When you have a missed call, there is an icon for that on the main screen. So what's the point of the Messages folder?
    05-18-09 09:00 PM
    I separate the call log, Messages and SMS into their own folders/applications.

My Message folder is distinctly for my e-mails (and I set the option to show no calls).
    05-18-09 09:08 PM
    The general messages folder is like a catch all. As far as missed calls go into call logs>options>call logging>show these call log types in message list: none. This way it will just show in call log.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 09:09 PM
    I seperate everything, and then put the messages folder inside my applications folder so i dont have to see it!!!
    Messages is like the "main center" for everything that goes on on your device. P.S. you can set call logs to not appear in Messages by pressing the green send key, BB/menu button, Options, Call Logging, None.

I hide all my email icons and use the Messages icon so I don't have to read them in the email icon and messages folder.
    Thats the main button I use for e-mails but themes can change the exact purpose of the messaging folder from what ive seen.

Right now my messages folder is my goto folder. It has all my emails and missed calls which is pretty much what I need to see.
    05-18-09 09:10 PM
    That explains a lot.. I didnt even think about separating it all out, but i already had the Calls taken out of there..

I guess you either love the Messages folder, or you hate it.

And while we're here...

Why can't i click 'Save' when i edit a folder COME ONN i know it's been said before but has anyone figured it out?
    05-18-09 09:16 PM
    That explains a lot.. I didnt even think about separating it all out, but i already had the Calls taken out of there..

And while we're here...

Why can't i click 'Save' when i edit a folder COME ONN i know it's been said before but has anyone figured it out?
    What do you mean you can't click Save when editing folders? I just tried it and I was able to...
    EDIT: Nevermind. In my crazy head, I thought I did. Guess I didn't..
    05-18-09 09:18 PM

And while we're here...

try clicking around the button (sometimes, its not really "centered") try click on the top left corner of the save button
    05-18-09 09:20 PM
    try clicking around the button (sometimes, its not really "centered") try click on the top left corner of the save button
    Well what do you know? This worked! Thanks!

Although, I had to click in the empty space way underneath the button, but I saw the button do the depress animation and it worked. Thanks, Drift!
    05-18-09 09:21 PM
    The Save button in the Folder options will also work easily in landscape mode.
    05-18-09 09:39 PM
    I use the messages list as a catch all and hide my individual email icons
    05-18-09 09:41 PM
    Well what do you know? This worked! Thanks!

Although, I had to click in the empty space way underneath the button, but I saw the button do the depress animation and it worked. Thanks, Drift!
    lol, no problem, glad i could help
    05-18-09 09:43 PM
    I use the messages folder for all my mms sms and email accounts.
    I also keep all of my apps in the app folder. Except for 2 or 3.
    Same thing with games and so on.
    I just prefer a cleaner main screen.
    All I show on my main is 16 icons.
    That way there's no fumbling around looking for anything.
    I don't mind having to open 2 folders as long as I have an uncluttered desktop.
    But that's just me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-18-09 10:27 PM
    I have my SMS, MMS, and email go to the Messages folder. Technically, they are all some kind of message (text message, picture message, and email).

Helps to keep the number of icons on-screen low
    05-18-09 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD