Alright, I'm a recent convert to the Blackberry. Upgraded a couple of times, curr ently running .109 I'm reading that we are getting close to a "gold code," release candidate, whatever name you want to call it, a build that is considerably higher than the current leak.

Why bother reporting results on a beta that is long discarded?

Is it just for ourselves, so WE won't load and use a beta that is worse than what we already have. We cannot be providing any useful information to RIM if the working beta is way beyond what we are currently playing with.

I guess for me, I won't be doing any more upgrading, for no other reason, the wrinkles to doing so, calendar duplications, SplashID database errors and such.

b.b.
    02-27-09 09:22 AM
    Its just for ourselves.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-09 09:40 AM
    Definitely an internal (i.e. community-based benefit discussion). The average user isn't even aware that there are leaked OS'es available. I have dozens of Storm users in my immediate organization, and there are probably two (myself included) that have any concept that there is something out there besides the official Verizon release.

The discussion around findings, in my opinion, is for the primary benefit of those willing and adventurous enough to jump in and install a beta on their device.
    02-27-09 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD