Whats the deal with documents to go?
    is it free?
    do we need the premium edition to make documents?
    is there a way to do this without spending $60?
    02-01-09 10:33 PM
    Since you can use the 'save as' for any docs opened/edited with Docs to Go, the workaround to paying the premium cost for Docs to Go is to create a blank word doc, excel, or ppt file and transfer that to your device. At least that's what I did and it's worked fine.
    02-01-09 11:05 PM
    In order to use all the features of documents to go you need to buy the premium version. But you don't have to buy the premium version to create documents. What I did was create a blank document, spreadsheet and slideshow in microsoft office and then transferred them to my storm. Now you have the option to have a new document, spreadsheet and slideshow by just opening the blank file. Just remember to use the save as feature to save the new file so that you still have a blank file to use next time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 11:05 PM
    Awsome Thanks!!!!
    02-02-09 06:35 PM
    In order to use all the features of documents to go you need to buy the premium version. But you don't have to buy the premium version to create documents. What I did was create a blank document, spreadsheet and slideshow in microsoft office and then transferred them to my storm. Now you have the option to have a new document, spreadsheet and slideshow by just opening the blank file. Just remember to use the save as feature to save the new file so that you still have a blank file to use next time.

Okay, so here is a newbie question... wait for it... wait for it...

How are you "putting" the blank files on the storm? I get a warning saying that the file is not supported and will only be used for storage.
    02-02-09 07:18 PM
    Okay, so here is a newbie question... wait for it... wait for it...

How are you "putting" the blank files on the storm? I get a warning saying that the file is not supported and will only be used for storage.
    Open up microsoft word, now save the page after it loads with a name (i called my Word Template). Do the same thing for excel and powerpoint. Now you can either email them to yourself or drag and drop them to the documents folder on the BB1 or BB2 drive.

02-02-09 07:43 PM
    I must be missing something, I don't have BB1 or BB2... I had a lot of problems with the device software on install. Anyway, sending it via email did the trick. Thanks for your help.
    02-03-09 10:53 AM
    I must be missing something, I don't have BB1 or BB2... I had a lot of problems with the device software on install. Anyway, sending it via email did the trick. Thanks for your help.
    The BlackBerry1 and BlackBerry2 drives will appear when you are using mass storage mode. The BB1 drive is the device memory and the BB2 drive is the media card memory. Anyways, it's good to hear that you have the files on your storm now. If you haven't already, update your copy to 1.006 which was released a couple days ago.

02-03-09 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD