Let me first say that I hate the latest OS I downloaded; wish I had never done it.

But even more so the last 3-4 days.... don't know if its BB or verizon problem but i'm having to do battery pull MANY times each day due to device freezing up ( in various ways such as touch screen all of sudden not working. device getting stuck sending or deleting something......)

Last 3-4 days all of above been happening much more than normal. And I haven't added new apps or anything during the time..... all of sudden everything is exponentially worse than when I first downloaded the new OS that I hate so much. Anyone know if something is going on or experiencing the same problems ? Thanks
    Carpe
    05-15-10 07:48 PM
    If you just downloaded the .607 OS, that's prolly it. Terrible!
    05-15-10 07:51 PM
    If you just downloaded the .607 OS, that's prolly it. Terrible!
    nonsense

-----
    05-15-10 08:04 PM
    It has to be verizon. Guy at work has a droid and his is doing the same crap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 08:34 PM
    nonsense

-----
    Ya all has been good with my phone,WOW I agree with Dave lol
    05-15-10 08:45 PM
    I'm currently running .607 and haven't had any major issues with Verizon's network. Perhaps if you hate your current OS, you should downgrade to .517.
    05-15-10 09:29 PM
    I would try wiping and reloading the Os and take the opportunity to downgrade to .517 if .607 is giving you problems. That's what I did.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-10 10:25 PM
    Thanks everyone..... nice to know that it could be Verizon..... may try the reload and/or changing of OS

carpe
    05-16-10 01:54 AM
    Nonsense... I have had great luck with .607 on my storm2. In fact I like it much better. The only issue i had was a theme i was running had issues with it. i switched themes and they went away. post a list of the apps you have on there. I would be willing to say it is a theme or a program is doing the bad thing.
    05-17-10 12:29 PM
    .607 has been nothing short of amazing for me...phone runs just how it's supposed to and with a lot of speed and no freeze ups. So all of these claims about .607 not being a good os are probably due to the 3rd party apps people have.
    05-17-10 12:35 PM
    So all of these claims about .607 not being a good os are probably due to the 3rd party apps people have.
    Not necessarily.
    05-17-10 12:38 PM
    I had 607 for two weeks and couldn't stand it anymore. I'm back on 517 and it's been smooth sailing.
    05-17-10 12:51 PM
    You know I spend a lot of time reading these forums. I rarely post unless I have a question or something meaningful to add to a discussion.

That being said, I find it incredibly amusing that some of you will blindly defend OS .607. Each phone has it's own quirks while an OS may be perfect for you it can also be a nightmare for someone else. It isn't always dependent on 3rd party apps or even user error. Instead of harping on someone who isn't as happy with an OS as you are maybe you should try to have a quality of empathy about you and try to understand that some people do have problems.

I'm glad some of you have had such great luck with .607 but it isn't a secret that .607 does have a abnormally high number of issues. Out of all of the leaks and hybrids I've run for blackberry .607 is the most unpolished official OS I have had the displeasure of running on my phone.
    05-17-10 12:53 PM
    This thread makes my head hurt...
    05-17-10 01:05 PM
    You know I spend a lot of time reading these forums. I rarely post unless I have a question or something meaningful to add to a discussion.

That being said, I find it incredibly amusing that some of you will blindly defend OS .607. Each phone has it's own quirks while an OS may be perfect for you it can also be a nightmare for someone else. It isn't always dependent on 3rd party apps or even user error. Instead of harping on someone who isn't as happy with an OS as you are maybe you should try to have a quality of empathy about you and try to understand that some people do have problems.

I'm glad some of you have had such great luck with .607 but it isn't a secret that .607 does have a abnormally high number of issues. Out of all of the leaks and hybrids I've run for blackberry .607 is the most unpolished official OS I have had the displeasure of running on my phone.
    Teach me something...why is it that it is so different? I honestly don't get it....if you and I have our S2's loaded with the same os, apps, etc...you're telling me there would be a big difference?

I feel bad for people that have the problems, but I always was under the impression that some load there phones with a lot of 3rd party apps that don't necessarily agree with their current os and that's when the problems start. Or does it have anything to do with constantly changing the os's from leaks, to hybrids, to official and so forth?
    05-17-10 01:06 PM
    Just had to do a physical battery pull for the same reason. Looks like the there is a lot of data transfer going on with no apps running. Not sure if there is a push, BBM back-up or what.

Frustrating and I am NOT running .607.
    05-17-10 01:09 PM
    Teach me something...why is it that it is so different? I honestly don't get it....if you and I have our S2's loaded with the same os, apps, etc...you're telling me there would be a big difference?

I feel bad for people that have the problems, but I always was under the impression that some load there phones with a lot of 3rd party apps that don't necessarily agree with their current os and that's when the problems start. Or does it have anything to do with constantly changing the os's from leaks, to hybrids, to official and so forth?
    When I upgraded from 451 to 607 my S2 would flip back and forth between landscape and portrait even though I hadn't rotated my phone at all, and the clock would just start up randomly.

With 451, everything runs as it should.
    05-17-10 01:19 PM
    .451 runs wonderful on my phone. All apps run on my phone. I tried .517 and .607 both had issues with my phone. .517 OS my app called WHERE would not work. .607 OS I can not chat in my BBM group. No Keyboard
    05-17-10 04:33 PM

I think the easiest way to describe it would be like this. Think of it this way. You can have two cars both the same make and model same features everything. You can drive them the same, maintain them the same and one day one of the cars breaks down.

These phones are like any other mass produced item. They are for all inherent purposes the exact same they have the same specs and same dimensions but you never know what tiny minute changes can be found from phone to phone. There are thousands of variables to take into account.

I know my phone goes through a lot more abuse than most. I routinely amass over 20k text messages a month. Not including BBM, and emails. What I consider moderate use some would consider extreme. These phones may have the same name, the same "features" but I would care to wager that there is no exact clone of my phone just like there isn't one of yours.
    05-17-10 04:54 PM
    Ive had no problems with the Verizon service during the last few days.

BKVic
    05-20-10 03:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD