I am getting my Storm delivered tomorrow! What's the first thing I should do with it?? I mean after I put the battery in and the cover plate. I am upgrading from a Curve so I am looking for some tips to get me started on the right path with the Storm. Thanks for all your suggestions!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-09 05:20 PM
    READ HERE DO NOT POST !!!

There's so many tips if you just read..

Use the tips section...
    03-27-09 05:24 PM

Use the tips section...
    +juan

but seriously...just go through the phone and learn it...learn it....learn IT!
    03-27-09 05:25 PM
    I'm getting mine tomorrow too! I posted the same question as yours. Many will suggest that you read through the forums - I have been doing this and have learned a lot by doing so.

I'm sure many will agree. The first thing you should probably do is upgrade the OS to either .113 or .114. These are, however, not official updates.
    03-27-09 05:28 PM
    Agreed, xxfire! For starters, don't ask questions untill you boot it up. I suggest reading the forum rules and playing w your phone for a full 24 hours. All of your questions have been asked and answered already. Just search. Good luck, have fun and WELCOME!

03-27-09 05:29 PM
    Try what I did. Read through the "Storm Tips, Tricks and FAQs" sub-forum above, and similar how-to threads on this forum. Bookmark every page that's of interest to you, for later reference.

When you get your Storm unboxed, charge it up for a good eight hours or so. Then hook it up to your PC, load the CDs, fire up Desktop Manager and configure the device.

Once you've completed the basic device setup, start running down your list of bookmarked pages to learn how to configure your applications and e-mail, and set your personal preferences. Practice searching these forums, because most of the questions you have will have been answered before. For instance, search on "reset" and learn how to Perform the legendary battery pull on your device. Focus on memory management and how to make sure your applications are closed after you finish using them.

After you have your Storm set up the way you like it, you can go into the Third-party Apps forum and learn about all of the delicious applications available for your Storm.

Come back to this forum anytime with questions, and also be sure to post new discoveries you make. But remember that an important rule of thumb here is to search the forums for answers before posting questions. Helps keep peace in the family.

Storm on.
    03-27-09 05:43 PM
    go thru the tips, tricks tweeks etc. there are alot of good settings that vary by user preference that will make it feel better. but dont change too much too fast. take your time and enjoy the learning process. change something and play with it. change another and play with it etc
    03-27-09 05:44 PM

Use the tips section...
    Thats 10000% true i read pages and pages of forums before i had my first post
    03-27-09 05:48 PM
    Read the manual then read it again. Next hit the tips and tricks thread. First app to get....QuickLaunch.
    03-27-09 05:48 PM
    lol, get a box prepared to send it back in...

But seriously, like said above, just play around with it. The one thing I did to get used to the keyboard was manually input all my contacts instead of synching them from somewhere else. That way you spend some time and get used to the proper form with your thumbs, etc..
    Also, make sure your on 1EV and not global. I cant remember if the storm was set to this when I got it.
    03-27-09 05:50 PM
    The FIRST thing you should do is let it charge. Don't get impatient. Put the battery in, plug it into the wall charger, and let it charge.

While its doing that, read as much as you can here so you'll be aware of what works and what doesn't.

If your phone comes with .65 installed, update it to .75, which, at the time of this post, is the "newest" "official" update (although it came out in December).

While its doing that, read as much as you can here so you'll be aware of what works and what doesn't.

Then, use the Search function on this forum for anything you didn't discover but still want to know. Chances are, the 1000000000 other people on here have asked it already and its been answered.

Welcome to CB!
    03-27-09 05:51 PM
    Thanks for all your suggestions so far. I actually have been reading these forums for awhile now and to all those haters that preach the search function... Just move along and flame someone else for starting false rumors! I will post a question whenever I feel like getting a direct response to my question and search for the general stuff. And quite honostly all haters just make me laugh anyway! Lol. Again thanks for all your suggestions.

03-27-09 05:59 PM
    I do the same thing everytime I get a new device. I go through each stock app to see what is avail, then go through all the settings and prefs to see exactly what I can customize. After I'm more familiar with it I'll do some reading on the things I'm unsure of. Lastly, I find a good site like this to find extra info, apps, games, and themes.
    03-27-09 06:01 PM
    We practice what we preach, darling. This is a community. Leave your attitude at the gate.

03-27-09 06:05 PM
    We practice what we preach, darling. This is a community. Leave your attitude at the gate.

Who is this directed at?
    03-27-09 06:09 PM
    I think me. Lol.

03-27-09 06:10 PM
    P.s. Since you're coming from a curve, I think you'll find the storm pretty easy to get used to. It has all the basic blackberry features you are accustomed to, and a ton more. If you thought you were addicted before... Just wait til you get this thing in your hands!

03-27-09 06:11 PM

Are you flirting? In the Forums? For shame.
    03-27-09 06:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD