Dear all,

I am planning to buy storm 2. Please advise what OS is the best where I wont be experiencing freezes, error and others. I mean the perfect OS for the storm 2. I just sold my onyx as I was bored with it. What must I prepare to use this storm 2. Thank you.
    05-29-10 02:12 PM
    I've had my Storm 2 since 10/29 and I still don't know what the best OS is! It seems like some versions work better on some models than others. I am ready to try another upgrade and even after reading all of the Hybrid links, I still can't decide!
    05-29-10 02:22 PM
    I really liked .517 from Sasketel, but experimented with some hybrids. Right now I am running Alexander Ekin's .662 hybrid over .607 and find it to be very stable. Battery life is great. Memory is 113 with many apps. No problems with back key. Overall, I think that this is the best OS of the several that I have tried. Upgrade to OS6 will not be automatic - I'll wait to read the reviews when it comes out before making the jump. There will be a zillion opinions on which is the best OS - I offer you mine.
    05-29-10 03:15 PM
    Personally Hybrids are much better for a Storm 2 than any leaked or official OS. My favorite right now is Willboy's v2.2. The link is in my signiture
    05-30-10 02:01 AM
    until this past thursday i always used the stock os, but was reading all the hype about hybrid os that i decided to try one out, seems to be running smoother than what it was before.
    05-30-10 06:19 AM
    Dear all,

I am planning to buy storm 2. Please advise what OS is the best where I wont be experiencing freezes, error and others. I mean the perfect OS for the storm 2. I just sold my onyx as I was bored with it. What must I prepare to use this storm 2. Thank you.
    So you're buying a phone with the expectation of freezes and other various errors?
    05-30-10 06:22 AM
    So you're buying a phone with the expectation of freezes and other various errors?
    oh good morning theone01 lol i think he has just read too many threads about the storm lagging or freezing up with .607
    Last edited by joe_fresh; 05-30-10 at 06:28 AM.
    05-30-10 06:24 AM
    Where can I find these hybrids? I am currently using the latest release that Verizon authorized and it is horrible.
    05-30-10 06:37 AM
    You can find a variety of hybrids at bbhybrids.net. I'm currently using a 9550/9520 - .692 Hybrid (517/580-Based) by lyricidal, and I really like it. I've tried others, but this version works best for me.

Hybrid: 9550/9520 - .692 Hybrid (517/580-Based) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums

OS: 5.0.0.517 (Official) - Downloads - BBHybrids Forums
    05-30-10 12:35 PM
    I am still waiting for the perfect storm.....
    05-30-10 12:42 PM
    .517 hands down. Slap a hybrid over it and you're good to go.
    05-30-10 12:47 PM
    Well the 9520 got .669 official. I have been running it for some hours now and my storm is now much closer to what I was expecting. But generally I have found that new OS's can have flukes and some definitely more than others, but in the long run newer is better

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-10 02:16 PM
    Where can I find these hybrids? I am currently using the latest release that Verizon authorized and it is horrible.
    Driphter.com 'nough said
    05-30-10 06:19 PM
    I really liked .517 from Sasketel, but experimented with some hybrids. Right now I am running Alexander Ekin's .662 hybrid over .607 and find it to be very stable. Battery life is great. Memory is 113 with many apps. No problems with back key. Overall, I think that this is the best OS of the several that I have tried. Upgrade to OS6 will not be automatic - I'll wait to read the reviews when it comes out before making the jump. There will be a zillion opinions on which is the best OS - I offer you mine.
    hi,

I just bought my storm 2 yesterday, i checked and it is using OS .607. so far perfect, no lagging and freezes at all..but in case anything comes out. I would like to use this hybrid u r using now..can u give me the link or something..?

I would like to try out some of the gys mentioned 517/ 607 hybrid but i thought a later version shud be better. anyway I would like to keep the links for future preparation..

another thing, my battery sucks. down from 100 to 60 in 4hrs by normal usage n chatting...???? or maybe this is a new phone n battery..any comment ? How long do your storms last..? Thank you very much guys...!
    05-31-10 04:31 AM
    Hey I just recently got my Storm 9520 (T-mobile UK) The OS is .436 I think shoul;d I upgrade? - bit nervous don't want to screw it up, Also can some Plz explain Hybrids to me what are they n the benefits thnx.
    05-31-10 08:22 AM
    .517 hands down. Slap a hybrid over it and you're good to go.
    DItto. This is working best for me right now. Has been for the past month or so.
    05-31-10 09:54 AM
    how do you install these? I downloaded some and after installed them on my pc..I start the desktop manager but nothing....right now I have the .607
    05-31-10 02:33 PM
    how do you install these? I downloaded some and after installed them on my pc..I start the desktop manager but nothing....right now I have the .607
    Well, I had the OS listed in my signature, and was quite happy with it, but now I have .607, installed by accident yesterday! On my phone I was never able to get an upgrade over the "wireless upgrade" option, I guess because I had the hybrid installed and it always thought I was "upgraded." I plugged my phone into the computer to charge it while I was working. I went to BB Desk Manager and asked it to look for any upgrades (for the Manager), as I do once-in-a-while, and it told me there was an upgrade available so I told it to "go for it!" Well in a quick instant, I realized it started upgrading my OS to .607! I didn't want to unplug it for fear of bricking it so I had to let it go. So now I have .607, with no hybrid, running on my S2. So far it seems OK, except I get an "Uncaught exception: java.lang.NullPointerException" each time I reboot! Should I just reinstall it?
    06-01-10 09:27 AM
    I am still waiting for the perfect storm.....
    Unfortunately, as with all things in life, the "perfect" Storm is probably never going to happen! I love my S2 and look forward to getting an S3 when it comes out...if RIM can make the same level of improvements in the jump from S1 to S2, then the S3 may just be the closet thing we can get!
    06-01-10 09:47 AM
    One that works!!!
    06-01-10 10:59 AM
    I set my phone's gps off, and set to 2G and the battery works excellent. now my phone can last for 24hrs with frequent bbm message n few calls and short browsing.... I was goin to buy an extended seidio battery but now I dont need it... my phone with OS 607 never had a single freeze or any error... I have my YM and MSN n facebook on all the time + my incoming company emails around 100 per day non stop..Im just curious why many said 607 sucks.. or maybe different countries with different provider results in different performance...Happy no regret changing from onyx to storm2, except the mistyping, hopefully will get used to it soon
    06-01-10 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD