Hey guys, what's the deal with the bold and curve getting a leaked OS within 24 hours but still none for the storm!?!?
    03-08-09 11:56 AM
    Hey guys, what's the deal with the bold and curve getting a leaked OS within 24 hours but still none for the storm!?!?
    and us storm users get shafted
    wtf!
    03-08-09 12:02 PM
    It's just a matter of who can get a hold of what OS releases.
    03-08-09 12:02 PM
    Plus, if I were a leaker and saw the threads from last night and demanding wanting leaks I would never leak anything.
    Beggars can't be choosers. Storm owners are getting a bad reputation in CB

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-09 12:11 PM
    What does that have to do with the Storm. They are two completely different devices. These things go in spells. But this is different. As you all know there have been a ton builds internally. And that's where they have stayed. Internal. I told everyone that leaks happen when they builds go to Partners and other ISV's. Which has not happened as of late. The majority of these are staying internal to prevent leaks. Seems like they've done a good job. Honestly, I really wouldn't expect a leak in the near future. But if one does in will not be one of the newest.
    03-08-09 12:12 PM
    Didn't you read the other thread? It's now known that "Mr. V" will no longer allow leaks for the storm.
    03-08-09 12:14 PM
    Plus, if I were a leaker and saw the threads from last night and demanding wanting leaks I would never leak anything.
    Beggars can't be choosers. Storm owners are getting a bad reputation in CB

That is the truth....
    03-08-09 12:15 PM
    Man when will people get over the "I AM ENTITLED TO GET A LEAK" crap. slap the latest leak (.109) on the phone and get over it. it's stable. only bad thing is mms issues but that can be fixed easily. Making this place sound like a candy store.

When it comes, it comes. CX said the GC is right around the corner so just wait.
    03-08-09 12:17 PM
    Man when will people get over the "I AM ENTITLED TO GET A LEAK" crap. slap the latest leak (.109) on the phone and get over it. it's stable. only bad thing is mms issues but that can be fixed easily. Making this place sound like a candy store.

When it comes, it comes. CX said the GC is right around the corner so just wait.
    He said that a while ago...I really dont see why we cant just get a fkin date.
    03-08-09 12:18 PM
    Hey Crucial,

I hear what you're saying about restricting leaks. Why are they focusing on restricting storm leaks?

What does that have to do with the Storm. They are two completely different devices. These things go in spells. But this is different. As you all know there have been a ton builds internally. And that's where they have stayed. Internal. I told everyone that leaks happen when they builds go to Partners and other ISV's. Which has not happened as of late. The majority of these are staying internal to prevent leaks. Seems like they've done a good job. Honestly, I really wouldn't expect a leak in the near future. But if one does in will not be one of the newest.
    03-08-09 12:20 PM
    Can't anyone just wait? 109 is working well. Just be a little patient.
    03-08-09 12:23 PM

No kidding. Be happy you get any leaks at all. We're not really supposed to be getting them, hence the term "leak" that is applied to them. They will come when/if they come, and getting all antsy will not make them come any faster.
    03-08-09 12:44 PM
    Who cares if it's the latest, so long as it's more recent than .109 and there are no serious issues with it? But I think the main issue here is that some people just don't know how to appreciate a good thing, and get greedy. Some of us actually appreciate the risk leakers take to get us things, and understand that we should be grateful anything leaks at all, not get upset when something takes longer than usual to leak.
    03-08-09 12:50 PM
    I just read a post from a certain respected person in this forums that just made me extremely pissed and took away any respect I might have had for him. People are complaining about leaks b/c the storm is still way behind where it should be and we are just trying to justify what we paid. I will say I have only had my storm for a very short time and have not had to endure the pain as some storm users have with the OS issues. It crosses the line when certain people start to think its funny to tease us about how other BB's are getting leaks and that we should sit here and enjoy our leakless Sunday. Put yourself in our shoes, how funny would it really be to you? Don't disrespect the consumer because we are on this site and put our faith in you guys to help us as much as possible. We only want a reason not to rid ourselves of the hassle the storm can be at times. We get mad sometimes and, yes, want a leak if you are willing, but we can and will only take what you give us. Look at how many people aren't flaming you. I appreciate what all of you have done to keep us up to date, but don't disrespect the public who is stuck at .75-.109 and don't like it. You only make yourself look like an ***. Flame me or tell me to shut up, honestly don't care. Honest truth....people will complain about inferior software like it or not, but DO NOT throw BS at us b/c you can't understand how we feel.
    03-08-09 01:01 PM
    I just read a post from a certain respected person in this forums that just made me extremely pissed and took away any respect I might have had for him. People are complaining about leaks b/c the storm is still way behind where it should be and we are just trying to justify what we paid. I will say I have only had my storm for a very short time and have not had to endure the pain as some storm users have with the OS issues. It crosses the line when certain people start to think its funny to tease us about how other BB's are getting leaks and that we should sit here and enjoy our leakless Sunday. Put yourself in our shoes, how funny would it really be to you? Don't disrespect the consumer because we are on this site and put our faith in you guys to help us as much as possible. We only want a reason not to rid ourselves of the hassle the storm can be at times. We get mad sometimes and, yes, want a leak if you are willing, but we can and will only take what you give us. Look at how many people aren't flaming you. I appreciate what all of you have done to keep us up to date, but don't disrespect the public who is stuck at .75-.109 and don't like it. You only make yourself look like an A*S*S. Flame me or tell me to shut up, honestly don't care. Honest truth....people will complain about inferior software like it or not, but DO NOT throw BS at us b/c you can't understand how we feel.
    Go back to .75 then
    03-08-09 01:11 PM
    Why is RIM so concerned about Storm OS leaks and not about their other devices?
    03-08-09 01:13 PM
    My 2 cents-
    I think that we are at least entitled to an os that actually works and takes advantage of the hardware. I bought this phone with a pos os and the only reason why I didn't take it back was because of the leaks I found on CB. I still have yet to see one that makes me want to keep my storm and if there isn't a real os release soon or future betas then I am prob going to take this thing back and move on to something that does work. That is how I feel and may not be the same as others. People are pissed because they got duped with a phone and the only reason why they keep it is because of the os and apps they find here on CB. I am greatfull for the opportunities found here but the Storm in its current state is hardly at a fully operational state for me. Thanks to those that do leak stuff because it keeps me interested in the storm.
    03-08-09 01:20 PM
    especially since it needs it the most out of all the devices
    03-08-09 01:21 PM
    Why is RIM so concerned about Storm OS leaks and not about their other devices?
    They are about all devices. But theres also 3X the amount of people employeed to work on the Bold, vs the Storm. The storm is very provider limited at this point, and I'm sure it will release to more providers as time goes on, but work on the Bold, and consequently the Jav, will always be a higher priority. Technically everyone should have .75, and it works just fine with maybe a little slowness.
    its happened more the other way around then what happened yesterday...

All good things come to those who wait...
    and im done waiting....jk
    My 2 cents-
    I think that we are at least entitled to an os that actually works and takes advantage of the hardware. I bought this phone with a pos os and the only reason why I didn't take it back was because of the leaks I found on CB. I still have yet to see one that makes me want to keep my storm and if there isn't a real os release soon or future betas then I am prob going to take this thing back and move on to something that does work. That is how I feel and may not be the same as others. People are pissed because they got duped with a phone and the only reason why they keep it is because of the os and apps they find here on CB. I am greatfull for the opportunities found here but the Storm in its current state is hardly at a fully operational state for me. Thanks to those that do leak stuff because it keeps me interested in the storm.
    But your argument does not hold water. Technically, .75 makes your phone perform just as the box says. You can receive email, browse the Internet, send SMS/MMS, install apps, use the GPS, and even install "beta" themes if you like. Other then a little slowness (which is the point of firmware compiles over and over and over to QA testers), what doesnt your phone do?

Your getting what you paid for
    03-08-09 01:23 PM
    They are about all devices. But theres also 3X the amount of people employeed to work on the Bold, vs the Storm. The storm is very provider limited at this point, and I'm sure it will release to more providers as time goes on, but work on the Bold, and consequently the Jav, will always be a higher priority. Technically everyone should have .75, and it works just fine with maybe a little slowness.
    Radio. Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

CX did say that they were keeping more of the Storm OS's internal so there would be less of a chance that they would leak.

I guess I am asking why they are concentrating on keeping leaks of the Storm OS from happening, meanwhile, they are obviously releasing other device's OS's to partners as they are leaking all the time?
    03-08-09 01:25 PM
    Go back to .75 then
    See...knew a reply like this would be sure to come. Where did I say anything about wanting to go back to .75 or downgrading PERIOD? Anyways, that was my post and I'm done with it. Time to sit and wait!
    03-08-09 01:25 PM
    Radio. Thanks for the explanation. That makes sense.

CX did say that they were keeping more of the Storm OS's internal so there would be less of a chance that they would leak.

I guess I am asking why they are concentrating on keeping leaks of the Storm OS from happening, meanwhile, they are obviously releasing other device's OS's to partners as they are leaking all the time?
    Very easy! Remember what I said about how theres a lot more people working on the Jav/Bold? Well, 3X the chance of a leak then

Do you see lots of leaks for the 8350i or 8220? How many of those are really sold vs the Bold/Jav? Easy as pie
    03-08-09 01:29 PM
    But your argument does not hold water. Technically, .75 makes your phone perform just as the box says. You can receive email, browse the Internet, send SMS/MMS, install apps, use the GPS, and even install "beta" themes if you like. Other then a little slowness (which is the point of firmware compiles over and over and over to QA testers), what doesnt your phone do?

Your getting what you paid for
    I appreciate your presence on this forum and for filling us in on things we may not know about the leak process.

On the other hand this post is garbage. Were getting what we paid for? Seriously? Your telling me RIM's intention was to put out a device that crawls when you use it? Technically .75 isn't really what any of us expected in the months of hype leading up to the Storm. What doesn't my phone do in .75? It doesn't make my life easier like it suppossed to. My 8703 made life easier then .75 did.

Thats why most of us our on .109 and eagerly awaiting a new leak or actual release. We all have bought into what the Storm is capable of doing, and want to see it come to fruition. Thats why we didn't return the device when we had the chance because the device is capable of so much, and we figured the full capability would be released during the first 3 months of the life of the phone. Theres still no excuse for my phone resetting every 5th time I put headphones in or plug the charger in. Or for it to take 5 seconds to lock. Yeah Yeah I know its a beta, and i'm lucky to have it. Thats true, but its also a load of crap. Were lucky to have an OS that makes our phone look in the ballpark of what is advertised in commercials? To say were lucky to have an OS that makes our life easier is just ignorant or blatant homerism.

We paid for a device that is supp to be held up to the standards of other blackberrys. We paid for something that will make our life easier. We shouldn't be forced to be happy with a technicality.
    03-08-09 01:45 PM
116 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD